Almost Live from Riviera

ORV

2 hours ago, cruisingxpert said:

I'm on the May 20th Vista.  I booked Privee by calling my travel agent to contact them for a date.  Previously I have been able to book Privee online.

This is what I did for our June Vista cruise. My TA booked it for me even though nothing shows on the website site.

44 minutes ago, ORV said:

One new thing I see is that the boutique is now selling pre loved high end purses, LV, etc.  They looked brand new. 

Also selling pre owned Channel bags at very high prices 

8 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Not Orv 

but I believe you can book once they show up for your cruise  you pay at the time of booking

Check in "MY ACCOUNT" on O website  & see if they are showing for your cruise

We were able to book La Reserve ahead of the cruise.  I think we were able to book before we made our final payment, if I recall.  This was on Riviera in June 2022.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, LHT28 said:

How do you get this credit ?

Do you use your ship card  to play?

Interesting deal 😄

You hold your card up to the WiFi symbol on the slot machine, it pulls up your account and you select the money symbol. From there you follow the prompts. They actually have some new current slots in now. 

Today we are at Great Stirrup Cay, which was a substitute port for missing Bermuda. Captain came on PA a little bit ago and announced that the shore tender manager says it’s too dangerous to tender. So we won’t be doing this today. Captain is awaiting instructions from the home office to decide what happens next. I’m sure Oceania is not making any new first time converts. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ORV said:

You hold your card up to the WiFi symbol on the slot machine, it pulls up your account and you select the money symbol. From there you follow the prompts. They actually have some new current slots in now. 

Captain is awaiting instructions from the home office to decide what happens next. I’m sure Oceania is not making any new first time converts. 

Thanks Orv  that sound interesting ..Did you find a lucky machine??😄

Well you guys are not having much luck with the ports 

Seems like  Oceania is going to lose a lot of customers  if this keeps up

Enjoy the rest of the cruise

• Like 1

On 3/14/2023 at 9:44 AM, ORV said:

I probably won’t post any more pictures until we get back to a port with cell phone service. We have two sea days then Great stirrup cay.

Sorry to read about all of the missed ports. Is not posting any more photos by choice or is the internet service just too slow to upload them in a reasonable time?

• Like 1

Not certain if it applies to your port, but we are in the BVIs and the northern swells are bad this year.  We sometimes have 1-2 days when it is too rough to get in the warmer, but it has been almost every week this trip.  This is the beach next to The Baths.  It got worse.  Tomorrow and the next day are supposed to have 7’+ swells.   
https://www.windfinder.com/forecast/virgin_gorda_yacht_harbour_british_virgin_islands_british_virgin_islands/birdseye

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jgd3rdbcfd said:

We were just told that we are going to Jacksonville for 2 days before going to Charleston. Paxs not happy as post is located away from downtown and little choice for transportation

Are they no longer offering the free shuttle??

Too bad about missing  Bermuda  but as always if you really want to see a specific port fly/drive there

JMO

7 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Are they no longer offering the free shuttle??

Too bad about missing  Bermuda  but as always if you really want to see a specific port fly/drive there

JMO

Don't know anything about free shuttles anywhere

• Like 1

3 hours ago, susiesan said:

So which ports have you missed? Have they all been related to weather?What was the total amount of ports on the original itinerary?

We’ll we’ve made Nassau so far, everything else has been a sea day. Fortunately I like transatlantics and sea days, so I’m ok. I’m just here for the food and drinks. 

To Ken, yes it’s so slow with the internet, pictures are difficult. Much easier on the phone with 5G. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, jgd3rdbcfd said:

Don't know anything about free shuttles anywhere

We were told that there would be a free shuttle to St Augustine. Don’t know details. 

• Like 1

FWIW, I live in Jacksonville(actually Neptune Beach)

Most likely, you will dock at the cruise port on the northside.

That is where the Carnival ship docks.

Yes, it is in the middle of nowhere so do not plan on walking.

My suggestion for the day is to visit the Jacksonville zoo and gardens.

It really is a good Zoo and the spring flowers are up about now.

Open from 9 to 5.

It is also on the north side, not too far from the port.

You can probably get an uber to take you there.

