Premium Extra Package Confusion - Currently on Seascape

surfjock27

9 minutes ago, UKCruiser2022 said:

Thank you, is the gratuity just on the difference, or is the gratuity on the full cost of the drink? 

You’re welcome. It was just on the difference. 
He said it was around $.40 USD. 

So, some ships are still on the winter menu and prices, where the old packages are honoured, and you pay full price for drinks outside the package.

Some ships have the new summer prices, where the old packages aren't covering the drinks they were but, you can pay the difference plus gratuity.

Some ships have both menus and passengers have no idea....

Perfectly clear..........🙄🙄🙄

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

So, some ships are still on the winter menu and prices, where the old packages are honoured, and you pay full price for drinks outside the package.

Some ships have the new summer prices, where the old packages aren't covering the drinks they were but, you can pay the difference plus gratuity.

Some ships have both menus and passengers have no idea....

Perfectly clear..........🙄🙄🙄

You should work Marketing for MSC because you know what’s going on! Hahaha. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 3/21/2023 at 9:21 AM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Well, it's probably only a "contract" when they need to exert the terms for their benefit. When it's an issue that you're having with them, it's probably more like "guidelines"... lol

Tom

You are 100% right, we had a similar issue on a package upgrade on NCL, knew of the issue from the boards before hand, brought all the necessary information and support, along with an internal report the NCL rep had emailed showing each persons name and the benefits included AND when we got our cruise cards the packages were printed on the face of the cards yet the benefits did not show up when the card was scanned so we were STILL DENIED.  pretty much everyone with that package upgrade spent hours in line at guest services.  I saved all the documentation and submitted a credit card dispute and got about $1,500 back.   Lesson learned I will never cruise NCL, and I will never buy a subsequently offered package upgrade.  The kids still jokingly mock my comment about NCL whenever something goes wrong in any customer service environment:  "...their IT can't handle it...."

Edited by BeeeJay
  • Haha 1

How does this work for YC bookings made pre-change for sailings happening post-change? After seeing this thread, I went and peeked at my MSC account. Our 2024 Seascape sailing shows $16 for Premium Extra in info about booking the PE package, but the "Yacht Club Benefits" bit in the stateroom info section still says $13. I assume that since we didn't buy the package and it was just included, it'll be the updated version and hopefully they'll have the kinks ironed out by then, but assuming never feels safe with MSC ...

My Travel Agent has contacted me, and confirmed that whatever we have booked with is what we will get and this has been confirmed by MSC. So the 13 Euros drinks is what we will get, despite the drinks going up to 13 Euros. I think this is a disgrace if you ask me, especially given we've paid the extra money for the Premium Extra.

I would love to see the menu to see what we have to pay extra for now.

Edited by RBrowny
Asking for menu

3 minutes ago, RBrowny said:

My Travel Agent has contacted me, and confirmed that whatever we have booked with is what we will get and this has been confirmed by MSC. So the 13 Euros drinks is what we will get, despite the drinks going up to 13 Euros. I think this is a disgrace if you ask me, especially given we've paid the extra money for the Premium Extra.

Totally agree!   Though, actually, this has happened in a slightly different way before.  The package prices would increase and then I’d find that items were removed from the menus.  For example:  the top package was known as Deluxe.  When it was first introduced, Remy Martin XO @ €12 a glass was included.  The price increased and RMXO disappeared off the menu. Janneau XO became the top cognac @ €9    That was removed and I was left with Martell @€6.75 (or thereabouts) as the best available covered by Deluxe.  

2 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Totally agree!   Though, actually, this has happened in a slightly different way before.  The package prices would increase and then I’d find that items were removed from the menus.  For example:  the top package was known as Deluxe.  When it was first introduced, Remy Martin XO @ €12 a glass was included.  The price increased and RMXO disappeared off the menu. Janneau XO became the top cognac @ €9    That was removed and I was left with Martell @€6.75 (or thereabouts) as the best available covered by Deluxe.  

I would contact MSC directly, but I am unsure what they will say that is any different. I don't quite understand why I've paid for a package, but items will be missing, otherwise I'd have held out until it updates.

1 minute ago, RBrowny said:

I would contact MSC directly, but I am unsure what they will say that is any different. I don't quite understand why I've paid for a package, but items will be missing, otherwise I'd have held out until it updates.

