Has Anyone Used the Shareholder Credit?

burnsva

5 hours ago, sasmisjas said:

Yes, I always use it when cruising with any Carnival companies. Quite generous which is just as well as the shares themselves have tanked ☹️

I try not to think about the share price these days, and focus on how much OBC I've received over the years.

Warning! The shareholder OBC doesn't always show up, so take hard copy of your request and proof of ownership so that you can give it to the purser's desk to fix the error. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Bought mine several years ago @ £12 per a share (only bought 100) 

Have had my full return back in OBC dozens & dozens of times  (including the  occasional dividend )

The best thing I've ever invested in, fortunately my preference to sail is (Carnival)  Cunard/Seabourn.   

Each person can receive the shareholder benefit . They must own 100 shares separately . For my upcoming cruise my TA offered to send in my request . 

Edited by richstowe

I had mine applied this week for my June Alaskan sailing. I emailed my details and proof of shares to shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com and they responded the next day to let me know it had been added. Super quick and easy. We already had some onboard credit as part of our booking.

1 hour ago, NE John said:

Is this shareholder benefit open to US paying guests too? Do we use the same UK email?
I do understand that it can be used on every voyage.

I see a nice bottle of wine in my future!

Yes. We’re in the US, and we mail our paperwork to the California address. No problems.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NE John said:

Is this shareholder benefit open to US paying guests too? Do we use the same UK email?
I do understand that it can be used on every voyage.

I see a nice bottle of wine in my future!

For US guests, the email address for shareholder benefit applications is "sb@cunard.com". That's the email address listed for Cunard in the "North America Brands" column of the Carnival Corporation & plc Shareholder Benefit page. I have used it successfully several times.

If you don't see that email address listed it may be because you have an old version of the Shareholder Benefit information. The ability for US guests to email shareholder benefit applications was just added within the last year.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

And, just to complete the geographies, for Australia the email is shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com  

It may also be useful to cc this address - cunard.aspac@carnivalaustralia.com.  Sometimes the shareholderbenefit address incorrectly sends Australia requests to the US sb@cunard.com, where in my experience they fall into a black hole.and are never heard from again.  Involving cunard.aspac seems more reliably to enable correct local processing by shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com.

Although the Cunard Australia website says to email shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com, in my experience that goes to the same black hole as sb@cunard.com.  The Carnival US and UK addresses seem to filter out Australia emails and do not even generate an automated 'message received' reply.

@lissie, where do you send your NZ requests?

Edited by sfred

2 hours ago, sfred said:

And, just to complete the geographies, for Australia the email is shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com  

It may also be useful to cc this address - cunard.aspac@carnivalaustralia.com.  Sometimes the shareholderbenefit address incorrectly sends Australia requests to the US sb@cunard.com, where in my experience they fall into a black hole.and are never heard from again.  Involving cunard.aspac seems more reliably to enable correct local processing by shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com.

Although the Cunard Australia website says to email shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com, in my experience that goes to the same black hole as sb@cunard.com.  The Carnival US and UK addresses seem to filter out Australia emails and do not even generate an automated 'message received' reply.

@lissie, where do you send your NZ requests?

That's not my experience - I've used the shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com and they'e always been answered promptly and the OBC applied.  I believe NZ is run out of Australia 

On 4/7/2023 at 9:21 PM, bluemarble said:
On 4/7/2023 at 9:21 PM, bluemarble said:

For US guests, the email address for shareholder benefit applications is "sb@cunard.com"

FYI — I used the above email and it bounced back. 
I went directly to the Cunard (US) site and asked about the Shareholder benefits and received a prompt and personalized reply from: GeneralInquiries@cunard.com

That email included a form to fill out and return.

Cunard seems to make this easy, once we find the right source. 

25 minutes ago, NE John said:

I went directly to the Cunard (US) site and asked about the Shareholder benefits and received a prompt and personalized reply from: GeneralInquiries@cunard.com

Your bounced email report is bizarre to say the least! I can't explain what happened other than a glitch or that they have very recently changed the process for the US. Here is a response I received from "sb@cunard.com" in February confirming the shareholder benefit request I sent to that email address.

========================================

Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2023 11:16 AM
To: My Name <myemail@mydomain.com>; Benefit, Shareholder (Cunard) <sb@cunard.com>
Subject: RE: Cunard Shareholder Benefit Request

Hello

Thank you for submitting your documents, we have now applied the credit to your reservation.

Wishing You Well,

Rep Name

Cunard Customer Service

24303 Town Center Drive

Santa Clarita, CA 91355

SB@CUNARD.COM 

Edited by bluemarble

1 hour ago, NE John said:

Just to follow up, I have seen a form to fill out which may be the same form they sent you. The one I have is a pdf form with Cunard logos titled "Carnival shareholder benefit request form." One of the options listed for returning the form is to email it to "sb@cunard.com". Where does your form say to send it? Or were you instructed to send it somewhere else?

Edited by bluemarble