Blue Mountains and Hunter Valley Wine Tours

We are looking for suggestions and advice for guided tours to The Blue Mountains and The Hunter Valley wine region.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be great. We are hoping for some suggestions for specific tour companies and guides.

We are looking for guided full day tours. January, 2024

Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, gigguy said:

We are looking for suggestions and advice for guided tours to The Blue Mountains and The Hunter Valley wine region.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be great. We are hoping for some suggestions for specific tour companies and guides.

We are looking for guided full day tours. January, 2024

Thanks in advance!

Check out Viator, they are good and usually engage reputable tour operators. I have used them many times, world wide.

• Like 1

You have to decide if you want a totally private tour, small group (max 15 people) or large coach tour.

All options are available for both destinations. Both are LONG days, so perhaps don't do them back to back.

Are we allowed to name specific operators?

1 hour ago, buchhalm said:

You have to decide if you want a totally private tour, small group (max 15 people) or large coach tour.

All options are available for both destinations. Both are LONG days, so perhaps don't do them back to back.

Are we allowed to name specific operators?

Yes & yes. On a good day to the Hunter is 90 mins either way.

We can personally recommend tour operators, but tour operators can't come and push their own barrow.

Personally I would not choose Viator as I prefer booking directly with the operator and cutting out the middle man.

On our cruise we and quite a few others used Andersons pre cruise and were extremely pleased with the results. It is a long day but we saw so much and taking the ferry up the river to Sydney at the end was “icing on the cake”

https://andersonstours.com.au/
Happy planning 

Rosalyn

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/12/2023 at 4:58 AM, cruiseaholic78 said:

Personally I would not choose Viator as I prefer booking directly with the operator and cutting out the middle man.

On our cruise we and quite a few others used Andersons pre cruise and were extremely pleased with the results. It is a long day but we saw so much and taking the ferry up the river to Sydney at the end was “icing on the cake”

https://andersonstours.com.au/
Happy planning 

Rosalyn

We booked the Anderson tour with the ferry to Sydney. Thanks for the advise!

We live at Penrith, just near the foothills of the Blue Mountains.

The tour we would suggest is with:

www.bluemountainstours.com.au

It is owned by Graham Chapman, known far & wide as Chapo, who's somewhat of a local legend in the Penrith/Blue Mountains area. I am positive he will arrange a tour you will long remember.

Following a 28 day round Australia cruise in April, we (me, DH, my sister and brother-in-law) decided to spend an extra day in the Sydney area instead of rushing to the airport to get a morning flight back to the states.  We booked a private Blue Mountains tour with Mike Bryant at Go Beyond Tours https://www.gobeyondtours.com.au/our-tours/blue-mountains-tours/ that was considerably less than doing the Princess disembarkation excursions.  We added the optional Scenic World and the Featherdale Wildlife Park.  Mike picked us up at the OPT at 8:30 am and dropped us off the Rydges Hotel at the airport at 5:30 pm.  He was game to keep on touring but we were exhausted after the long day and the previous 6 weeks of touring!  It was a lovely day and Mike is an interesting and informative tour guide.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, gigguy said:

We booked the Anderson tour with the ferry to Sydney. Thanks for the advise!

I agree the ferry back to Sydney is the perfect relaxing end to a long day.  I travel independently in the Blue Mountains but always end with the ferry back to Sydney.