Chair hogs be warned

melbur

3 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

Heck, after reading some of these posts I don't even want to go into our own hot tub anymore. 🤢

Last night, Mrs. Dawg went in and invited me to join her. From my facial expression she got her answer. 

Horror Movie Moments That Genuinely Scared Me: Part One | Halloween Love

And yes, I sept on the couch last night.  🛋️

Count yourself lucky that you do not own a doghouse. 😬

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Blur said:

Chlorine/bromine you knew what I meant.

Pretty sure urine has to be fresh (and yours) to be "ok" to drink.  And any urine in the tub is prob way passed due... 😉.  

Def agree on your statement on #2 cleanliness.  When I do feel the need to use the hot tub (usually for muscles after flowrider or cold temps)  I'll use the near by shower immediately after I get out and then shower back in the room when able.  I use fancy air drying bidets at home so I know the differences between tp, wipes, bidet, and shower 😜

Ships apparently use chlorine according to cheng. Bromine is better,  less rashes but it stinks.  Usually you can smell the difference.  

yes you know the difference.  We were on celebrity in the solarium warm pool.  Saw some tp floating around and that was it.  As we all know some people dont shower often.  

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, clairebearinaus said:

I did some Google research on hot tub safety after reading this thread.  In one article, an 'expert' suggested the average person has around 100ml of poo smeared around their bum crack, ready to be loosened by lovely warm spa jets.

100 ml on average?  Did that make sense to you?  Think about it…that’s enough to fill a TSA travel bottle.  I think that “expert” has poo between his ears.

I don’t use the hot tubs, but that’s an exaggeration.

Edited by Starry Eyes

2 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

100 ml on average?  Did that make sense to you?  Think about it…that’s enough to fill a TSA travel bottle.  I think that “expert” has poo between his ears.

Dare I say it?  "It depends on the a$$h.le "  

🤣

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

LOL, quote said the average bum crack.  Having spent a career in healthcare, I may have seen the average bum crack

So you saying, "They all look the same at the end of a long day." And then, "I need a cruise to get away from these .......holes!"

Got it!  😁

1 hour ago, Starry Eyes said:

Living in a metric country, the 100 ml stood out to me as a very high amount and has to be a mistake in the type of measurement used. I'd say that should be 100 mg (milligrams) not ml (millilitres). Milligrams refers to weight, whereas millilitres refers to volume. 100 mg is about 0.0035 oz (weight) and 100 ml is about 3.4 fluid oz. Clearly no one would have 100 ml (almost 3.5 shot glasses) of poo smeared on them unless they were in an a current state of norovirus activity😳😂

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

100 ml or 1 ml ...It brought up a lot of nasty images that I previously had not considered before. 

I'm not sure how to move forward

16 hours ago, clairebearinaus said:

I did some Google research on hot tub safety after reading this thread.  In one article, an 'expert' suggested the average person has around 100ml of poo smeared around their bum crack, ready to be loosened by lovely warm spa jets.

100 ml is roughly a cylinder 7 1/2 inches long by an inch wide. That is not fitting in a bum crack. 

15 hours ago, resetjet said:

Chlorine doesnt work in hot tubs.  They have to use bromine due to high temps.

Chlorine works better in hot tubs, especially for heavy loads and frequent changes. Bromine is not as good a disinfectant, but lasts longer and can be less irritating to some. And bromine is not good outdoors, as it is UV sensitive.

13 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

The old sailor ditty,"Who hid the halibut in the Poop Deck?"

Right there with you.....

😬

I sure hope they clean their Scuttlebutt properly, otherwise, it would stink.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Hahahaha those hot tubs are pure poo tea!!! I have personally witnessed people swishing that water in their mouths and spitting it out!!! 

22 hours ago, keishashadow said:

They are ones who don’t get sick often, already exposed to the worst of it lol 

Yep... its the best way to build up your immune system!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

These were on the chairs of the Anthem last week and we did notice a marked improvement with the guests' mentality of holding chairs.  It was improved.  I really appreciated the new notices on the chair backs.

If nothing else... they add a nice bit of color to the pool deck

20230326_142352.thumb.jpg.5c6a55345d38fa

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, clairebearinaus said:

I'm really not comfortable with ANY amounts of poo being swirled around me in a hot tub, though!

What if it was your own. Just go first and no one else will join you. 🤪😂

38 minutes ago, clairebearinaus said:

I'm sure you're all right and I misquoted the amount of poo in the average bottom.  Apologies for that.

I'm really not comfortable with ANY amounts of poo being swirled around me in a hot tub, though!

I think you're on the wrong thread. 😄