Current procedure when driving to and parking at the Manhattan cruise terminal.

boscobeans

1 hour ago, boscobeans said:

When driving to and parking at the terminal what is the current procedure as far as luggage and availability of porters ?

Easiest is to drive directly to the parking deck level on the terminal roof . There are often porters there that can take your luggage. If not just take your luggage down the elevator 1 level to the check in area.

If you were to drop off your bags first at the check in level you'd have to then exit the cruise terminal drive back north on 12th Ave to 55th St. and reenter the cruise terminal in order to drive up to the parking area.

We’ve never lucked into getting a porter in the parking lot, but it was manageable getting our luggage into the freight elevator and bringing it to porters down below. You definitely don’t want to drop off luggage with the porters first because you will need to drive a loop to get back to the port.

I've gotten a Porter by the elevator on the parking deck when he was taking bags of a debarking family. I also just dropped the bags and most of my family at the elevator and parked the car. Walked back and went to ground level to turn over the bags to the Porters.

The last two times we've sailed from MCT there were a bunch of porters right after you were checked into the parking lot by the "puppy".  You could drop your bags and passengers right there, one person could go park the car and come back to go a floor down to check in.  Easy Peasy.   

19 hours ago, Pat said:

The last two times we've sailed from MCT there were a bunch of porters right after you were checked into the parking lot by the "puppy".  You could drop your bags and passengers right there, one person could go park the car and come back to go a floor down to check in.  Easy Peasy.   

Thanks Pat.

• 1 month later...
On 4/5/2023 at 2:41 PM, njhorseman said:

If you were to drop off your bags first at the check in level you'd have to then exit the cruise terminal drive back north on 12th Ave to 55th St. and reenter the cruise terminal in order to drive up to the parking area.

I made this mistake my first time out. Its a pain in the (_(_)

As stated, you have to pull back onto 9A northbound, make a Uturn to 9A southbound and drive up to the lot.

Just prepaid our parking. Dropped off luggage with porters on the 3rd level and me and my scooter there at the elevator. Hubby parked and then I rode my scooter down in the elevator, thru check-in and onto the ship. Easy, peasy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peg013 said:

Just prepaid our parking. Dropped off luggage with porters on the 3rd level and me and my scooter there at the elevator. Hubby parked and then I rode my scooter down in the elevator, thru check-in and onto the ship. Easy, peasy!

Great help!  Have an awesome trip!

• Like 1