Zaandam Feb 3, 2024 21 day Caribbean cancelled

Duquesmom

Just received this email from my agent & HAL.   Really disappointed.

Zaandam X414

21-Day Ultimate Caribbean – Roundtrip Ft. Lauderdale

February 3, 2024

We greatly appreciate your clients choosing Holland America Line and we know they are looking forward to their cruise.

We are writing to let you know of a change we are making to our deployment that unfortunately impacts their cruise. The 21-Day Ultimate Caribbean sailing your clients are booked on is being cancelled. We sincerely apologize for this change as we never like to disappoint our guests. We regret any inconvenience this may cause and would like to assist in reserving an alternate sailing.

We invite your clients to make a booking on any Fall 2023 – Spring 2024 voyage of 21 days or less and be re-accommodated in the same (or equivalent) stateroom category at the per diem rate paid. In addition, a $100 per person Shipboard Credit (up to $200 per stateroom) will be applied to the new booking based on the stateroom category booked.

Cancellation Protection Plan cost and Taxes, Fees, and Port Expenses will be calculated based on the new booking.

Should your clients elect not to rebook, we will refund all funds paid to Holland America Line in full.

9 minutes ago, Duquesmom said:

Just received this email from my agent & HAL.   Really disappointed.

Zaandam X414

21-Day Ultimate Caribbean – Roundtrip Ft. Lauderdale

February 3, 2024

We greatly appreciate your clients choosing Holland America Line and we know they are looking forward to their cruise.

We are writing to let you know of a change we are making to our deployment that unfortunately impacts their cruise. The 21-Day Ultimate Caribbean sailing your clients are booked on is being cancelled. We sincerely apologize for this change as we never like to disappoint our guests. We regret any inconvenience this may cause and would like to assist in reserving an alternate sailing.

We invite your clients to make a booking on any Fall 2023 – Spring 2024 voyage of 21 days or less and be re-accommodated in the same (or equivalent) stateroom category at the per diem rate paid. In addition, a $100 per person Shipboard Credit (up to $200 per stateroom) will be applied to the new booking based on the stateroom category booked.

Cancellation Protection Plan cost and Taxes, Fees, and Port Expenses will be calculated based on the new booking.

Should your clients elect not to rebook, we will refund all funds paid to Holland America Line in full.

If my cruise got yanked out from under me like that, I would take my money and walk away.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, AtleeH said:

If my cruise got yanked out from under me like that, I would take my money and walk away.

I'm so pissed at HAL right now, I'm looking at other options for next winter. I'm trying to check out the smaller ships on other lines, and so far nothing good. Princess had the same boring itineraries as HAL but on bigger ships. I started searching whatsinport by starting with islands I'm interested in. I found a few that go to Guadaloupe, but they would mean flying to one of the islands, which I don't want to do. 

22 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I'm so pissed at HAL right now, I'm looking at other options for next winter. I'm trying to check out the smaller ships on other lines, and so far nothing good. Princess had the same boring itineraries as HAL but on bigger ships. I started searching whatsinport by starting with islands I'm interested in. I found a few that go to Guadaloupe, but they would mean flying to one of the islands, which I don't want to do. 

Death in Paradise fan?

2 minutes ago, ldtr said:

Death in Paradise fan?

Oh, yes. DH and I did a Caribbean cruise on K'dam when the ship was new. I chose the cruise because Guadeloupe was on the itinerary. I found a company that did a Death in Paradise tour. So I have been to Honore! I embarrassed myself when the guide stopped at an outlook point with beautiful views of the sea. I looked to my left and saw a hotel and said, "Oh! That's the hotel where the bride went off the balcony!" And the guide said, "You really do know that show, don't you?"

I did a search for Guadeloupe because it was the first island I could think of that isn't on most cruises. And even without counting Death in Paradise, it's beautiful. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Oh, yes. DH and I did a Caribbean cruise on K'dam when the ship was new. I chose the cruise because Guadeloupe was on the itinerary. I found a company that did a Death in Paradise tour. So I have been to Honore! I embarrassed myself when the guide stopped at an outlook point with beautiful views of the sea. I looked to my left and saw a hotel and said, "Oh! That's the hotel where the bride went off the balcony!" And the guide said, "You really do know that show, don't you?"

I did a search for Guadeloupe because it was the first island I could think of that isn't on most cruises. And even without counting Death in Paradise, it's beautiful. 

Princess had a couple of cruises go there this year, but not in 2024. Maybe we will just end up flying there for a few days.

On 3/7/2023 at 10:45 PM, KAKcruiser said:

I wonder what the Zaandam will do between February 3 and February 17.

The cruise has been replaced by a new Amazon "Legendary Cruise."

But not for me!

I feel bad for those whose cruises were cancelled, but mine isn't. HAL has not contacted me directly. HAL has not contacted my TA. I just logged in to the website, and it says my cruise is 331 days away. There are reminders about dining reservations and shore excursions. 

Maybe HAL is going to charter a yacht just for me???????

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, KAKcruiser said:

But I thought the Amazon Legendary Cruise didn't start until February 17.  That's why I asked what it would be doing between February 3 and February 17.

I don't know what's going on. The only cruises that appear for Zaandam are two trans canal. The first is westbound, and the second arrives at FLL on Feb 3. The Feb 3 cruise doesn't appear. The Amazon doesn't appear (although there is a version planned for 2025). 

It's a mess. Hard to believe they've been in business for 150 years...

That's 2025. The 2024 cruise doesn't exist. There's a HAL page all about the legendary cruises. Every one has a link (underlined blue text) except the 2024 Amazon. If I just go to the "Legendary cruise" link, there are 16 shown, and 2024 isn't among them. 

12 minutes ago, knittinggirl said:

I had something similar happen when they sold the Prinsendam.    I had a 24-day booked and they changed it to a 35-day Voyage of the Vikings, and upgraded my Vista to a Signature for the same per diem price.

This time around they're only honoring the per diem for cruises of the same length or shorter.

On 3/7/2023 at 9:17 PM, ldtr said:

Princess had a couple of cruises go there this year, but not in 2024. Maybe we will just end up flying there for a few days.

There are two Princess cruises in 2024 that will visit Guadeloupe:

Emerald Princess - 2/21/24

Ruby Princess - 3/9/24

18 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I just tried calling HAL. If you say you want to book a cruise, they put you through to an agent asap. Two different agents, same answer "We have no sailings for Zaandam in February 2024." 

Clueless.

Don't think they updated their reservation system yet...

5 minutes ago, Love2cruise77 said:

Ruby Princess - 3/9/24

Thank you! The Feb departure looks good. It includes several of the less-visited islands that were on the HAL cruise. 

2 hours ago, Love2cruise77 said:

Ruby Princess - 3/9/24

Thanks, I missed those I had looked at similar dates as the ones in 2023. Will probably book the Feb cruise.