New Wine Allotment - 1 Bottle per Adult

1 hour ago, mbrazil120 said:

First time on Royal so I apologize for the question in advance.
Does the wine or pop have to be in your carry-on or can you put it in your checked bag? I am just thinking that two bottles of wine and a 12 pack of pop will be quite heavy to carry around until rooms are open. 

If you are planning on two bottles of wine and 12 cans of soda, just put it in a rollaboard so you don't have to carry it.  Much easier to roll it instead of having it in a duffle or a backpack.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mbrazil120 said:

First time on Royal so I apologize for the question in advance.
Does the wine or pop have to be in your carry-on or can you put it in your checked bag? I am just thinking that two bottles of wine and a 12 pack of pop will be quite heavy to carry around until rooms are open. 

My plan is to put my two or three bottles of wine (four adults in four rooms), one or two 12-packs of soda, and the carry-ons for four people in one of those collapsible fabric-sided wagons.  Try really hard to get earliest boarding.  Then finding an out of the way comfy chair and reading a book until the rooms open up.   

Just now, HappyTexan44 said:

My plan is to put my two or three bottles of wine (four adults in four rooms), one or two 12-packs of soda, and the carry-ons for four people in one of those collapsible fabric-sided wagons.  Try really hard to get earliest boarding.  Then finding an out of the way comfy chair and reading a book until the rooms open up.   

I've seen people boarding with those collapsible wagons. 

With that many adults, you can easily pick that "out of the way" spot and take turns holding the fort. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HappyTexan44 said:

They will make you empty the wagon out and put all the carryons through the scanner, so just make sure you don't have a lot of loose stuff in the wagon.  Whether they will let you leave the 12 packs in the wagon will depend on the port and the mood of the person you encounter at security.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

They will make you empty the wagon out and put all the carryons through the scanner, so just make sure you don't have a lot of loose stuff in the wagon.  Whether they will let you leave the 12 packs in the wagon will depend on the port and the mood of the person you encounter at security.

We would be able to even collapse the wagon and send it through the scanner.  I added a note to my cruise document to not have loose stuff in there.  I can see stuff just getting tossed in as we leave the car.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HappyTexan44 said:

Says maximum 2 bottles of wine per cabin, 1 per adult. 

3 or 4 might or might not get by. 

58 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Says maximum 2 bottles of wine per cabin, 1 per adult. 

3 or 4 might or might not get by. 

We have four rooms, four adults and four teens (I hadn't mentioned the teens before because they didn't impact the wine allotment.  So, in either the old or new rules 4 bottles of wine should be fine.  I'll probably bring 3 since I'll likely be the only one drinking wine and it is a 5-day cruise.  If I bring 4, I will likely be sharing my wine with people sitting nearby.