New Thread: what CAN I switch out in Mini-bar

cr8tiv1

I can't keep everything straight in my head anymore.  Too many factors.  So lets start a list (I am a list person). Post 2/20/23

Not to be inclusive, but trying to keep the clutter from my brain.  Please leave out what happened before.  Real time please.

Forgive me:  who/whom https://www.wm.edu/as/wrc/newresources/handouts/who-vs-whom.pdf

Ship / who to call / What are you allowed to swap out? 

• Like 1

Just now, cr8tiv1 said:

I can't keep everything straight in my head anymore.  Too many factors.  So lets start a list (I am a list person). Post 2/20/23

Not to be inclusive, but trying to keep the clutter from my brain.  Please leave out what happened before.  Real time please.

Forgive me:  who/whom https://www.wm.edu/as/wrc/newresources/handouts/who-vs-whom.pdf

Ship / who to call / What are you allowed to swap out? 

On the Sky last week, I called room service. After getting turned down on coffee packages, I swapped the entire mini bar for sparkling water. Not my first choice (coffee) but it was a nice second choice.

You get some beer, some soft drinks, bottled water, and sparkling water.  In addition You usually get 2 each of four drinks (8 mini bottles)  {At least that is what I remember}. 

You can swap any of the mini bottles for any of the other mini bottles (They dont have rum, though). 

You can swap the mini bottles for beer. You can swap alcohol for soft drinks.  (so  you can swap beer and mini bottles for soft drinks/water/sparkling water. )

You can swap soft drinks that you like for those you dont (given that they have them.... dont ask for Dr. Pepper!) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sirclean said:

You get some beer, some soft drinks, bottled water, and sparkling water.  In addition You usually get 2 each of four drinks (8 mini bottles)  {At least that is what I remember}. 

You can swap any of the mini bottles for any of the other mini bottles (They dont have rum, though). 

You can swap the mini bottles for beer. You can swap alcohol for soft drinks.  (so  you can swap beer and mini bottles for soft drinks/water/sparkling water. )

You can swap soft drinks that you like for those you dont (given that they have them.... dont ask for Dr. Pepper!) 

Thank you for posting, but I am looking for empirical data.  I know what WAS available.  I am seeking out what IS currently happening on specific ships.

6 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Thank you for posting, but I am looking for empirical data.  I know what WAS available.  I am seeking out what IS currently happening on specific ships.

We cannot be that precise.  You can swap any of the 10 alcohol for other alcohol or beer, but the brands in stock may vary.  You can select different brands of beer, for example.  A couple of premium beers may not be allowed (like the large Grolsch bottles, but I did get some on my last cruise).

You can swap any of the 20 items for more water (500 ml) or soda cans or sparkling water.  A tip is that Perrier bottles have more liquid volume than Pellegrini bottles if don't have a preference.  Again, stock on hand may affect your available choices.

I have seen reported that you can still get a bottle of wine for the entire mini-bar content, but it is Canyon Road plonk.

• Like 1

@Steelers36 I understand what we could swap before (10 liquors/10 non-alcoholic/mix and match).  

It's the "new" rules that I would like clarification on:

1.  OBC for mini-bar

2.  Coffee card for mini-bar

3.  Do we have a choice on what sodas or randomly selected by room service?

4.  Can you only trade it all for water.

5.  $40 credit for a bottle of wine.

It seems as though there is a lot of confusion and inconsistency amongst the fleet (oh what a surprise!).  Too much to sort through.

These are the "facts" floating around.  I thought it would be helpful if passengers currently sailing if they would share which ship you can do what.  

I have 2 cruises booked WITHOUT a beverage package.  Just planning ahead on what I need to do to "prepare" for my cruises.  

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I thought it would be helpful if passengers currently sailing if they would share which ship you can do what.

By the time the typed words hit the screen, it could all be cleaned up and changed.

I think more of this situation is being made (molehill to mountain) than necessary, but I understand your concerns.  Only benefit lost is the New Grounds Coffee package swap.  Various ship answers are on other threads as well.  Hope you get what you are looking for.  When are you cruising?

47 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

By the time the typed words hit the screen, it could all be cleaned up and changed.

I think more of this situation is being made (molehill to mountain) than necessary, but I understand your concerns.  Only benefit lost is the New Grounds Coffee package swap.  Various ship answers are on other threads as well.  Hope you get what you are looking for.  When are you cruising?

In less than a month.  I won't miss the coffee card (this time).  It is port intensive so no time to imbibe.  I have lots of obc.  If not resolved, no problems for me.  

Thanks for your attentiveness.  I just wish Princess would be consistent across the board....AND have their policies match their actions.  Too much to ask for?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

It's the "new" rules that I would like clarification on:

1.  OBC for mini-bar -- no

2.  Coffee card for mini-bar -- not anymore

3.  Do we have a choice on what sodas or randomly selected by room service? -- What is put in the cabin is specific, but you can trade for any type soda in a can. For example, trade in Coke for diet Sprite.

4.  Can you only trade it all for water. -- You can trade any item in it for water

5.  $40 credit for a bottle of wine.

see red above

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

$40 credit for a bottle of wine.

Friend just off Regal Princess clarified this for me .... I can trade for a limited selection of white, rex, rose, or sparkling wine .... $40 limit was not specified but I imagine it's the lower priced bottles.

Will know in 38 days. JMHO it's cheaper to buy dz water bottles at $7.08 instead of trading for it. 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

In less than a month.  I won't miss the coffee card (this time).  It is port intensive so no time to imbibe.  I have lots of obc.  If not resolved, no problems for me.  

Thanks for your attentiveness.  I just wish Princess would be consistent across the board....AND have their policies match their actions.  Too much to ask for?  

Actually from what I have seen and people I have talked with on board, they are pretty consistent, the only issue is the implementation timing, and information coming from confused passengers themselves.

1. Coffee cards are gone and thus not available for swap.

2. The OBC was probably a one time only thing for their unique situation, most likely because they passengers involved swapped the minibar for coffee cards, only to be told afterwards that the coffee cards were not available.  I do not expect it to happen again in the future, except for some unique circumstances such as that.

3. The other options that were available before the coffee card was done away with are still available. Just as before their may be limitations to some requests due to stock on hand.