If you are a golfer, and have a hefty budget, try to play at the Player's club.

The Player's championship just ended and the course is pristine.

Plan on being on deck when you arrive or leave.

There is a longish river run from the sea to the port with lots to see on each side.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jgd3rdbcfd said:

We were just told that we are going to Jacksonville for 2 days before going to Charleston. Paxs not happy as post is located away from downtown and little choice for transportation

What 2 days are you going to be docked in Jacksonville?  We live in the area and would love to see the ship.  What day & time do you arrive & depart?

We're in Ponte Vedra Beach - home of The Players.

Ditto what Qruzon said - Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens is close by the cruise port.  See my link #85

• Like 1

On 3/13/2023 at 9:20 AM, ORV said:

Another change in the room lighting is the bathroom nightlight. It is a blue light that comes out from underneath the vanity. I don’t see a way to turn it off, but I don’t want to.

Here’s a couple of pictures of the chairs in the GDR. I like how the color blends well with the filigree on the glass. That and the carpet seems to the only change there. Also as you can see there is no shortage today of jam. I’m also happy to report that the corned beef hash has not bee replaced with brisket. 

64E9EBE9-8953-4F6B-8B66-C8ECCC413F34.jpeg

5A437936-5DE6-4217-8C2F-B21AFD76C6C4.jpeg

7F83758B-E1DF-4082-83CB-421BDDE40582.jpeg

If you try to find strawberry jam in the Terrace Cafe or Waves….it has been OUT since Day -3?  We were happy to find it still is available in the dining room.  Now if they could just manage to make a proper eggs Benedict ANYWHERE on the ship!

As I have tried all venues.  Since when do you not toast 5e English muffins OR check the hollandaise for salt, etc?  Seems like even the things that used to be taken for granted are slipping.  Now I fear I sound like those that I hear in the Dinin Room, etc….complaining About everything….which I do not intend to do.  It just makes me a. It sad to find a lot of “little” things go downhill….which I fear will lead to a cntnued downward trend.  Fingers crossed that this is not the case.

4 minutes ago, chloemonkey said:

Now I fear I sound like those that I hear in the Dinin Room, etc….complaining About everything….which I do not intend to do.  It just makes me a. It sad to find a lot of “little” things go downhill….which I fear will lead to a cntnued downward trend.  Fingers crossed that this is not the case.

If it does  then people will start cancelling & not sailing with Oceania

too bad  they  cannot seem to pull things together

1 hour ago, Tyskie said:

What 2 days are you going to be docked in Jacksonville?  We live in the area and would love to see the ship.  What day & time do you arrive & depart?

We're in Ponte Vedra Beach - home of The Players.

Ditto what Qruzon said - Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens is close by the cruise port.  See my link #85

We will be docked, hopefully, tomorrow, March 17.  We will overnight tomorrow night and depart tomorrow afternoon, March 18 around 5 p.m.

I just talked to the Destination Desk and they said there will be a free shuttle tomorrow for downtown Jacksonville, but no free shuttle to St. Augustine, only Oceania tours on Saturday, March 18.

• Thanks 1

There are a couple of museums in the downtown Jacksonville area and the symphony has a concert tonight but yeah, bummer about only tour to St Augustine Saturday.  The zoo and gardens are nice but go today since so far Saturday will be cool and maybe wet.  I feel sorry for both first timers and O lovers.  We had a disappointing short cruise in Europe on Riviera last fall in terms of ports.  The good part was that all the restaurants and special dinners were good.  Weather here is unseasonably cool this year and seas rough.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tea Snob said:

We will be docked, hopefully, tomorrow, March 17.  We will overnight tomorrow night and depart tomorrow afternoon, March 18 around 5 p.m.

I just talked to the Destination Desk and they said there will be a free shuttle tomorrow for downtown Jacksonville, but no free shuttle to St. Augustine, only Oceania tours on Saturday, March 18.

Yes, all talk of shuttle to St Augustine has disappeared. The asst CD might have jumped the gun or been mistaken about that announcement. I hear a lot of grumbling.

My eggs Benedict were great the day I had them in the GDR, but maybe I don’t know any better. Actually all of my food has been excellent. 

Edited by ORV
  • Like 4