Who packs the luggage in your household?

Sigyn

My older kids (18,19) are on their own. They do have packing cubes to make it easy. My 13 yr old and my husband get their stuff together and I pack it. I check my son’s stuff, but not my husband’s, while putting it in cubes.

2 hours ago, DarrenM said:

Me for me, her for her.

How else can it be done?

It seems some men are turning their packing responsibilities over to their spouses who in turn delight in telling their husbands how to dress. It's not a concept I'm familiar with either.  

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, K32682 said:

It seems some men are turning their packing responsibilities over to their spouses who in turn delight in telling their husbands how to dress. It's not a concept I'm familiar with either.  

Its bizarre.

I dont tell her what to wear and she doesnt tell me.

I wear jeans all the time. She can wear what she likes.

No arguments. Just  pack your own bag.

2 hours ago, DarrenM said:

Its bizarre.

I dont tell her what to wear and she doesnt tell me.

I wear jeans all the time. She can wear what she likes.

No arguments. Just  pack your own bag.

I agree but then I stopped letting someone else dress me around age 11. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, K32682 said:

That’s how my parents were. Like many aspects of an “old fashioned marriage” it seemed a bit off to me, but it worked for them. Happily married 50+ years. 

• Like 2

When the kids were younger,  I did the packing. One time I packed too early.... and forgot their underwear!  One time hubs forgot  his belt. He does his own and I do my own, but I do the toiletries. I have a list that gets changed up for each cruise.  Metal hooks was my last add and I loved having them to hang hats, jackets and such on.  Best purchase ever!

• Like 2

On 3/20/2023 at 4:03 PM, K32682 said:

I agree but then I stopped letting someone else dress me around age 11. 

I bet it wasnt even 11.

I know I didnt force my 11 year old son to wear something he didnt want to.

On 3/20/2023 at 8:43 AM, K32682 said:

Less of a delight than a necessity. 

Most of clothes are wrinkled to bits before I get there. Should probably take more care packing, but to be honest I dont really care if my shirts have creases where they dont usually have them.

I am on holiday, so dont care if anyone else thinks my shirt needs ironing.

They shouldnt be looking.

And as suits dont make it into the case, then its really a minor issue anyway.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DarrenM said:

Most of clothes are wrinkled to bits before I get there. Should probably take more care packing, but to be honest I dont really care if my shirts have creases where they dont usually have them.

I am on holiday, so dont care if anyone else thinks my shirt needs ironing.

They shouldnt be looking.

And as suits dont make it into the case, then its really a minor issue anyway.

Roll everything. I fold shirts in 1/2, sleeves folded over. Then roll them tight starting with the collar. Only takes a few seconds but when unrolled and hung they look perfect. Cotton, silk, polyester, blends everything I’ve tried works. Shorts and pants too. The benefit, other than being wrinkle free, is you can fill every crevice in your carry on and fit more stuff. 

You’re right that a few wrinkles is nobody’s business. Personally, I hate wrinkled clothes so I do this for me, not the spectators.

We each pack our own. I hand him a small stack for cross-packing in his bag, and he hands me a small stack for cross-packing in my bag. We each sort out an even small stack for cross-packing in the day pack we use as carry-on.