Pre-Purchase Water Bottle Pakage(s) Sold Out?

We've not cruised with Royal for a while, so I can't recall past experience, however we're booked on Harmony OTS in May.

I went on our cruise planner to check the latest "deals" on different items and a few other things. I then went to order bottled water for our cabin, and was surprised to see that the 12 or 24 bottle packages were sold out, is this a common occurrence? If it's sold out now, is that it, or could they offer more later?

1 hour ago, Rubyfisch said:

So I was checking the price of the Refreshment Package on Vision cruise in December this morning, and it showed the water as sold out. Now it's simply gone ....

I went back in to check on something, and now see the same....gone. On the app it shows up as sold out. Somethings wonky.

I reserved it and have my order #, but water isn't showing up if I go into available options for my cruise either.  Will post if anything about the order changes.  I did see it was a lot cheaper than the bottle package I purchased a few years ago - but I figure that was because the prior cruise was for Evian liter bottles and this one is likely no different than 12 of the bottles you can get from the bar...

• Like 1

My husband and I purchased the water package and now it is no longer a choice. Glad we did buy it. I am wondering if it has to do with the new C&A perks where they are giving water out to D, D+ and pinnacle members.

The beverage packages read from coffee to cocktails, and everything in between. There is no mention of water. 

• Like 1

I think there is an option to still get Evian, but it is with the whole "cooler bag" option $$.  Under Gifts not Beverages.   

But yea, water delivery is not listed for our next sailing either.

We have water packages purchased for our April cruise but just checked out of curiosity to see if it is still being offered. It is not. Strange, haven’t seen this before. My purchased water is still showing up in my purchase history section so hopefully it will be there once we get onboard.

Can't blame them really for raising the price, seemed awfully cheap to me before, for the convenience. Cruisers walking around with bottles of water are not spending as much at the bars. They are not a non-profit organization. 

47 minutes ago, dna1990 said:

I think there is an option to still get Evian, but it is with the whole "cooler bag" option $$.  Under Gifts not Beverages.   

But yea, water delivery is not listed for our next sailing either.

Oh good thought, I’ll check that too though not sure I need the cooler bag! I’m happy with the C&A now being only water, I will take all the water lol!

13 minutes ago, goldfish65 said:

Can't blame them really for raising the price, seemed awfully cheap to me before, for the convenience. Cruisers walking around with bottles of water are not spending as much at the bars. They are not a non-profit organization. 

Ha, nope, I buy the water and bought DBP, and I’m not a soda drinker, but for us it works out and I truly have to stay on top of drinking water so while I can do that during the day from bars, at the end of the night or first thing in the morning I love having some on hand in the room. I don’t do as well on just ship water from the taps but do supplement with that too.

33 minutes ago, goldfish65 said:

There are cruise lines that include bottled water.  Royal is just getting cheap.  The McDonalds of the Seas.

1 hour ago, Mickey Chick said:

They just uploaded excursions and such for a couple sailings we have next year. Prices for water bottle delivery in 2024 - get this: image.thumb.png.cfb9f265431641fa52f44bdf1d930d5e.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-04 at 11.05.02 AM.png

Thats crazy...I just ordered the 24 bottle package  couple weeks ago for $20 and change including gratuity. And like others said...I just looked and the water package is now gone and not showing up anymore for purchase in the planner.

9 minutes ago, bajathree said:

Thats crazy...I just ordered the 24 bottle package  couple weeks ago for $20 and change including gratuity. And like others said...I just looked and the water package is now gone and not showing up anymore for purchase in the planner.

We usually get the case for around $20 as well. The last few we got for ~$16 during a sale.

It almost seems like they don't want anyone to buy it.

6 hours ago, Mary Louise said:

My husband and I purchased the water package and now it is no longer a choice. Glad we did buy it. I am wondering if it has to do with the new C&A perks where they are giving water out to D, D+ and pinnacle members.

The beverage packages read from coffee to cocktails, and everything in between. There is no mention of water. 

Beverage packages, except the soda package, include bottled water.  Pick some up from any bar.

Edited by poocher

59 minutes ago, jacelyn said:

Side question, is ship water gross or something? $50 for 24 bottles of water seems kinda crazy. 

I totally don't understand it ... I only commented because I found the progression from available to sold out to gone mildly interesting.

The ship's water is completely fine to drink.

• Like 1

Ship water is fine to drink. I just like the convenience of grabbing a cold bottle/can from the cabin fridge/cooler to bring with me to the pool deck, ashore, etc. I don’t drink alcohol and water is my beverage of choice. I drink 6-8 bottles or cans every day.

• Like 1

Just now, voyager70 said:

Ship water is fine to drink. I just like the convenience of grabbing a cold bottle/can from the cabin fridge/cooler to bring with me to the pool deck, ashore, etc. I don’t drink alcohol and water is my beverage of choice. I drink 6-8 bottles or cans every day.

Same, I wasn't going to get a drink package because I mostly just like water. Just made me nervous to see the bottles being sold. Do you know if we can bring a canteen or bottle to refill?