REFUNDABLE OBC

Ombud

I've got 100 refundable OBC on my next voyage. If I don't use it all up, how much can Guest Services Desk cash out for me? Not looking for any tricks .... just a cash out before disembarkation. Used to be only $25

(It's from missing a 2 ports in September, didn't get it before December cruise, and my refund was stuck until CVP contacted CS who tripled it and put it on the next booked cruise)

We had a little over $100 refundable OBC left in our account on a recent Regal cruise in the Med last July. We went to GS and since our account had more the $25 in it, they would not give us any cash back. We later found a way to spend it all to avoid waiting for the "check in the mail". Our understanding is there still has to be $25 or less in your account to be able to get any cash back.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

Sad but true, $100 doesn't go far on a cruise ship. Could easily use that amount and more on one shore excursion or a watch, jacket or other store purchases. I've heard some credit it towards Crew Appreciation just to square the account. Haven't done this but Passenger Services I'm guessing.

• Thanks 1

@mtnesterz its a California Coastal cruise ... I could drive to the ports & back in a day so might not even get off. But I could use Clinique if they carry it. Or just increase gratuities  ... not waiting for a voided check (I've got over 500 total obc)

Not looking for a trick just info amount on max GS refund

Edited by Ombud

2 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

Sad but true, $100 doesn't go far on a cruise ship. Could easily use that amount and more on one shore excursion or a watch, jacket or other store purchases. I've heard some credit it towards Crew Appreciation just to square the account. Haven't done this but Passenger Services I'm guessing.

We tried asking for a form from Guest Services to give it as additional gratuities to our steward, like we do on Celebrity cruises, but they didn't have such a form or so they told us. Is there some other way you can designate excess OBC on your account to go to a crew member, such as a steward?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

@mtnesterz its a California Coastal cruise ... I could drive to the ports & back in a day so might not even get off. But I could use Clinique if they carry it. Or just increase gratuities  ... not waiting for a voided check (I've got over 500 total obc)

Not looking for a trick just info amount on max GS refund

They should have Clinique, definitely available onboard at good prices in October and December.  I usually stock up to utilize OBC.  

• Like 1

On 3/29/2023 at 9:58 AM, Ken the cruiser said:

Is there some other way you can designate excess OBC on your account to go to a crew member, such as a steward?

Have read on CC that others have done so . We only sail Princess so it would have been in this forum I saw it, not X's.  But personal experience, no. We neither drink nor gamble but excursions exhaust our OBC every time. To @Ombud $500? Wow! Helicopter tour? 

• Like 1