EZ air help

dickinson

I have a cruise in September.  I booked EZ Air flights a few months ago.  This past Sunday I changed my flights because I got a much better rate.  After I booked it I went back in to take my time picking seats.  I got a screen saying that flights had changed and will update shortly.  That was Sunday.  It is now Friday and nothing has changed.  My first flight is with Delta and I know they often change flight schedules so I went to their website and saw that my first flight is no longer on their schedule.  I called Princess a few minutes ago and got a rep who sounded like she was out of the country.  No problem but she didn't help me and tried to spend too much time wanting to confirm all my flights (in great detail).  I told her I really needed to speak with EZ Air (if I try to change flights nothing good comes up including return flights).  She said she tried to call them but their line was busy and gave me their toll free number to call myself.  Well, that number was the in route number if you have problems.  I hung up.  I called Princess customer service again but again got someone from another country so I hung up without saying anything.

Does Princess have any USA based reps?  Should I just call at another time?  How long does EZ Air take to update my origin flight to a different one?

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, jwattle said:

I'm going to try to put this politely: just because someone has an accent doesn't mean that they aren't USA-based...

I know that.  Like I said " she was out of the country.  No problem ".  The main point was that she couldn't help me at all.  Even though USA based reps give us wrong info, I find that in general they have better listening skills and don't want to go over every detail of all my flights when that wasn't my question.

Now, can anyone answer my questions that I asked in my OP?

• Like 1

Check online directly with the airline you are booked with. I got one of those dreaded notices, but rather than wait days, I went to the airline directly. Our time change was only 5 minutes. The airline booking # you will need is the confirmation # on the upper right side of your Princess booking info. If the new time is not acceptable you will get a jump on fixing your travel.

• Like 1

Agree with poster above and was typing the same response -- use the booking number to go to the airline's site direct and see if you can select seats.  I have also had my September flights changed several times and it's typically been either a few minutes difference in the arrival/departure times or something as small as a flight number change.  

• Like 1

@love to cruz @Paula_MacFan thank you both for helpful info.  Unfortunately, it didn't help except to show me that my schedule shows no outbound flight from my home airport to JFK!  On Princess I show BWI to JFK at 12:05 pm.  It is ITA airline with a codeshare with Delta.  I had already looked at Delta to see no 12:05 flight anymore so I figured that was the problem.  Now I see it didn't put us on another flight instead!  I guess I have contact Princess again.  Ugh.

Wow! Your issue is a new one to me. Yes, you will need to contact Princess EZ Air. By looking your flight up, you now can get a jump on changing your flight. If this happens I try to make a false booking directly on the airlines site. Just do not complete the booking. I find a flight or two that will work & then call EZ Air ready in case they come up with an unworkable plan.

EZ Air flights should change instantaneously.  I only had to refresh my page.  When that didn't work, I called back and someone else had to "fix" what the first agent didn't do.

EZ Air - 800-545-0008

• Like 1

I am on hold now with Princess.  She saw what I saw with Delta.  She is now checking ITA which is the airline supposed to be from BWI although what I thought I booked was them but was a codeshare with Delta so a Delta plane.

@cr8tiv1 I was given that EZ Air # the first time I called but when I heard the automated it said it was for intransit.  

Rep is still trying to help me.  I'll update the resolution.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, dickinson said:

@love to cruz @Paula_MacFan thank you both for helpful info.  Unfortunately, it didn't help except to show me that my schedule shows no outbound flight from my home airport to JFK!  On Princess I show BWI to JFK at 12:05 pm.  It is ITA airline with a codeshare with Delta.  I had already looked at Delta to see no 12:05 flight anymore so I figured that was the problem.  Now I see it didn't put us on another flight instead!  I guess I have contact Princess again.  Ugh.

Delta should be able to tell you how your booking has changed if their codeshare flight with ITA(I believe they are the former Alitalia) was cancelled or changed. 

i had an itinerary with DL with Air France code share from SEA to CDG, Airfrance decided they were not going to fly to CDG on that day and my itinerary was adjusted to the next day. I called DL who then changed my ticket to my preferred available routing.

Edited by wallyj

Delta shows me leaving from JFK with NO flight at all from BWI to get to JFK.  After speaking with a rep from Princess (who I thought was EZ Air because that was the option I pressed) she checked Delta, ITA, and Endeavor (which is dba Delta).  No one shows me on a flight from BWI.  She then said I have to call EZ Air myself!  Ridiculous.  She again gave me the same number as a previous rep.  Automated starts off saying it is for intransit people but I stayed on this time and there was an option for me.  I am again speaking with someone who put me on hold to check to see what flights he can offer.  We shall see.

