Do cabin stewards still provide containers for sharps?

OnTheJourney

I came across older threads about this but thought I'd check for more current information. I'll need to know about disposing needles from diabetic and other medical self-administered procedures, etc. Thanks...

Edited by OnTheJourney

Kathynorth...Thanks. I completed the page of the form that applies to sharps and then scanned and sent it to them. 

BTW...how was your Antarctica cruise? Saw that you did it. We did that same cruise on Infinity back in '17. Pretty amazing. No zodiac / landings, etc. but we still really enjoyed it especially since we had never been anywhere in South America. Our sailing across the Drake, both times, was smooth as glass. Got super lucky. The day at Port Stanley was unbelievably warm - only had a sweatshirt on. 

Edited by OnTheJourney

9 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

dc....thanks!  I'll take a look at the form, but sounds like it's probably a simple matter to take care of once we board. 

I’ve never used a form for requesting distilled water and an extension cord for a CPAP, just an email with the request, my name, ship, sailing date, and reservation number.  Never had a problem.  I imagine it would be the same for a sharps container.

Oh well, perhaps unnecessary but I figured submitting the form can't hurt. I had no idea there was a special request form like that. It pretty much includes most any sort of special needs situation. 

Mark...weird how our total number of posts are nearly exactly the same - difference of two! 

Edited by OnTheJourney

On 3/3/2023 at 3:12 PM, OnTheJourney said:

Kathynorth...Thanks. I completed the page of the form that applies to sharps and then scanned and sent it to them. 

BTW...how was your Antarctica cruise? Saw that you did it. We did that same cruise on Infinity back in '17. Pretty amazing. No zodiac / landings, etc. but we still really enjoyed it especially since we had never been anywhere in South America. Our sailing across the Drake, both times, was smooth as glass. Got super lucky. The day at Port Stanley was unbelievably warm - only had a sweatshirt on. 

Our Antarctica cruise was wonderful. We spent 3 nights precruise in BA and had a great time. We fortunately had Drake Lake, calm seas except for one rainy night, and also made it into Port Stanley. We sadly only saw whales in the distance, but penguins seemed to be everywhere. We had lots of fun!

• Like 1