New movies on the Crown Princess

Jemnibabe

Just wondering if there are any new movies playing on the Crown at this time or are they all relatively old?  Will be on the Crown Friday and hubby is a movie buff.  Thanks for any movies that you can list for us.

Judy from SW Florida

5 minutes ago, Jemnibabe said:

Just wondering if there are any new movies playing on the Crown at this time or are they all relatively old?  Will be on the Crown Friday and hubby is a movie buff.  Thanks for any movies that you can list for us.

Judy from SW Florida

The newest is the latest Top Gun. All the others are two or three years old.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The newest is the latest Top Gun. All the others are two or three years old.

Not true.

We cruised last month and the following movies RELEASED in 2022, (last year, so NOT "two or three years old") were shown:

Top Gun: Maverick

Jurassic World Dominion

Lightyear

Elvis

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

Thor: Love and Thunder

Dog

Uncharted

Edited by startedwithamouse

49 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Not true.

We cruised last month and the following movies RELEASED in 2022, (last year, so NOT "two or three years old") were shown:

Top Gun: Maverick

Jurassic World Dominion

Lightyear

Elvis

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

Thor: Love and Thunder

Dog

Uncharted

I stand corrected. 

Sorry to hijack your post to ask a question but as a fellow movie buff I had a plan but was unsure if it'd work. I have a USB with some movies on it that I'd planned to bring so we could watch a movie at night to wind down from the day. Does anyone know if the TVs in room have a way for me to play directly from the tv via USB? If not how about a laptop hookup through hdmi? Hoping maybe a fellow movie buff would know! Last cruise we were scraping the bottom of the barrel near the end of the cruise. 

Welcome to Cruise Critic!  I doubt that you will be able to do anything with USB (maybe?) but an HDMI connection is pretty much the standard now for the TVs *mostly* in use by Princess.  Now...you may find it difficult/impossible to physically get to any ports...and then again getting the TV to switch inputs can be challenging.  The remotes that are used are NOT the ones that come with the TV.

Darn! I was really hoping to not have to lug my laptop onto the cruise just to watch some movies. I suppose I'll just have to make do with more B reel movies or suffer the loss of bag space. I appreciate the info and the welcome! Wish I'd joined sooner I have so many questions so I'm trying to read through older posts to not make a new one but it seems alot of people's questions are incredibly specific!

13 hours ago, davefire55 said:

Sorry to hijack your post to ask a question but as a fellow movie buff I had a plan but was unsure if it'd work. I have a USB with some movies on it that I'd planned to bring so we could watch a movie at night to wind down from the day. Does anyone know if the TVs in room have a way for me to play directly from the tv via USB? If not how about a laptop hookup through hdmi? Hoping maybe a fellow movie buff would know! Last cruise we were scraping the bottom of the barrel near the end of the cruise. 

If the Crown has changed they're TV's similar to the Enchanted then the HDMI input will be disconnected completely, for any input. I can't say for sure.

The good news is that they still had the USB input activated & could accept certain types of formats, even directly from a flash drive or hard drive. I had one HD that was the correct type & another that wasn't. 

i.e.- NTFS, FAT32, or exFAT.

On the Enchanted only NTFS was working. 

The input can be switched using the manual toggle switch at the bottom center of all their TV's by first tuning to a news channel & then switching the input.

Forget using their remote until it's switched.

The movies are mostly old if you're a movie buff and keep up with the current ones at home.  

Good luck.

Edited by MissP22
Clarification
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Exciting news for movie buffs like your hubby! I remember this one time when I was planning a date night with my partner, and we wanted to catch a flick on the big screen. We checked out the listings for movies in theaters rn, and to our delight, there were some awesome new releases. We ended up seeing this gripping thriller that had us on the edge of our seats the whole time. There's just something special about the experience of watching a movie in a theater, isn't there?

I'd bring a hard drive or even a thumb drive with my movies on it, eliminating the need for a laptop altogether.