Sicilian chicken on Venezia

JOHN 57

7 hours ago, JOHN 57 said:

Just what is Sicilian chicken? 

Image result for sicily italy live chickens

These are Sicilian chickens

Sicilian Buttercup Chickens for Sale | Cackle Hatchery® | Chickens for ...

I've heard that you can tell if they are Sicilian it they talk with their hands, but since chickens don't have hands I don't know how you could prove it.

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Image result for sicily italy live chickens

Sicilian Buttercup Chickens for Sale | Cackle Hatchery® | Chickens for ...

I've heard that you can tell if they are Sicilian it they talk with their hands, but since chickens don't have hands I don't know how you could prove it.

That one looks like the Don.

8 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

They must have had hands because both Zaxby's and Raising Cane's have them on the menu 

3 hours ago, havanadaydreaming said:

im on the Venezia this fall so i googled Sicilian chicken.  

Basically this is a roasted chicken but in parts rather than a whole chicken. Roasted chicken is so much better tasting than fried chicken. includes olives, mushrooms and capers.  

Sounds great, we booked the Aug./Sept. out of NY because it has the Venice theme. Have to cancel our Venice trip and poking around clicked on Carnival and bam (pun intended) San Marco on the Venezia, its a sign. Grabbed us an aft cabin, not Terrazza, not yet will wait for reviews on this category.

Happy sailing, keep us informed when you come across information on this ship.

4 hours ago, havanadaydreaming said:

im on the Venezia this fall so i googled Sicilian chicken.  

Basically this is a roasted chicken but in parts rather than a whole chicken. Roasted chicken is so much better tasting than fried chicken. includes olives, mushrooms and capers.  

Years ago there was Sicilian chicken in the MDR.  It was like the description that you found.  Roasted chicken in a hearty sauce of olives, mushroom, eggplant, capers and a small amount of tomato.  i enjoyed it enough to learn how to prepare it a home.  If you like coq au vin, then you probably will like Sicilian chicken.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Jimbo, are you implying that the current state of the MDR food is flat lining?

It is time for a change.  They dabble here and there, for new cruisers, they might not care or notice, as an experienced cruiser, ho hum. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

It is time for a change.  They dabble here and there, for new cruisers, they might not care or notice, as an experienced cruiser, ho hum. 

Could not agree more.  Hoping that things will be slightly different on the Venezia when we sail on her next year.  At the very least, we'll get to sample the new Italian restaurant, the new Italian/Mexican fusion restaurant and the two new Italian inspired burgers at Guy's.  Here's hoping that there will be some major tweaks to the MDR menu.  An expansion of more than 1 dessert option each night would be a great start. (Besides of course, WCMC, ice cream, fruit and sugar free option)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Could not agree more.  Hoping that things will be slightly different on the Venezia when we sail on her next year.  At the very least, we'll get to sample the new Italian restaurant, the new Italian/Mexican fusion restaurant and the two new Italian inspired burgers at Guy's.  Here's hoping that there will be some major tweaks to the MDR menu.  An expansion of more than 1 dessert option each night would be a great start. (Besides of course, WCMC, ice cream, fruit and sugar free option)

I agree, while they have had other more important things to consider, it is time for a  change.  Take risks go some place new in terms of types of offerings.

• Like 2