Survey....What Survey

Hi Folks 

Completed 14 day Pacific cruise on Majestic Princess in late February. Haven't received any survey request. It was obvious from how the crew were behaving in the final days of the cruise that positive survey results were very important to them.

We've not received a survey request. Is this unusual?

Many TIA 

1 hour ago, Galesa said:

Hi Folks 

Completed 14 day Pacific cruise on Majestic Princess in late February. Haven't received any survey request. It was obvious from how the crew were behaving in the final days of the cruise that positive survey results were very important to them.

We've not received a survey request. Is this unusual?

Many TIA 

Try the junk or spam mail but the survey is only available for 2 weeks after it is sent.  I did mine yesterday for Majestic and remembered that it would be there.  I don't think staff were nicer on the last few days, they were nice all the time.   I had very little to complain about but probably prefer the smaller ships.

• Like 1

Oh yes. They were nice for the whole cruise. Just a  little focussed on the survey over the last couple of days to the extent that staff in the MDR were wearing hats with the number 10 on them (out of 10) on the last night as well as the maitre d handling us a piece of paper with his name on it. 🙂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Galesa said:

Oh yes. They were nice for the whole cruise. Just a  little focussed on the survey over the last couple of days to the extent that staff in the MDR were wearing hats with the number 10 on them (out of 10) on the last night as well as the maitre d handling us a piece of paper with his name on it. 🙂

Oh wow - no I have never seen that but that does not mean I won't.  However, I did notice cabin stewards hanging about passengers who were leaving the cruise earlier.

Princess surveys are now targeted to a percentage of passengers or specific voyages. In four Princess cruises since the resumption, we have received a survey twice. 

In each of the four cruise though, there was a "first impressions" survey left in the cabin on the 2nd or 3rd day. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Galesa said:

I would find that incredibly annoying!  

20 hours ago, Galesa said:

I have never seen staff wearing hats with number 10 on them.

43 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I have never seen staff wearing hats with number 10 on them.

On Majestic last month they were all wearing their oversized "10" hats as you entered the MDR towards end of cruise.  The name cards on dining tables we only saw regularly on Carnival Luminosa, not Princess.  The Captain on Luminosa even came to MDR on last evening to encourage you to give 10/10 if you thought they deserved it.  I have never received a survey from carnival even though my travelling companions did. I get all their other emails. Of the six Princess cruises post-covid, I've received a survey day the after disembarking for each of them.

As far as I can recall, Princess have always e-mailed out a survey at the end of the cruise and if I haven't filled it out I get a reminder about 5 or 6 days after the initial e-mail. Sometimes they also ask me to write a review on some of the shore excusions. Sometimes I do them, sometimes I don't. I always give staff a 10 unless I can think of some reason to deduct points.