Table for 2 ?.

cambriah

Given that Covid will probably be with us forever, in some form, is it possible to be guaranteed a table for 2 at the time of the booking?

As a senior with some underlying medical conditions, I would like to minimize our exposure to crowds as much as possible.

I realize you probably have to take the elevator, have lunch in a crowded buffet and sit in a crowd at any of the shows.

But I would like to avoid crowds as much as possible and would be willing to adjust my normal cruise routine to accomplish this.

55 minutes ago, cambriah said:

Given that Covid will probably be with us forever, in some form, is it possible to be guaranteed a table for 2 at the time of the booking?

As a senior with some underlying medical conditions, I would like to minimize our exposure to crowds as much as possible.

I realize you probably have to take the elevator, have lunch in a crowded buffet and sit in a crowd at any of the shows.

But I would like to avoid crowds as much as possible and would be willing to adjust my normal cruise routine to accomplish this.

We are on Cunard and as soon as we book we contact Guest Relations behind confirmed booking and tell them our booking number and needs.

We never had a problem for 2.

1 hour ago, cambriah said:

We never arrange dining times/seating in advance.  We show up whenever we are ready, at whichever restaurant appeals (except for the occasional Specialty that does usually require reservations).

We have never had a problem requesting a two-top when we show up.  A few times, we were told there might be a few minute wait, and it's never been long at all.  And sometimes, we were told that IF we wanted to, we could be seated immediately at a larger table.  We've done that just a few times, and had a delightful dinner.

However, like you, we would *not* do that these days.

(We also aren't quite ready to return to cruising, either, however.)

GC

We always do “any time” dining and are always accommodate at a table just for us. Just avoid going during prime hours if you want to avoid a wait. 

It seems to me like many cruise lines have rearranged their dining rooms to accommodate more smaller tables, making it easier to get one. 

Unlikely at the time of booking. The process varies by cruise line.  On most cruise lines you can either make advance reservations or just show up and ask for a table for 2. Again on most lines, if you make a reservation for 2 it is assumed that you want a table for 2. Opting for "anytime" or "dine my way" makes this easier. If doing fixed dining times, you might have to make special arrangements to avoid being seated at a large shared table. 

This is a question you should ask your TA before booking if a shared table would be a deal breaker.

Your table for two is very likely to be within inches of another table for two

• Like 3

I have always been asked before being seating " how many in your party".  I then tell them I want a table for two, no sharing.  Sometimes we are seated at a special table for two, sometimes we are seated at a table for 4 that has been separated into two tables.  Expect to be within talking distance of other diners.  Feel free to wear your mask if you choose.  Most won't be wearing a mask, but you won't feel odd if you choose to wear one.   Also, I think somewhere in Guest Info page, there is usually a place for dining options and times ( depending on the cruise line) where you can input dining table requirement.  Either way, go to the Restaurant Guest Services once you get on board and tell them you want a table for two.

• Like 2