Yeah - I feel the same way.  I’d considered cancelling the upgrade but it’s too close to sail date, now. Had this arisen last week, I may have done so.  But I’m not convinced that we’d be able to pay the price difference for a drink outside our original included Easy package.  Also, I’ve never had to keep an eye on onboard spend for drinks (we’ve always had the top package) and I don’t want to have to spend the next 2 weeks doing so.  I’m just going to roll with whatever happens and not let it spoil our cruise.  

Just now, Beamafar said:

Yeah - I feel the same way.  I’d considered cancelling the upgrade but it’s too close to sail date, now. Had this arisen last week, I may have done so.  But I’m not convinced that we’d be able to pay the price difference for a drink outside our original included Easy package.  Also, I’ve never had to keep an eye on onboard spend for drinks (we’ve always had the top package) and I don’t want to have to spend the next 2 weeks doing so.  I’m just going to roll with whatever happens and not let it spoil our cruise.  

Yeah, don't let it spoil your cruise. It's just a shame they've done this. Our sailing is in Europe, and I assume that's where they will change the prices. I just need to see updated menus.

1 minute ago, RBrowny said:

Yeah, don't let it spoil your cruise. It's just a shame they've done this. Our sailing is in Europe, and I assume that's where they will change the prices. I just need to see updated menus.

If they’re updated on our sailing and the WiFi plays nice, I’ll post them. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RBrowny said:

My Travel Agent has contacted me, and confirmed that whatever we have booked with is what we will get and this has been confirmed by MSC.....

This is MSC customer services/corporate office, right.....mibbes aye, maybes naw....

• Haha 3

In an "ideal" world, a representative of the company would post on this thread to help clear things up. To clarify the situation, and to let us know when things will be smooth sailing (where everyone is on the same page). That would be soooo helpful. Otherwise, the cluster continues, and MSC just gets (MORE) blackeyes.

For the record, Kevin Sheehan (NCL) replied to a thread I posted years ago. So, it can be done. Where there's a will, there's a way.

I'd AT LEAST like to think that they monitor these boards, unless they just totally don't care (which, unfortunately, I would not put past them).

Tom

Just now, hamrag said:

This is MSC customer services/corporate office, right.....mibbes aye, maybes naw....

Guess I will find out when onboard, but got to be optimistic. 

4 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Thank you, really appreciate that.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, RBrowny said:

Disappointing, but not surprising. Although, as mentioned what is said shoreside and what happens ship side, often vary...

24 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Thanks, Bea.

Another issue, of course, is each ship is doing a different thing at a different time depending on its schedule. Our ship is currently on 10 night West Med circuits, she'll reposition to do 7 night circuits of the East Med on April 15th. It's possible the winter prices are still applicable and package changes will be implemented for that sailing. Or, they've done it already, and possibly you can pay the difference.

Our tickets say drinks to 13E, but until we board I'll have no idea what prices apply to our ship and therefore what is included. It's very wrong that last week a drink was included and next week it won't be!  Drinks which are 13E exactly are included, I presume? Edit: looking at a menu from Jan, only 1 item was 13E.

Edited by CruisingFox27

Since they introduced the PremiumPlus package, we’d never had to concern ourselves with what was covered as EVERYTHING by the glass was.  This is the first time we’ll have the PremX, as we haven’t sailed MSC since these current packages were introduced.  I’m hoping we’ll still be covered for champagne with the new pricings. 🥴

19 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

.....I’m hoping we’ll still be covered for champagne with the new pricings. 🥴

You will, there's a 'basic' one covered....Lanson, my DW says it very nice!

Just now, hamrag said:

You will, there's a 'basic' one covered....Lanson, my DW says it very nice!

Not familiar with that one.  I was going to splurge now and again on a Veuve, but doubt it now if the new menus are in place with the higher prices. 

I just looked up the details on our Seaside YC booking for next month. I booked this in January. In there it says:

Premium Extra Drink Package (includes all drinks up to 13 in all ship areas)

I have a feeling I'll be in for some interesting bar encounters.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Not familiar with that one.  I was going to splurge now and again on a Veuve, but doubt it now if the new menus are in place with the higher prices. 

Hi Bea!

Lanson is very good…it was a favorite of the late Queen Elizabeth.  

I've just booked Med on Virtuosa at end of September. 

The TA documentation says max is €15 for Europe (€17 for US and Japan). However, login to MSC and it tells me it's max '?14' (yep, question mark lol). So make of that what you will. 🤣

Luckily I'm a scrubber from the north in the UK, so most of my tipples won't reach that anyway. 😉

• Haha 2