New Wine Allotment - 1 Bottle per Adult

6 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

So officially juice boxes would be part of the 12. 

Sure, we could get juice from the Windjammer -- but I'm investigating the options.  

You're rambling and justifying.  

1. I reserve a cabin.  That cost -- whether large or small -- is now done, spent, finished. 

2. I decide what drinks to bring /buy onboard.  This is a separate item.  Just because I spent $$$ on the cruise doesn't mean I don't want to be frugal with drinks.  

True, but there's the rule and there's what's actually done.  Sounds like they're trying to force what actually happens to match the rule. 

Justifying what exactly? I’m don’t care what their policy is.  

How you spend and decide on how you spend money is your behavior.   But thousand of comments on CC show that many folks do in fact factor in total cost of the trip and manage their money accordingly. Many folks work off a budget.  

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

Per policy juice boxes would count as small cartons of non-alcoholic beverage and should count toward the allowance of 12 per stateroom.  Obviously juice boxes are not milk or water so they do not fit within that exception.  Though 12 is technically the limit, just as I said to Jimbo, I’m not sure how vigorously they might enforce that limit….YMMV.  Even if others have carried on lots of juice boxes, you might get the gung-ho person who enforces the limit, though I would hope not.  16-17 oz bottles of juice (to be dispensed into a sippy cup) would go further if your little one might find that acceptable 

I find in general that they are more lenient when it comes to little ones.  I just boarded this week in Cape Liberty, and the person in my security line is someone I have encountered before.  Let me just say that if I had the opportunity, I would smack the ^%$%^ out of her.  She's a mean one, Ms. Grinch.  She started to take away a small child's bottle of half-drunk chocolate milk, and mid-sentence, said, "Oh, go ahead, it 's fine", immediately after yelling at someone to throw out half a water bottle.

My daughter carried on three LARGE bottles (48 oz?) of Ripple for my granddaughter.  No one even ASKED her what they were.  (she wasn't in Ms. Grinch's line)

• Haha 1

I believe that "security" people that work at the luggage-scanner machines work for the port, not the cruise line.  They are given rules to enforce.  Their job security may depend upon enforcing those rules.  They probably screen passengers on different cruise lines who may have different rules.  So, if one security person decides to use what some of us might refer to as "common senses", they are actually violating their work agreement.  We cruised on Celebrity 2 times last year.  MOST of the passengers booked under the "always included" fare that gave us drinks packages.  So, I don't know if they really cared about you bringing your own wine to drink, since you had already pre-paid to drink their wine.  Anyway, does anyone have a current RCCL price list for wine?  We are on Anthem March 26. 

12 minutes ago, teacherman said:

Anyway, does anyone have a current RCCL price list for wine?  We are on Anthem March 26. 

Mainly between $9 and $16 plus gratuities a glass.  Average around $12 a glass.

Prices are in the app under dining >bars > menus for your cruise (may have to go to this weeks sailing ) and under restaurants 

Edited by sgmn

Thank you.  I see some wines that I enjoy are about $40 per bottle.  And with my D+ discount (40%), I will only pay $24 per bottle.  Add the 18% gratuity and we are up to about $28.32.  Unless, of course, the gratuity applies to the pre-discounted price, which makes it about $31.20 per bottle.  Not terrible for a bottle of wine in a restaurant.  But I did buy the same bottle in my local wine store for $8.99 yesterday.  So, the big decision is after spending thousands of dollars to take this cruise, am I going to agonize over paying maybe $22 above retail for a bottle of wine?   Or am I going to let the ship buy it, bring it onboard, uncork it, and serve it to me?  And not be concerned with taking it onboard in my carry-on?

Oh, well.  Never think about prices too much when you are on vacation.  Just go and enjoy yourself.😇

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, teacherman said:

Thank you.  I see some wines that I enjoy are about $40 per bottle.  And with my D+ discount (40%), I will only pay $24 per bottle.  Add the 18% gratuity and we are up to about $28.32.  Unless, of course, the gratuity applies to the pre-discounted price, which makes it about $31.20 per bottle.  Not terrible for a bottle of wine in a restaurant.  But I did buy the same bottle in my local wine store for $8.99 yesterday.  So, the big decision is after spending thousands of dollars to take this cruise, am I going to agonize over paying maybe $22 above retail for a bottle of wine?   Or am I going to let the ship buy it, bring it onboard, uncork it, and serve it to me?  And not be concerned with taking it onboard in my carry-on?

Oh, well.  Never think about prices too much when you are on vacation.  Just go and enjoy yourself.😇

I agree.  A 40% discount will make bottles of wine look much more tempting, especially ones not offered by the glass with our vouchers.  They have had supply issues (who hasn’t?) recently, but hopefully your wines will be in stock on your cruise.

Edited by Starry Eyes

On 3/1/2023 at 4:36 PM, Merion_Mom said:

But we are now getting a nice discount on bottles of wine on board.  A discount that used to only be part of the UDP.

Now this is maybe good....are these discounts on bottles of wine for everyone, 5 night dining packages as well?

19 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Yeah,,, but it has never really been two per cabin. It has been 2 per person and 4 for a double occupancy cabin. There was zero ability for the rent-a-cops to associate bottles with cabins. 

You ever travel solo? It was most definitely 2 per cabin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Yeah,,, but it has never really been two per cabin. It has been 2 per person and 4 for a double occupancy cabin. There was zero ability for the rent-a-cops to associate bottles with cabins. 

I can assure you as a frequent solo traveller it was 2 bottles per cabin 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Only the unlimited dining package gets the 40% off wine

Point #5 under the new March 10th Benefits T&C says a Diamond and above drink voucher may be used as a discount coupon for bottles valued at 40% off under $100 or 20% off over $100.  

Which also means I have to retract another post I made about this being a discount unrelated to the drink vouchers....

On 3/2/2023 at 4:47 PM, seba1 said:

Thanks for the post. I had no idea. We are on a sailing out of Barcelona this summer and have an 18 year old with us. Since the drinking age in Spain is 18, does that me one bottle could count toward him (not that he will drink it, but it would allow us 3 bottles). 

Stephanie

He’s 18. He can drink the bottle! 

12 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Point #5 under the new March 10th Benefits T&C says a Diamond and above drink voucher may be used as a discount coupon for bottles valued at 40% off under $100 or 20% off over $100.  

Which also means I have to retract another post I made about this being a discount unrelated to the drink vouchers....

Yes I am aware of that however the post i was replying to was wondering if the discount applied to the 5 night dining package as well as the UDP

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Only the unlimited dining package gets the 40% off wine

Actually, under the new perks, you may use one of your D, D+ or P vouchers to purchase bottles of wine at a discount.

image.thumb.png.05a51ab103833b52750f31a9f744fc2a.png

18 minutes ago, ace1zoe2 said:

Actually, under the new perks, you may use one of your D, D+ or P vouchers to purchase bottles of wine at a discount.

Read what I was replying to.  They were asking if the discount applied to the 5 night dining package as well as the UDP

49 minutes ago, ace1zoe2 said:

Not sure this discount requires the use of a voucher 🤔

48 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Someone did post something from the fine print on main page of benefits that said you could use one of your vouchers for a discount.

Do you know the latest protocol for B2B cruisers🤔

Can we board with 2?

Asking for a friend😉

• Haha 1