Carnival Halloween Costume Suggestions

Looking for a few suggestions for a theme based halloween costume for our Venezia cruise this fall over Halloween.  

A gondola costume?  Id love to go as a Whale Tail but that eats up too much luggage space.  

I can imagine a lot of folks going NOLA style on the Mardi Gras.  Beads! 

The best costume I saw on my only Halloween cruise was a guy who had a curved shaped board, painted Army green, dressed in military attire.  He'd walk in, drop the board on the ground and stand on it in a military pose - like the old plastic Army-men figurines from generations ago.

A group did the characters from Wizard of Oz, there were the couples from The Flintstones, other creative costumes - but, for me, nobody outdid the Green Army Man.

10 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Muster Captain, all you need is a Muster baseball cap (cheap) and reflective vest.  You can point at people, demanding "Sir - no alcohol during muster!" and "Did you complete your Muster yet?  EVERYONE MUST MUSTER!"

Then you need a second person dressed all in yellow...🤣

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Muster Captain, all you need is a Muster baseball cap (cheap) and reflective vest.  You can point at people, demanding "Sir - no alcohol during muster!" and "Did you complete your Muster yet?  EVERYONE MUST MUSTER!"

16 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Then you need a second person dressed all in yellow...🤣

You could get a commercially available Mustard costume (might come with Ketchup) then add the hat and vest and go as the Mustard Captain! You could even go with a silly over the top sea captain hat that would hang off the mustard spout.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, havanadaydreaming said:

NOLA (beads) for Halloween hasn't been a big favorite.  The NOLA attire is worn for the actual Mardi Gras parade with the king and queen.  Halloween 2021 Colonel Sanders 🐔 and the Mrs. won the top prize .  They offer some bewitching cocktails !

Carnival Halloween drinks.jpg

Guest BasicSailor

I was gonna go as the Grand Ambassador one year. So, I told my roll call group and there was a suggestion about packing tomatoes. I decided to go as Captain Kangaroo instead.🙃

3 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

On my Halloween cruise a guy won one of the awards just wearing a blue button down and calling himself a lido waiter. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

I don't think Carnival would appreciate it if you take the door off of your stateroom to use as part of your costume. 

Listen you can be a rule follower or you can be a winner but you can’t be both 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, AFS1970 said:

You could get a commercially available Mustard costume (might come with Ketchup) then add the hat and vest and go as the Mustard Captain! You could even go with a silly over the top sea captain hat that would hang off the mustard spout.

The person in the Ketchup costume would need to stay a couple steps behind

We did a B2B on Odyssey of Seas over Halloween in 2021.  The first cruise ended on October 31st and the second started on that day.  They had a big Halloween party on the last night (the 30th) of the first cruise.  Our friend won best costume with his ONE NIGHT STAND costume.  The next day on the 1st day of the next cruise (actually on Halloween day), they had another big party.  The Cruise Director wore a version of the ONE NIGHT STAND costume for that one.  When we teased him about copying his costume, he said that he had planned it for weeks LOL.  

FYI - Both our friend's and the Cruise Director's costumes looked better than this packaged one:

Image result for one night stand costume

On 3/31/2023 at 4:54 PM, HappySails4U said:

NOLA (beads) for Halloween hasn't been a big favorite.  The NOLA attire is worn for the actual Mardi Gras parade with the king and queen.  Halloween 2021 Colonel Sanders 🐔 and the Mrs. won the top prize .  They offer some bewitching cocktails !

Carnival Halloween drinks.jpg

You mean these two?  They were awesome!

9B142DCF-E2C3-442A-86E5-90C5797A2E8D.jpeg

• Haha 1

On 3/31/2023 at 6:56 AM, havanadaydreaming said:

Looking for a few suggestions for a theme based halloween costume for our Venezia cruise this fall over Halloween.  

A gondola costume?  Id love to go as a Whale Tail but that eats up too much luggage space.  

We will be on this cruise also, and I’m looking to find a good one also! Luckily we have some time.