Stowaway Piano Player?

Ret MP

Is the Stowaway Piano Player still a thing?  I haven't seen any pictures or comments posted of the player lately, not since COVID.  I wonder if the entertaining activity has fallen victim to COVID/"sustainability" and many other things.  I only experienced it once on the Symphony, years prior to COVID. although we did see/hear him elsewhere at times.  Completely surprised when we got on an elevator and bam, there he was.  We enjoyed singing along and listening to jokes and it was just a great quick getaway from the usual.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, that's good news.  Thanks, everyone.  Our next booked cruise isn't until January but we're looking for something sooner.  So, we're looking forward to that little nugget of pleasure, sooner or later. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

He was on Harmony last month.  Apparently there are two of them now. 

I believe there is one on most ships. There was one on Wonder in January and a different one on Serenade in February. There has been one on every one of the 19 cruises we have taken since the restart.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

I believe there is one on most ships. There was one on Wonder in January and a different one on Serenade in February. There has been one on every one of the 19 cruises we have taken since the restart.

Oh, I'm surprised.  I honestly thought the Stowaway was only on Oasis Class ships.  Another little piece of good news.  Thanks for that.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Oh, I'm surprised.  I honestly thought the Stowaway was only on Oasis Class ships.  Another little piece of good news.  Thanks for that.  

We were surprised as well, as we thought they were only on ships with a Royal Promenade.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We have been on 21 cruises since the restart and only have seen him 5 times.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Tlbecker1 said:

We have been on 21 cruises since the restart and only have seen him 5 times.

He wanders around quite a bit, and we have been on cruises where we finally caught up with him several days into the cruise, and even then only because we happened to be waiting for an elevator and he was in it when it arrived. He can be somewhat of a ghost if you are not in the right place at the right time😇🎹

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, orville99 said:

He can be somewhat of a ghost if you are not in the right place at the right time😇🎹

And I think it is very intentional.  It's a great gimmick.  

1 hour ago, Ret MP said:

Is the Stowaway Piano Player still a thing?  I haven't seen any pictures or comments posted of the player lately, not since COVID.  I wonder if the entertaining activity has fallen victim to COVID/"sustainability" and many other things.  I only experienced it once on the Symphony, years prior to COVID. although we did see/hear him elsewhere at times.  Completely surprised when we got on an elevator and bam, there he was.  We enjoyed singing along and listening to jokes and it was just a great quick getaway from the usual.  

On Wonder in January, Saw him several times

• Like 1

4 hours ago, orville99 said:

He wanders around quite a bit, and we have been on cruises where we finally caught up with him several days into the cruise, and even then only because we happened to be waiting for an elevator and he was in it when it arrived. He can be somewhat of a ghost if you are not in the right place at the right time😇🎹

And we haven’t even been in an elevator for all of our cruises since 1997.  That could be why we haven’t seen him as much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We have only taken one RCCL cruise (Navigator, 12 nights, 2008). Did not know it was a thing, never saw or heard of him before this stream. Now I am looking forward to seeing him/her in October on Anthem transatlantic (15 nights).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jeh10641 said:

We have only taken one RCCL cruise (Navigator, 12 nights, 2008). Did not know it was a thing, never saw or heard of him before this stream. Now I am looking forward to seeing him/her in October on Anthem transatlantic (15 nights).

I think you'll enjoy the short experience.  It's a good thing.  

• Thanks 1