Suite w/ Balcony or Interior Yacht Club Cabin? Bermuda in Nov

kaz828

I have an 'aspiration' to experience YC, but atm it is cost prohibitive as we could not cope with an inside, but it is all down to personal preference. We do like to sometimes chill in the cabin or on a balcony, but many folks don't spend much time in them and if that was me I'd go YC Interior

Edited by SirJackDaniels
  • Like 1

We did a YCI on Meraviglia back in November and loved it!  I'm beginning to think that YCI is the only category I will book moving forward.  We have one on the Seaside in June.  They are smaller than the balcony rooms but the YC public spaces are expansive and you can always find a nice quiet place to relax.  I really love the dark room and the fact to it seems to cool much faster than a balcony room.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

We did a YCI on Meraviglia back in November and loved it!  I'm beginning to think that YCI is the only category I will book moving forward.  We have one on the Seaside in June.  They are smaller than the balcony rooms but the YC public spaces are expansive and you can always find a nice quiet place to relax.  I really love the dark room and the fact to it seems to cool much faster than a balcony room.

My nice quiet place to relax is my balcony looking out at the ocean.  I would go crazy in an inside cabin.  To me part of the fun of cruising is the people.  It’s definitely preference.  What’s important to me may not be important to you.

• Like 2

We had the same dilemma...8day from NY in early November.  We upgraded to YC shortly after cruising restarted and we are now ruined.  Even though we had a balcony that trip we ended up being in our room far less than we ever had on our previous 20 cruises.  So, for this trip we are trying our first ever inside cabin...YCI.  The entire experience we had far outweighs having a balcony.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SirJackDaniels said:

atm it is cost prohibitive as we could not cope with an inside, but it is all down to personal preference

This is actually what DH and I originally thought, but we were able to upgrade to the Haven on our last NCL and found we hardly used our balcony. I would sit out there and read if I woke up earlier than he did or we'd drink our morning coffee there from time to time, but I'm pretty sure that was mostly because we were a small hike from the Haven itself (NCL Joy has Haven cabins outside the enclave) so it was easier to ask our butler to bring coffee than head to the Haven itself. Other than that, we spent all of the time we'd normally spend on the balcony in the Haven instead and I think I'd have spent even more time than that if we were in the enclave itself.

We still may find we hate an inside. We've never cruised in one and our YCI on Seascape next year will be our first. It's a risk. But, based on our Haven experience (and the fact that the Yacht Club spaces actually look bigger and nicer), I think we'll be okay. Take that for whatever it might be worth. The access controlled public spaces really do make a big difference, at least to us.

11 hours ago, Missymssy said:

In YC interior, how close would I be to deck area? I could give up the balcony if I just go out my door and walk a few steps. If it's long hallway to get there, maybe not.

I had a similar thing with the Topsail.

We had a YCI on the same deck(16) very easy access(5 seconds cabin to bar).

The only one available on another trip 2 decks(14) down in the end the extra travel was not so bad.

For outside space nearest would be 19 but no YCI on 18 or 19  once elevator any YCI would do.

Next option would be deck 15 YCI and a short walk out through Bamboo pool to outside.

16 hours ago, Missymssy said:

In YC interior, how close would I be to deck area? I could give up the balcony if I just go out my door and walk a few steps. If it's long hallway to get there, maybe not.

You would only be a couple of floors from the YC interior cabins to the 19th deck YC pool deck.  Look at the deck plans to see if the cabins are too far from the elevators or stairs.

3 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Just to clarify - a YC1 is a balcony;  a YIN is a YC inside.  

yep  I have YCI and YC1 in my head and keep writing them that way.

daily slap till I get it right

Edited by insidecabin
  • Haha 1

Just disembarked from interior YC MRS Europa. It was 100% better than balcony cabin I had 3 months ago on the same ship. YC territory is huge with very few people. Much better than the balcony  (in November in your case)

19 hours ago, Missymssy said:

Depending on the ship, there may be a couple of YIN cabins that are just a few steps away from the door to the Top 19 Solarium area, which YC guest have access to. We have a YC1 cabin in this area on one cruise and the bar is just a few steps away as well. The solarium and the solarium bar were often very quiet and sparsely populated on our last cruise. I've been trying to get my other half to consider this YIN option to save money on a future cruise, but no luck so far.

21 minutes ago, jame_g said:

Depending on the ship, there may be a couple of YIN cabins that are just a few steps away from the door to the Top 19 Solarium area, which YC guest have access to. We have a YC1 cabin in this area on one cruise and the bar is just a few steps away as well. The solarium and the solarium bar were often very quiet and sparsely populated on our last cruise. I've been trying to get my other half to consider this YIN option to save money on a future cruise, but no luck so far.

When the YIN get a good solo rates the "if you don't want to go..." might help.