How dark is a Beyond Aqua class cabin?

zitsky

5 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Just watched a YouTube video and didn’t see any curtains.  So wondering how dark it gets?  We do usually bring blindfolds.

There is a shade that is controlled by a button  on the wall in which you can adjust the height.  Room is dark if full extended.  

Edited by keesar
  • Thanks 1

On 3/18/2023 at 4:25 PM, keesar said:

There is a shade that is controlled by a button  on the wall in which you can adjust the height.  Room is dark if full extended.  

This is what's in all IV cabins on all E-Class ships. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NanaPam00 said:

You can also control the shade (as well as the lights and room temp) via the app.

Ok now I know you’re pulling my leg…..  next you’ll tell me that I can open the door with my phone.  And you’ll say there are robots that look like people!  🥸

On an Apex cruise this past May, our shade was broken. They repaired it promptly the next day, but if the shade is broken and you’re in the northerly latitudes, it’s not very dark at all. It’s also not very dark when your shade gets fixed and you forget to lower it at bedtime 😉.

But when that shade is working and it is properly lowered, it’s very dark in your room, jes sayin

11 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

On an Apex cruise this past May, our shade was broken. They repaired it promptly the next day, but if the shade is broken and you’re in the northerly latitudes, it’s not very dark at all. It’s also not very dark when your shade gets fixed and you forget to lower it at bedtime 😉.

But when that shade is working and it is properly lowered, it’s very dark in your room, jes sayin

When I was a kid I would read a book and fall asleep with the light on.  If it gets that dark maybe I’d better keep a light on at night.  🤔

29 minutes ago, zitsky said:

When I was a kid I would read a book and fall asleep with the light on.  If it gets that dark maybe I’d better keep a light on at night.  🤔

Just leave the shade up and the frosted glass bifold doors closed. That frosted glass almost glows in the dark and is incredibly annoying and distracting. But when the shade is down the way it is supposed to be - great sleeping!

• 2 months later...