Mixology 101 Elite vs Drink Experience for Fee

dazey

During our last cruise we attended a mixology event provided by  Captain Club for Elite level and up.  It was 4 drinks passed with description by the bartender and also music. It was quite nice and not long at all.  Informal. Listened, drank, talked a bit and it was over.  We are sailing in May and saw Mixology 101 offered for $29.99.  Can someone tell me if there would be a difference between the two?  If the same I will pass.

It was nice but would not pay for it - maybe it will be offered by CC again.  

On the Silhouette the mixology class for a fee was held at World Class Bar where you were hands on, taught to make a few drinks. We didn’t do it but talked to the bar staff there about it. 

We did both.   

The mixology 101 was at the WCB.  I think it depends on the BT doing it.   Ours was not hands on.  There were 4 of us.   The BT made 5 different drinks.    He explained a few things about the basics of making a mixed drink.   When making the drinks he told us what he used and the portions.    The 5 drinks were full size drinks it was a lot to drink in 45 minutes.    The price was $29.99 plus 20% gratuity.   It was fun but one and done.   Really didn’t learn much as it was just basic stuff you can pick up on UTube or any spirit maker.  Ex on Makers Mark’s  site they always have a video showing how to make a featured drink.   A few of the drinks were a Espresso Martini, Citrus Mojito, and Daiquiri, 

In Nov we went to the Elite event Music and Mixology.   Not the same.   We got 4 drinks.   We couldn’t hear what the BT was saying because the band was over powering him.    The drinks weren’t that good.   If we didn’t have a drink pack it would have been worth drinking for the free booze.   I think must attending felt the same as there were many almost full glasses when we left. 

Drink up 🍸🍻🍹🧉🍾🧋🍷🥤

Edited by miched

Thanks for the info.  Sounds like a pass on the fee mixology event.  I also agree that hearing the BT speak was difficult at the Elite event.  Maybe they need to set it up so that everyone is a little closer - everyone was spread out.

Weve done the Music and Mixology on both Solstice and Eclipse.

Both events were “narrated” by a guest activity staff member. They told us how the drink was made while the mixologist did the show portion.

Its a fun activity with the right band, Eclipse music was so much better than Solstice.

I would be interested in the music and mixology for our 10 day Edge Carribean cruise this month. We do not have a beverage package so looking for some fun and free cocktails.Wondering when this is offered during cruise? Is this something you received in your room at beginning of the cruise from CC ?

Edited by sdnich

15 minutes ago, sdnich said:

I would be interested in the music and mixology for our 10 day Edge Carribean cruise this month. We do not have a beverage package so looking for some fun and free cocktails.Wondering when this is offered during cruise? Is this something you received in your room at beginning of the cruise from CC ?

We were on the Equinox in Nov.   At that time it was being rolled out on a trial basis.  We were told it was only on 2 ships. 

it is an Elite Plus or above event. It was listed on the sheet you get for your CC level benefits.   A RSVP is required 

These are our drinks when we left.   Sad excuse for a Mai Tai, Manhattan, Kir Royale, and I think a Cosmo.   Most tables looked the same way.   When it was over.  

Drink up 🥤🍻🍹🧉🍾🧋🍷🍸🥂🍺

3869DA1A-3E7C-4BDA-9785-05D7C4A1DB36.png

I did the for Fee Mixology on Silhouette last year and enjoyed it.  it was held at the World Class Bar and there were two bartenders at the event.  The participants watched the lead bartender, who was from the Ensemble Lounge bar, make and explain the drink and then he had us made the same drinks while he and the World Class Bartender looked on and assisted as necessary.   I enjoyed the experience but have never put it to practical use. 

Pretty sure on Beyond last month the CC mixology event was 3 drinks.   I remember mai tai, manhattan, and one other but it didn't look like that drink in post #7.  I don't remember a cosmo.    Or maybe there were 4 and I just don't remember.   I don't think so though. 

Has anyone done the CC elite wine tasting?   We missed it because we went to Captain Kate's Q&A that ran 1.5 hours so we showed up 30 min late and the door was closed.   Just wondering what the wine tasting was like. 

3 hours ago, miched said:

We were on the Equinox in Nov.   At that time it was being rolled out on a trial basis.  We were told it was only on 2 ships. 

it is an Elite Plus or above event. It was listed on the sheet you get for your CC level benefits.   A RSVP is required 

These are our drinks when we left.   Sad excuse for a Mai Tai, Manhattan, Kir Royale, and I think a Cosmo.   Most tables looked the same way.   When it was over.  

Drink up 🥤🍻🍹🧉🍾🧋🍷🍸🥂🍺

3869DA1A-3E7C-4BDA-9785-05D7C4A1DB36.png

Someone needs to drink harder. 🙂

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Someone needs to drink harder. 🙂

I think most at the event had a drink package.   The drinks that were served weren't worth the alcohol consumption considering we could get premium drinks that we enjoy.   If I didn’t have a drink pack I could “force”  myself to drink them plus the extra that was available and maybe like we did when young and dumb raid the other tables.  😱🤗

It was held on the last night at 5 pm.   The photo was taken at 5:30 and most were already leaving.   As you can see from the photo the glasses almost full.   Left there and went to the Retreat Lounge for a Markers Old Fashion.   The BT there knew how I like  it.   Heavy on the bourbon, not much sweetener, and a splash of Grand  Marnier and don’t top it off with seltzer as most of the BTs would do.   They also had  Luxardo cherries and large ice cubes.     Makers  was the best bourbon they had.   They did have Bulliet but I prefer Markers to that.   There was no Woodford.   Supply issue.  

Drink up 🍷🍸🍹🍺🥤🧉🍾🧋🥂🍻

• Haha 1

I saw Mixology 101 for a fee on Celebrity's website listed under drink package page I believe.  If you are inquiring about the Mixology 101 for Captain Club Elite and above it will be listed on your Captain Club information page in your cabin. The last time we cruised in May was the first time I saw this offered as part of a CC event.

• Thanks 1