Chair hogs be warned

melbur

17 hours ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

With Cruise Critic, all threads become one. There are no "wrong threads".  😁

What a tangled web we thread as it is weaved into one.

This thread has now evolved into..

Chair Hogs be warned... you 'could' get an infection if you frequent the hot tubs!

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

With Cruise Critic, all threads become one. There are no "wrong threads".  😁

What a tangled web we thread as it is weaved into one.

Personally, I wouldn't want it any other way.  Amongst the tangled web, often we can find some important/educational value posts/comments even if off-topic. 

• Like 2

On 3/29/2023 at 9:32 AM, HappyTexan44 said:

Can you imagine a chair hogs reaction to arrive and find someone in THEIR chair, reading THEIR book?   

When the chair hog gets nasty they should say finders keepers. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/29/2023 at 10:51 AM, OSUZorba said:

Same, but we then stay in the pool for hours and move around to different pools without moving our stuff (because generally there won't actually be a closer seat). We never leave the pool area with our stuff on a chair, though. I'm always worried we'll be classed as a "chair hog" with these policies, but think it'll probably be a net positive.

I wish they'd just put some cubbies by the wall and I'd just leave my junk in a cubby.

Why do you need a prime spot if you are moving from pool to pool?

On 3/29/2023 at 2:11 PM, Ret MP said:

Genuine Ply School Bag Cubby Holes - Class Furniture Solutions

They should be lockable. Some people carry their phones and other items that they don’t want left out in the open. The ones that have a key in them with a wristlet and the key has to be left again to retrieve your items. 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2023 at 8:21 PM, clairebearinaus said:

I did some Google research on hot tub safety after reading this thread.  In one article, an 'expert' suggested the average person has around 100ml of poo smeared around their bum crack, ready to be loosened by lovely warm spa jets.

No way unless someone actually pooped in their pants. 100 ml is over 3 ounces. 

The hogs have planted their butts in the chairs, but that's started a whole new problem.... The pool area is absolutely littered with dirty breakfast plates bowls cups and glasses. Afraid to leave their chair so breakfast is take out!

I guess every hog started as a little piggy 🤣🤣

15 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

They should be lockable. Some people carry their phones and other items that they don’t want left out in the open. The ones that have a key in them with a wristlet and the key has to be left again to retrieve your items. 

Sorry, doesn't make sense.  What are people doing with their phones NOW?  If they're leaving them on chairs, they're not locked up.  So why would they need to be locked up in cubbies? 

And, if you did it for "lockers", what's to keep someone from "hogging" the locker?  All they have to do is keep the key with them all the time, even if there's nothing in the locker.  

There are "cubbies" at the base of the drop tower on Coco Cay for people to put shoes, hats, coverups, etc that they don't/can't take on the slides.  Same principle applies. 

On 3/29/2023 at 3:11 PM, Ret MP said:

Genuine Ply School Bag Cubby Holes - Class Furniture Solutions

The cubby idea is actually one of the best ideas I could see to help alleviate a problem .

What most people don't seem to realize is that some problems will always be problems , they are not going to go away . So with that in mind , instead of trying to eliminate the problem , come up with ideas to lessen the problem . A lot of people who never actually use the chair to 'Lounge' , would still hog but , I'm sure there are a good % that would see this as a viable option , and hey if say 50 people choose cubbies instead of lounger , then work on the next 50.

Baby steps people..

And also , some of the people who are the most outraged by the hogs are the people who just show up and want to go for a quick dip , but can't find anywhere to put their things for a 1/2 hour... their problem also gets solved

Cheers

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LobsterStalker said:

The cubby idea is actually one of the best ideas I could see to help alleviate a problem .

What most people don't seem to realize is that some problems will always be problems , they are not going to go away . So with that in mind , instead of trying to eliminate the problem , come up with ideas to lessen the problem . A lot of people who never actually use the chair to 'Lounge' , would still hog but , I'm sure there are a good % that would see this as a viable option , and hey if say 50 people choose cubbies instead of lounger , then work on the next 50.

Baby steps people..

And also , some of the people who are the most outraged by the hogs are the people who just show up and want to go for a quick dip , but can't find anywhere to put their things for a 1/2 hour... their problem also gets solved

Cheers

You know, I just thought about how the cubbies might backfire...

Let's say I go up to the pool deck.  I put my towel and t-shirt in the cubby, and proceed to the pool/hot tub.  

While I'm enjoying myself, @LobsterStalker, finishes his time in the pool.  He goes to the cubby, but doesn't remember/pay attention to where he stored his towel.  Being the self entitled bore he is (just making a joke, don't really believe  it😛) he grabs MY towel and walks off.  I finish at the pool, go to the cubby, find my t-shirt (so I know it's cubby I used), but there's no towel.  Now what? 

33 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Let's say I go up to the pool deck.  I put my towel and t-shirt in the cubby, and proceed to the pool/hot tub.  

While I'm enjoying myself, @LobsterStalker, finishes his time in the pool.  He goes to the cubby, but doesn't remember/pay attention to where he stored his towel.  Being the self entitled bore he is (just making a joke, don't really believe  it😛) he grabs MY towel and walks off.  I finish at the pool, go to the cubby, find my t-shirt (so I know it's cubby I used), but there's no towel.  Now what? 

Someone who would forget which cubby could also forget which lounge chair.  Couldn’t a self entitled bore take a towel off the wrong chair just as they could out of the wrong cubby?  Either way, your towel is gone while you are still in the pool.  

They could mount obvious (and also less obvious) security cameras directed the cubbies to discourage any self entitled bores and any young mischief makers

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Why do you need a prime spot if you are moving from pool to pool?

I don't understand, I never said I got a prime spot. I put my junk on whatever lounger I find that's open, which is never a prime spot unless it's after 5pm. I was saying I don't move my stuff pool to pool because the crappy spot at the new pool will probably be just as far away as the crappy spot at the old pool, as in I can't see if deck patrol flags it while I'm swimming either way.

2 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

They'll give you a new towel and waive the fee. On Odyssey my cabin Stewart kept taking our pool towel, but not replacing them or checking them back in. We ended up with like 30 towels checked out and I just explained what happened and they changed it to zero.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

I'm sure there are other logisticals to figure out , but the general idea seems logical. 

As suggested earlier , possibly key or maybe even a wall of cubbies behind towel station where you hand stuff to attendant and he hends you corresponding number...

We'll have it  figured out before my next cruise !

Cheers

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, dad son team said:

I think it's just a matter of time before they start charging for the premium, poolside chairs. $$ per day to reserve a chair until 6pm

Honestly, our house would pay for it to avoid all the bs that comes from “fighting” for chairs. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Sorry, doesn't make sense.  What are people doing with their phones NOW?  If they're leaving them on chairs, they're not locked up.  So why would they need to be locked up in cubbies? 

And, if you did it for "lockers", what's to keep someone from "hogging" the locker?  All they have to do is keep the key with them all the time, even if there's nothing in the locker.  

There are "cubbies" at the base of the drop tower on Coco Cay for people to put shoes, hats, coverups, etc that they don't/can't take on the slides.  Same principle applies. 

If the phones are on their chair they are more likely to be able to see it from the pool. If it’s in a cubby hole it could be away from the pool or people could be standing in front of it where they can’t see it.