Jeans…Jeans…Jeans?

26 minutes ago, Bigdogwon said:

I kid you not, a few years back a man on our cruise wore overalls, he was spotted several times at all hours of the day. I dont recall seeing him in the evening, but it was shocking.

Overalls are shocking? 

28 minutes ago, Bigdogwon said:

I kid you not, a few years back a man on our cruise wore overalls, he was spotted several times at all hours of the day. I dont recall seeing him in the evening, but it was shocking.

Might sound obvious, but possibly a staff member? Someone in Maintenance?

1 hour ago, Jim Avery said:

Jeans take up too much room in the bag and I have more comfortable stuff to wear on the plane.  Ah, airlines.  The place where I can really be me......🤮

I have some super comfy leisure wear from Lily Pulitzer that I have thought of wearing on travel days.  I wear them at home all the time when I am at home and just watching TV and chilling -- it's a very cute set of joggers and top, white with small "paint splotches".  Anyhow, when I told DH I was going to wear them on the flight from PHX to MIA (or, even better, from BCN back to PHX), he looked at me like I was nuts.  I have never been seen out of the house in this outfit.  And for good reason.  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bigdogwon said:

Yes, for a Regent cruise in the Med. it was shocking!  If you work on a farm not so shocking but an "upscale" cruiseline yes.

Well, if it was during the day he is free to wear them. If it was after 6, I don't think they meet the dress code. I can't remember the last time I was shocked by anything in this life...besides topics we shouldn't talk about here.

1 hour ago, papaflamingo said:

We were on a cruise many years ago (not Regent) and on Formal Night (yes they were still doing Formal Night back then) a family of 4 came into the Main Dining room all dressed in full camouflage (shirts and pants)!  What, I suspect, they didn't understand (but likely found out) on some of the Caribbean Islands (at least back in those days) camouflage was outlawed due to its association with rebels.  

Did they let them into the MDR on Formal Night in their full camo outfits?  

Currently on Splendor.  I’ve not witnessed jeans at dinner.  However, while in coffee connection Sunday morning I saw a woman come to Interdenominational worship service in Meridian lounge in her bathrobe.  Bless her…

4 minutes ago, pdaniel said:

Currently on Splendor.  I’ve not witnessed jeans at dinner.  However, while in coffee connection Sunday morning I saw a woman come to Interdenominational worship service in Meridian lounge in her bathrobe.  Bless her…

That'll be some sort of religious outfit somewhere in the world.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bigdogwon said:

Was it on the Explorer?

51 minutes ago, rcandkc said:

I’ve wondered if on a world cruise if things get more lax quickly grabbing something at coffee connection…a quick trip in robe?

Hopefully NOT! Bathrobes belong in the suite or in the spa...and not going between the suite and spa, either!

• Like 1

I am usually one who will wear leggings with a long sweater, knee length or below. Sometimes a dress at night. The only time I had issues with someone else's attire was our last cruise in the med, we had an "older" (75+ ish) who came to breakfast every single morning in see throug white leggings. The first couple of mornings my husband and I thought well maybe she doesn't know, but then it was quickly look away and try not to sit where she sat. I guess I take the attitude of to each their own. 

3 hours ago, Rothko1 said:

Did they let them into the MDR on Formal Night in their full camo outfits?  

Yup. And it wasn't like the pic posted. All 4..Father, Mother, Son, and Daughter were in the cami's that you buy at the Army/Navy Surplus store.  

We are casual people who always follow the dress code rules. We would be in favor of more relaxed guidelines. We pay attention to the gorgeous venue, beautifully plated delicious food, each other, and our friends so we don’t spend our evening looking for dress code infractions.

At the end of the day, the dress code is a red herring. If you are clean, courteous, and well kept, you’ll probably look good in most fabrics or collars. Sloppy, loud, rude, and unkept folks don’t look good - tux or no tux.

• Like 3

Why is it so difficult for people to just simply dress according to the dress code?  Is it really that hard to change into clean clothes after a day on shore?  It's not like Regent's dress code is all that formal.  In fact it's quite informal compared most other luxury cruise lines.  That's one of the reasons we like Regent, I don't have to wear a sport coat EVER.  I don't mind wearing dockers and a collared shirt after 6 pm.  Gotta wear something.

And even though I was the one who mentioned a speedo, rest assured I won't be caught dead in one.  I'd probably be mistaken for the "great white whale" and be harpooned. 😜

• Like 3

Just catching up on this topic As far as the Camo formal outfit, it does meet the requirements but not in the best taste, but then look at what shows up at the Oscars... and if you go to LA NYC or any big city you will see some very loud suits and odd outfits they call "fashion."  

As far as the robes I cut smokers some slack if they want to have their first smoke in the morning or late at night...would you rather have them smoke on their balcony.  Otherwise, regent should put a smoking room on every floor.