Pool

MELSMOM47

10 minutes ago, JM0115 said:

Typically shut while ship is moving because of the wind. One complaint- can be over air conditioned at times. But usable almost all of the time!

Thank you. Thinking it might be a nice place to relax and read.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MELSMOM47 said:

Thank you. Thinking it might be a nice place to relax and read.

Oh  yes, also lovely lanai areas along  side the pool area , with floor to ceiling windows. these fill up quickly on sea days . There are a multitude of places on a Viking ship to relax and read and watch the ocean /sky. while reading...Be sure to explore  all common space if this is your first cruise once you are on board. Enjoy 😍

• Like 3

And sometimes hardly anyone in the pool. That was my experience twice on my recent cruise last month. Had the whole thing to myself. A few people sitting around finishing a leisurely lunch. It made for a quiet and most enjoyable swim. There’s also a hot tub right there. 

23 hours ago, MELSMOM47 said:

Oh. And is it heated?

And for some of us overheated!  This is especially the case on a sunny day even if it’s chilly outside, it gets too hot and humid for me.  It’s nice when they open the roof just a little to let in fresh air (or maybe the humid air out🤔)

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

And for some of us overheated!  This is especially the case on a sunny day even if it’s chilly outside, it gets too hot and humid for me.  It’s nice when they open the roof just a little to let in fresh air (or maybe the humid air out🤔)

Add pool water temperature to the long list of things that are subjective.  Living in Florida, we don't consider getting in the water unless it's at least 85 degrees F (about 30 C)!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We live in the Caribbean and find the entire pool area much too hot unless the roof is open.  Even on cold weather cruises we find the area is too hot especially if it is sunny outside.  We avoid eating at the pool grill because of this.  On our last cruise (Caribbean & Amazon) the out facing loungers were warm but a comfortable temperature in the early morning hours with the roof closed.  We managed to snag a couple for 2-3 hours and actually sat in them.  Most of the other out facing chairs were "saved" for the first 2 hours while we were there with no one sitting on them.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TayanaLorna said:

We live in the Caribbean and find the entire pool area much too hot unless the roof is open.  Even on cold weather cruises we find the area is too hot especially if it is sunny outside.  We avoid eating at the pool grill because of this.  On our last cruise (Caribbean & Amazon) the out facing loungers were warm but a comfortable temperature in the early morning hours with the roof closed.  We managed to snag a couple for 2-3 hours and actually sat in them.  Most of the other out facing chairs were "saved" for the first 2 hours while we were there with no one sitting on them.    

Ugh. So if you actually want to sit there you need to go early?

52 minutes ago, MELSMOM47 said:

Ugh. So if you actually want to sit there you need to go early?

If you want to sit around and use the pool there were always loungers available.  It's the loungers that face the water with the floor to ceiling windows that are popular especially on sea days.  Personally I do not tolerate chair hogs.  If I see a chair being "reserved" for longer then 15-20 minutes, I will move their stuff to a counter and take the chair.  Fifteen to twenty minutes is more then enough time to use the restroom or get a drink.  Moving someone's stuff may be rude but chair hogging for long periods of time is extremely inconsiderate.  I have heard of it on the big cruise ships but it is a new behavior on Viking.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TayanaLorna said:

If you want to sit around and use the pool there were always loungers available.  It's the loungers that face the water with the floor to ceiling windows that are popular especially on sea days.  Personally I do not tolerate chair hogs.  If I see a chair being "reserved" for longer then 15-20 minutes, I will move their stuff to a counter and take the chair.  Fifteen to twenty minutes is more then enough time to use the restroom or get a drink.  Moving someone's stuff may be rude but chair hogging for long periods of time is extremely inconsiderate.  I have heard of it on the big cruise ships but it is a new behavior on Viking.

Agreed. It’s a huge problem on the big ships especially with groups hogging multiple chairs and even when they are there only one or two are used. When our daughter was young she’d sit on my chair since she was mostly in the pool.

These days DH can’t handle the sun so a lounger on the side will be perfect. 

• 3 months later...