What is the best Travel Insurance for an 87 and 84 year old

7 minutes ago, Gwendy said:

Some credit card insurance has age limits and restrictions on pre existing conditions.  As you say read PDS very carefully.

Some? I’d say ALL have restrictions regarding pre existing conditions.

Some have a list of reasonably simple pre existing conditions they will cover but I believe many won’t even entertain other pre existing conditions - no ifs buts or maybes

Are you aware of any that don’t have restrictions on pre existing conditions? 

17 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Some? I’d say ALL have restrictions regarding pre existing conditions.

Some have a list of reasonably simple pre existing conditions they will cover but I believe many won’t even entertain other pre existing conditions - no ifs buts or maybes

Are you aware of any that don’t have restrictions on pre existing conditions? 

Nope, my credit card provider will not cover anyone over 80, anyone with pre existing conditions, ie high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes, no cruise cover.  All of these MAY be covered for an extra cost, but sounds very iffy.  Basically I wouldn’t be covered.  Not insurance to rely on.

On another track, one man on the world cruise told me his insurance was cheap because he didn’t tell the insurance company about his medical conditions. Lol

On 3/14/2023 at 9:19 PM, Stickman1990 said:

Try Insure and Go - https://www.insureandgo.com.au/ - one of the questions they ask is age related and they cover p to 100 year olds (we should be so lucky) - they also cover many pre-existing conditions (the only one I've found that will even consider covering mine)

Insure and Go don’t cover for cruises if you are over 70.

17 hours ago, Gwendy said:

Nope, my credit card provider will not cover anyone over 80, anyone with pre existing conditions, ie high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes, no cruise cover.  All of these MAY be covered for an extra cost, but sounds very iffy.  Basically I wouldn’t be covered.  Not insurance to rely on.

On another track, one man on the world cruise told me his insurance was cheap because he didn’t tell the insurance company about his medical conditions. Lol

The age limit for travel insurance (whether credit card insurance or the sort you pay for) varies. With ANZ Platinum Visa insurance (through Allianz), the cut-off is for trips booked before the person's 81st birthday.

1 hour ago, cruisine21 said:

Insure and Go don’t cover for cruises if you are over 70.

Actually their Cruise Travel Insurance policy PDS says “Age limits - The maximum age limit for all policies is 79 year of age at the date of application”

On 3/14/2023 at 10:01 PM, cruise_critical said:

Not sure how it would be for you, but for me (under 50) this was really cheap and seemed to be enough for my needs. It's a CoverMore insurance, and looks to be equivalent to their International Comprehensive plan, but for cheaper.

https://auspost.com.au/travel-essentials/cruise-travel-insurance

Just read the pds and couldn’t see repatriation listed anywhere

Cheers Carole