Is celebrity one entree at a time as well>

mcatmcat

I was wondering if I can ask for two appetizers and get them at the same time, the same for the main course.

My question is because it looks like you can no longer do that in royal so I was wondering if x is following 2.  

I frequently order two appetizer (e.g. soup and salad, or two different soups).  Generally they will be served one then the other, but I've had them both brought at the same time.  In any event it's never been a problem,  My most recent cruise was the first week of February. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mcatmcat said:

I was wondering if I can ask for two appetizers and get them at the same time, the same for the main course.

My question is because it looks like you can no longer do that in royal so I was wondering if x is following 2.  

You can order 2 appetizers and they are typically served one after the other.  I see no problem having them delivered at the same time.  As for having 2 entrees, there will be an additional fee for a second entree in a Specialty Restaurant and a fee in the MDR for an specific additional entree such as a second lobster. 

6 hours ago, mcatmcat said:

Always order 2 appetisers but they come one at a time. If all came at once the table could be mighty crowded - imagine a table of six with 12 entrees. Even with 1 main each there is hardly room for the extra dish of vegetables I always order.

2 hours ago, keesar said:

You can order 2 appetizers and they are typically served one after the other.  I see no problem having them delivered at the same time.  As for having 2 entrees, there will be an additional fee for a second entree in a Specialty Restaurant and a fee in the MDR for an specific additional entree such as a second lobster. 

My understanding is the speciality restaurants vary, but can also be unlimited. Ie Tuscan you pay the "entry fee" but then you food is unlimited if you desire multiple entrees.  SO5 is a la carte.  The animated one is a set single menu, I believe. 

We’ve never run into an issue ordering 2 appetizers each.  In the MDR, DH and I will usually have one entree each, and if there’s another we really want to try, we’ll order a third to split.  Never had an issue with this, and they always set the third between us.  I have not ordered the extra lobster tail as a third entree.

I frequently ask the opinion of our waiter if I’m unsure of a dish because they see what often goes back and/or is uneaten.  Their advice is usually spot on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keesar said:

The fee for a second entrée in the MDR on Celebrity is only for the lobster.  I don't think there is a fee for anything else but maybe somebody can confirm?

Recently dined in Tuscan and Murano.  There was no fee for additional entrees and appetizers were unlimited too.  Same for Luminae.  We typically get our separate entrée and also occasionally order another to share between us on the side.  All delivered at the same time.

• Like 2

We just ended a cruise on Millenium on March 11.

During that cruise, one or more persons at our table ordered either two appetizers or two entries. It seems to me, that the second appetizer, for example, could be served "as requested" either one after the other or both at the same time! And on lobster night, giving the relatively small size of the lobster tail, I personally ordered a mushroom risotto ( second entree) to be served at the same time of the lobster.

None of us had any problems with our additional or special requests. No additional costs for any of us.

Celebrity Millenium provided an excellent, professional, courteous service in the MDR. We were all extremely pleased! Bravo Celebrity! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was on the Constellation in January and ordered 2 entrees a number of times, usually with server's guidance. Never a problem...

Yes...before the solitary lobster change but that's why there's surf and turf😜

BTW...enjoyed it so much...I'll be back on the Connie in a month for the repositioning cruise to Barcelona...15 days plus Europe time

• Like 1

We were on the Equinox a couple of weeks ago. On other cruises and this one, usually they bring one starter after the other if you order more than one.

On lobster night, I tried to order surf and turf and the waiter refused to combine the entrees. He told me they had to come on different plates at different times. So my lobster came first along with my husband's, then they cleared my plate and brought the steak (including sides) and I split it with my husband. It wasn't ideal but it was ok. We found the dining room on Equinox was so screwed up that I'm not surprised they refused to do something out of the ordinary.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lorimay said:

We were on the Equinox a couple of weeks ago. On other cruises and this one, usually they bring one starter after the other if you order more than one.

On lobster night, I tried to order surf and turf and the waiter refused to combine the entrees. He told me they had to come on different plates at different times. So my lobster came first along with my husband's, then they cleared my plate and brought the steak (including sides) and I split it with my husband. It wasn't ideal but it was ok. We found the dining room on Equinox was so screwed up that I'm not surprised they refused to do something out of the ordinary.

I don't think this was too unusual.  Coming on different plates would be expected.  But at slightly different times is the norm, but that can be accommodated if possible (but not always).

• Like 1

On 3/15/2023 at 1:09 AM, mcatmcat said:

Can I ask why you would want them at the same time ?

I’m wondering if part of the issue is waiters ability to get everything from the kitchen to their station and if everyone wanted this service, it can be physically done

IMHO, soup and salad are not appetizers, they are courses or part of 5 course meal. Shrimp Cocktail is an appetizer.

Our typical meal in the MDR on a cruise ship usually consists of an appetizer, cup of soup, salad followed by the main course and of course dessert. 69 cruises and we have never ordered an extra entree, on the Equinox last  summer we were served 2 lobster tails at the same time, on that same cruise we ordered shrimp cocktail and the waiter brought 2 of those each also. On the Equinox about 6 weeks later we ordered lobster and were served one each but the waiter asked if we wanted another tail after finishing the first and we both declined. Both cruises sailed at about 82% of capacity.

Edited by MISTER 67