New Wine Allotment - 1 Bottle per Adult

So, we are a party of 8 cruising on Anthem March 26.  DW and I are both D+.  No one else has a high "status".  (but they are still nice people)😁  As I understand all of the new benefits, my wife and I each receive 5 drink vouchers daily.  We can use 8 of these to get everyone a pre-dinner drink in a bar, and then use the other 2 vouchers for a discount on a couple bottles of wine at dinner, if we choose to do so.  Is that how you all understand it?

5 minutes ago, teacherman said:

So, we are a party of 8 cruising on Anthem March 26.  DW and I are both D+.  No one else has a high "status".  (but they are still nice people)😁  As I understand all of the new benefits, my wife and I each receive 5 drink vouchers daily.  We can use 8 of these to get everyone a pre-dinner drink in a bar, and then use the other 2 vouchers for a discount on a couple bottles of wine at dinner, if we choose to do so.  Is that how you all understand it?

Maybe. I don't think it says how many vouchers you have to use for each discounted bottle of wine.  Not sure you can assume 1 voucher per bottle.

45 minutes ago, teacherman said:

Yes

I always cruise solo and the few times I've sailed Royal I paid a 200% solo supplement - in other words I paid for two people. Unless I'm getting a reduced fare by sailing in one of their very few solo cabins which are only available on a few ships, it only seems fair that if they want to charge me for two and treat me as two people (even though I only eat - and very little at that - for one) I should be able to bring on two bottles. What am I missing here? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Zoey said:

I always cruise solo and the few times I've sailed Royal I paid a 200% solo supplement - in other words I paid for two people. Unless I'm getting a reduced fare by sailing in one of their very few solo cabins which are only available on a few ships, it only seems fair that if they want to charge me for two and treat me as two people (even though I only eat - and very little at that - for one) I should be able to bring on two bottles. What am I missing here? 

Since you have to pay for two people anyway, couldn't you make the second person a friend of yours who just never shows up?   Then you could bring your friend's wine on board also.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Zoey said:

Playing Devil’s Advocate, since you asked the question…

It has nothing to do with the amount you paid or the form of payment.   If you’d gotten the cruise free (won it at bingo or a sweepstakes), your allowance would be one bottle.  If you pay through the nose, your allowance is one bottle.  

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, HappyTexan44 said:

Since you have to pay for two people anyway, couldn't you make the second person a friend of yours who just never shows up?   Then you could bring your friend's wine on board also.  

Pretty sure solo cruisers aren't going to give up their double points for a bottle of wine.  My guess is that you will also have to produce an adult for every bottle you bring on. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

My eDocs that I printed today for our cruise in 3 weeks still shows the old rules under what you are allowed to bring. Will be interested to see if I have to bring that out at boarding and if they will honor it or decide to hold onto 2 bottles for the cruise to return to me at the end. We have 2 rooms booked with 1 adult in each.

4 hours ago, SWACruising said:

My eDocs that I printed today for our cruise in 3 weeks still shows the old rules under what you are allowed to bring. Will be interested to see if I have to bring that out at boarding and if they will honor it or decide to hold onto 2 bottles for the cruise to return to me at the end. We have 2 rooms booked with 1 adult in each.

Good call!!  I’ll have to look at mine too and see if it says 2 per room.  I’ll print it out if it does

edit:  looked it up and sure enough mine still says 2 per room.  I’ll be printing that out for sure since I’m solo in my room

Edited by The Fun Researcher
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Although they mentioned B2B allows 2 bottles pp when boarding the first sailing, I noticed there was no mention of longer cruises, e.g., an 18-night or 21-night cruise.  So, it’s apparently 1 bottle pp per “sailing”.  Correct?