1 minute ago, CapnCrews said:

Like he said “YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT COUNTRY THEY’R IN BY THEIR ACCENT.”

Clueless.  

I am not clueless.  Don't post if you don't have anything to add.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dickinson said:

I have a cruise in September.  I booked EZ Air flights a few months ago.  This past Sunday I changed my flights because I got a much better rate.  After I booked it I went back in to take my time picking seats.  I got a screen saying that flights had changed and will update shortly.  That was Sunday.  It is now Friday and nothing has changed.  My first flight is with Delta and I know they often change flight schedules so I went to their website and saw that my first flight is no longer on their schedule.  I called Princess a few minutes ago and got a rep who sounded like she was out of the country.  No problem but she didn't help me and tried to spend too much time wanting to confirm all my flights (in great detail).  I told her I really needed to speak with EZ Air (if I try to change flights nothing good comes up including return flights).  She said she tried to call them but their line was busy and gave me their toll free number to call myself.  Well, that number was the in route number if you have problems.  I hung up.  I called Princess customer service again but again got someone from another country so I hung up without saying anything.

Does Princess have any USA based reps? YES  Should I just call at another time? try Chat   How long does EZ Air take to update my origin flight to a different one? It's never taken this long for me

Thanks.

See responses in red

This agent is actually helping!  Yay!!  I knew Delta had an earlier flight at 1015 am and he is putting me on that.  I will have 4 1/2 hours in JFK which is ok and then I get the same flight from JFK to Rome that I was supposed to be on.  I am now on hold while he takes care of it.

Thanks!

• Like 7

3 hours ago, dickinson said:

Does Princess have any USA based reps?  Should I just call at another time?  How long does EZ Air take to update my origin flight to a different one?

Thanks.

Putting this politely, I understand what you are talking about with the agents. Their accent and my southern accent does not communicate very well. 

19 minutes ago I updated that he put me on hold and is taking care of it.  I am still on hold!!!!!!!  Meanwhile, I see the flight is on Princess.  I went and picked out my seats for all flights.  After I was done I clicked manage my flights and got that dreaded error message again!  I then went and logged into Delta.  I see my new flight there along with the others.  I don't know why this agent still has me on hold.  Makes no sense.  Also makes no sense why I got that same error message that my flight has changed and I have to wait for update.  It wasn't there before when he added my new flight and I picked out seats.  Ugh.

I'm afraid to hang up.  If he hasn't come back on in 16 minutes when it is 7 pm my time then I am hanging up.  Jeopardy is on then!!!

Edited by dickinson
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, dickinson said:

19 minutes ago I updated that he put me on hold and is taking care of it.  I am still on hold!!!!!!!  

If he hasn't come back on in 16 minutes when it is 7 pm my time then I am hanging up.  Jeopardy is on then!!!

If the booking doesn't eventually update to what they maybe rebooked you on before you hung up, you're simply going to have to spend more time on the phone (holding for an agent then holding while they work on your reservation) unless you just want to cancel with EZAir and book somewhere else. 

A month or two ago it took me over 2 hours on the phone with EZAir to fix first a United schedule change with an unacceptable departure time then a billing issue where they couldn't adjust my balance due to show that I had already paid for airport transfers.

Update:  Last night I went to each of the airlines websites and saw that all flights were available (I have a login for Delta and saw all flights listed.. the other airline I just confirmed they offered the flights). I was still getting the error message on Princess though.  I just went into my booking and all is well.  I did not get the error message when I click on manage my flights.  

I have read many times on here of people having problems with Princess Customer Service.  I can now truly empathize with them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I had booked EzAir on Air Canada, non stop the Friday after the end of our cruise. I received the itinerary change message, it turns our Air Canada had cancelled the non stop flight on the Friday.  A few days later, EzAir had put me on the Saturday non stop flight with Air Canada.p with the same seats.

My cousins were on the same flights.  She kept checking their flights and it still showed “an itinerary change message”.  About 2 weeks later, she called EzAir direct when they opened up and explained that their flights had not changed and my flights had changed.  EzAir agent was able to change their flight with the same seats and booking number.

Edited by phabric
  • Like 1

On 3/17/2023 at 4:27 PM, DallasGuy75219 said:

A month or two ago it took me over 2 hours on the phone with EZAir to fix first a United schedule change with an unacceptable departure time then a billing issue where they couldn't adjust my balance due to show that I had already paid for airport transfers.

There seems to be some sort of a glitch where changes to one thing cause the airport transfer to be dropped.    It happened to us when Shareholder OBC was added, then again this weekend when I added EZAir.