Princess does away with the independent New Grounds Coffee package.

robertdeese

10 minutes ago, JerseyExplora said:

Weren’t there threads recently about a new coffee package that was around a 20% discount? No actual numbers were released, but it did sound like their would be a new coffee only beverage package.

Don't hold your breath.

7 minutes ago, JerseyExplora said:

Weren’t there threads recently about a new coffee package that was around a 20% discount? No actual numbers were released, but it did sound like their would be a new coffee only beverage package.

Maybe one is in the works but I doubt it. Such a plan would work out only for people who exclusively drink coffee. Can’t imagine that is a big demographic. If one drinks coffee plus non- alcoholic drinks, there is now a package for that. If one drinks coffee and alcoholic beverages, there are multiple packages for that. The only thing that would truly make sense would be a punch card type of system just for coffee and they had that but retired it. 

5 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

It certainly makes no financial sense for a two-cups-a-day drinker. Especially one who just drinks regular coffee and not the more elaborate concoctions. 

I like my coffee but not at the price they're asking. I'll stick with the regular stuff & they can keep there special package. 

• Like 1

I suspect this will be a net negative for Princess.  That's why I'm wondering why they a killing the program.  Reg. coffee isn't costly and the markup on the specialty ones is pretty good.  So for me, it's that much less they'll be pulling our of my pocket.  I do hope they offer some coffee package before we cruise again next year.  One can hope.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, wrongwaywatson said:

I drink regular coffee (no specialty ones) and Diet Coke.  There is no way that I would spend $35 per day buying them individually.  How much is a cup of coffee in the IC now?  Just coffee, nothing specialty?  

I think a reg. coffee is $1.50 or so.  I'm like you in that regard.  I like getting decaf in the evenings as DC has that caffeine.  Not sure what to expect next time we cruise in Feb. but I hope it's different than what's going on now.

On 3/11/2023 at 3:43 PM, wrongwaywatson said:

I drink regular coffee (no specialty ones) and Diet Coke.  There is no way that I would spend $35 per day buying them individually.  How much is a cup of coffee in the IC now?  Just coffee, nothing specialty?  

47119557-58A4-4C04-B906-BDCAFDD174FA.jpeg.d30378c5cae8d1437cff07d9467d0296.jpeg

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, wrongwaywatson said:

Thank you!   I guess I will be buying a lot of $1.75 coffee!

I think the prices at the international café are very reasonable for coffee drinks compared to land based coffee shops . Of course there is the “free coffee “ in the dining room and or buffet. Sometimes I don’t want to go to ic first and then to d.r.,too many stops,so .... but .D.R. Does have specialty coffees on the menu.

• Like 2

We are not big alcohol drinkers, but do like our coffee. On a recent Celebrity cruise we were offered the zero proof at a discount, which we took. Even at the discounted price we did not find much value in the package and it was one of the few things that was cheaper than Princess. I cannot imagine we will be purchasing a drink package. The soda package doesn’t include coffees, and we don’t drink much soda… so I guess we’ll just pay as we go or cut out coffee for the week (or three). 

I know this question is regarding the small percent on board but, would appreciate confirmation.

If in a full suite and have access to a specialty restaurant for breakfast, can you just get a couple cappuccino’s there to start your morning (not actually having breakfast yet at that time but returning later for that)?

13 minutes ago, AZjohn said:

I know this question is regarding the small percent on board but, would appreciate confirmation.

If in a full suite and have access to a specialty restaurant for breakfast, can you just get a couple cappuccino’s there to start your morning (not actually having breakfast yet at that time but returning later for that)?

In the past, both with the paper coffee card and the digital version, we were never “punched” for the espresso based coffees we enjoyed in Sabatini’s for breakfast. 

Now? Who knows…

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, AZjohn said:

I believe the full suite breakfast in Sabatini’s or the Crown Grill still offers free mimosas and specialty coffees.  

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, AZjohn said:

Yes you can; also, if on a Royal class ship, you can enjoy those in the Concierge lounge 🥰🥂

2 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Yes you can; also, if on a Royal class ship, you can enjoy those in the Concierge lounge 🥰🥂

Thank you for your reply ( i will also say good answer....lol).

Next up is on Crown so no concierge lounge for us).

I am an early riser and wife likes to sleep in. So, it will be nice to go to the restaurant in my boxers and robe and have a few cappuccinos while letting my wife sleep in.

ps; only joking about what I would wear to the restaurant 🙂  But, I have seen many in robes in the lounge. 🤣

1 minute ago, AZjohn said:

Thank you for your reply ( i will also say good answer....lol).

Next up is on Crown so no concierge lounge for us).

I am an early riser and wife likes to sleep in. So, it will be nice to go to the restaurant in my boxers and robe and have a few cappuccinos while letting my wife sleep in.

ps; only joking about what I would wear to the restaurant 🙂  But, I have seen many in robes in the lounge. 🤣

ON our last cruise (Majestic), the Concierge host told us to "view the Concierge Lounge as an extension of your living room". This one older gentleman took that to heart. I went in to grab espressos one morning (I can neither confirm nor deny the presence of Bailey's in afore-mentioned espressos) and this gentleman came in with his robe and slippers...daily. So yes, it WAS an extension of the living room 😂

• Haha 1

On 3/8/2023 at 8:53 AM, robertdeese said:

Sad but true but if you didn’t purchase your New Grounds Coffee Package (roughly $35.00 us for 15 any type of coffees) before FEBRUARY 19, 2023, you are out of luck and must purchase individual specialty coffees on board or buy the non alcohol package for around $35.00 per day per person. Not happy about that. No heads up that we could find.

Just got off of Ruby for b2b cruises and I had purchased both of my coffee packages well before 2/20/23, however neither was honored when we boarded on 2/26/23 in Galveston.  The first week, they refunded the price I had paid online and gave me an additional $50 OBC because of being blindsided by the new policy but the second week the  cost was simply refunded and I just purchased individual coffees every morning.  It was disappointing.

24 minutes ago, AZjohn said:

Perhaps those in a robe were getting some coffee on their way to a pool?

Edited by brisalta

25 minutes ago, brisalta said:

Perhaps those in a robe were getting some coffee on their way to a pool?

The one that I saw had his pajamas on, so unless his swimsuit was in there too...?🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1