New Wine Allotment - 1 Bottle per Adult

49 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Can a couple still bring 2 bottles of wine and 2- twelve pack(cases) of soda?

No, a couple sharing a stateroom is allowed 2 bottles of wine and 12 sodas.  I don’t know if they will carefully enforce that limit, but that is the rule.

”Guests may also bring non-alcoholic beverages as carry-on items on boarding day. Non-alcoholic beverages may not exceed 12 standard (17 oz.) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom.”

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Thanks 1

Would be nice if there could be one bottle per person for a seven to eight day cruise, and two bottles for over 12 nights or so.  We are going on a 16 night cruise, so an extra bottle would be nice.  My sister, sailing solo, had planned to bring two bottles on, but now will only be one.

Thank you for the heads up.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, twangster said:
WINE ALLOTMENT UPDATE
spacer.gif
Starting on March 3rd, 2023, the new wine and champagne allowance for Royal Caribbean will be one (1) 750 mL bottle, per adult of drinking age, per sailing. The bottles should still be brought via hand luggage/carry on and not in checked luggage. We recommend each guest bring their bottle in their respective carry-on bag for security purposes.
spacer.gif

Gotta rethink the Limoncello 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

No, a couple sharing a stateroom is allowed 2 bottles of wine and 12 sodas.  I don’t know if they will carefully enforce that limit, but that is the rule.

”Guests may also bring non-alcoholic beverages as carry-on items on boarding day. Non-alcoholic beverages may not exceed 12 standard (17 oz.) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom.”

Sure doesnt always happen but they counted my 12pack soda pop bottles at 5 US Ports in last 3yrs. While in line took a drink of one bottle with my meds. Made me throw bottle away

3 hours ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

This is penalizing solo travellers who are paying double the cruise fare.

Exactly.  My wife, son  and I have connecting cabins for our upcoming Anthem cruise this month with mine being solo so I could double the points to get us to Diamond.  I’m paying for two but now I can’t bring my two bottles on?  We were planning on 4.  With the alcohol prices on Royal each bottle is worth bringing.  I want to see how this is going to get enforced over the next few weeks.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, teacherman said:

Thank you.  I had previously heard that it was 2 bottles per cabin.  So had planned to take 2 bottles even though we had one adult and one child.

That is what we usually do as well, since we always have one adult in each cabin with each child.  I wonder when we will get the email on this because if they do not inform guests of the change of policy, I can foresee many people showing up when we cruise in 10 days with 2 bottles for a cabin with one child and one adult registered.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Calm down - in reality it is 2 bottles per carry on!

I’m sailing with my 12 year old in may. In October I was able to bring on 2 bottles-now for my 12 nights I can only bring one: while those with 4 adults get 4 bottles per staterooms essentially, I get one bc my full fare paying second guest is under 21. 

• Like 1

Just one more bad decision - for passengers.  I traveled solo in November 2022 and brought aboard 2 bottles of wine.  However, there are ways to circumvent the policy ... which I will not discuss here.  😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, twangster said:

True, but the onboard prices for a bottle of wine even with a discount are much higher than the price for a bottle in a retail store that can be carried on.

Not always.  I've found some that were close to equal  retail vs. on-board discounted.

Not saying all always.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ksmommy5 said:

I’m sailing with my 12 year old in may. In October I was able to bring on 2 bottles-now for my 12 nights I can only bring one: while those with 4 adults get 4 bottles per staterooms essentially, I get one bc my full fare paying second guest is under 21. 

Just playing devil’s advocate…the amount spent is irrelevant to the allowance.  Whether the adult is splitting a super cheap rate on an inside cabin or is massively overpaying for a big suite, the allowance is still one bottle per adult.  

Four adults sharing a regular stateroom for 12 nights may need those bottles😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

You know until recently, NO wine was permitted to be brought on board.

How quickly people forget.

Your concept of “recently” might differ from mine.  
I recall being allowed to bring on two bottles per cabin for years….at least 2014, probably longer….

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

You know until recently, NO wine was permitted to be brought on board.

How quickly people forget.

I recall it well and was so happy when they allowed passengers to bring wine on board. I cringe when o read of ways to get around the rules as I fully recall the restriction. 

m

13 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Your concept of “recently” might differ from mine.  
I recall being allowed to bring on two bottles per cabin for years….at least 2014, probably longer….

We have been cruising since the 1980s and many started cruising well prior. We’ve seen a lot. What happened in 2014 may indeed be considered recent to many. 
m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

But we are now getting a nice discount on bottles of wine on board.  A discount that used to only be part of the UDP.

Now that we are getting a wine discount without having to buy a dining pkg, let's hope they are well stocked on bottles of wine.    Might be best to buy what you like early on.  😇

• Like 1