11 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Only the unlimited dining package gets the 40% off wine

Are you sure, Ken?  We booked a three night dining package for the Odyssey months ago and it has always listed the 40% off bottles of wine discount as one of the features.  We are not purchasing the drink package so I was definitely planning on using this perk.  Is my cruise planner description lying to me?  😢 

26 minutes ago, Tiggerontheseas said:

Are you sure, Ken?  We booked a three night dining package for the Odyssey months ago and it has always listed the 40% off bottles of wine discount as one of the features.  We are not purchasing the drink package so I was definitely planning on using this perk.  Is my cruise planner description lying to me?  😢 

When I looked at the descriptions and compariisons on line it appeared that only the udp received the discount on the wine.  Either that was wrong or they are using the same fine print for all the dining packages....could go either way.  

32 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

When I looked at the descriptions and compariisons on line it appeared that only the udp received the discount on the wine.  Either that was wrong or they are using the same fine print for all the dining packages....could go either way.  

Thanks!  I think that I'll print out our description that lists it as a highlight and keep my fingers crossed.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, iuki said:

Although they mentioned B2B allows 2 bottles pp when boarding the first sailing, I noticed there was no mention of longer cruises, e.g., an 18-night or 21-night cruise.  So, it’s apparently 1 bottle pp per “sailing”.  Correct?

Correct.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Maybe. I don't think it says how many vouchers you have to use for each discounted bottle of wine.  Not sure you can assume 1 voucher per bottle.

Not vouchers,   D+ gets a discount on a bottle of wine. So, for them, a couple who are both D+ gets two separate discounts.

32 minutes ago, BND said:

Not vouchers,   D+ gets a discount on a bottle of wine. So, for them, a couple who are both D+ gets two separate discounts.

It says you have to redeem voucher/vouchers to get the 40% discount on wine. It’s not exactly clear and doesn’t state how many.

“Drink vouchers may also be used toward a discount off the purchase of any bottle of wine”

On 3/1/2023 at 4:04 PM, twangster said:

Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under the legal drinking age, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy.

Is this the same wording as before, or is this new? 

My quick thought:  the per cabin part was never enforceable.   People in the same cabin can go through security separately or just act like they are not together.  I doubt that security ever asked to see cabin assignments to enforce the alcohol carryon policy.

• Like 2

On 3/3/2023 at 5:18 PM, SWACruising said:

Same here, we cruise the 18th of March and right on the docs it states this.

We will try and see what happens.

22 hours ago, marvelous35 said:

My quick thought:  the per cabin part was never enforceable.   People in the same cabin can go through security separately or just act like they are not together.  I doubt that security ever asked to see cabin assignments to enforce the alcohol carryon policy.

Security did this during the spring break period at least one year.  Everyone with beverages of any kind in carry on bags was sent to tables right after security.  ID and set sail passes as well as all  bottles were examined.  Seals were checked.  Water was shaken.  All was documented on a form, so they could check for duplicates.  Though a different cabin number, I was asked about a similar last name (my FIL’s name😀).  

22 hours ago, marvelous35 said:

That's what I told DH.  One per person over 21 is completely enforceable.  2 per cabin, not so much unless you are the only adult.  We don't bother to carry on anymore as we're D+ with almost 600 points so on cruises longer than 6 days we can get 3 bottles of wine from C&A, but we never took more than two total.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2023 at 12:59 PM, twangster said:
WINE ALLOTMENT UPDATE
spacer.gif
Starting on March 3rd, 2023, the new wine and champagne allowance for Royal Caribbean will be one (1) 750 mL bottle, per adult of drinking age, per sailing. The bottles should still be brought via hand luggage/carry on and not in checked luggage. We recommend each guest bring their bottle in their respective carry-on bag for security purposes.
spacer.gif

We gave up as we got older.  The weight of wine is too much to carry on in the small suitcases any more!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/3/2023 at 5:35 PM, smokeybandit said:

"Sir, you're traveling solo. The new rule is only 1 bottle per adult in the cabin. Why do you have two?"

"Well sir, I was planning on there being another adult in the cabin at some point"

:classic_rolleyes:

"I'm so sorry to hear that the other member of your party was not able to accompany you on this cruise.  The good news, we will secure that bottle that was intended for him/her right here in the Terminal, and upon your return, you can retrieve it and take it to the intended party.  Have a great cruise"!