Quite a few latish bargains back again - less than £50 pp per night

Harry Peterson

1 hour ago, Hampshire Steve said:

Inspired by this post and another regarding prices I checked our cruise to Canada September this year and found it was worth me cancelling our current booking, losing our booked onboard deposit of £100 to then re-book exact same cruise in the exact same cabin for a saving of just over £1,000 from our original booking.

Thank you!

We did the same a few weeks ago with our USA/Canada cruise.  Except that we re-booked for an Early Saver balcony.  Was cheaper than our original inside cabin, and the lost OBC wasn't much in the first place.  Originally booked on board as well, so only £100 deposit to be lose.

I have just received an email from TA (beastly) advertising around Britain cruise on Britannia in June for £43 pp per night. Albeit not the most inspiring of itineraries you wouldn't get B&B at the coast for that price.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I have just received an email from TA (beastly) advertising around Britain cruise on Britannia in June for £43 pp per night. Albeit not the most inspiring of itineraries you wouldn't get B&B at the coast for that price.

Agreed 

The going rate for a decent b and b now in a decent town or resort is 50 per person approx

More in some places

Edited by Interestedcruisefan

15 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Also I reckon most people on here if they properly worked out what they spend on food, electric, heat, petrol and general weekly living costs are spending closer to 43 per person per night than they realise

It's honestly getting to the stage where inside saver cruising is cheaper than living at home

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Agreed 

The going rate for a decent b and b now in a decent town or resort is 50 per person approx

More in some places

Agreed! I run a B&B on the coast and my cheapest rooms are £99 a night B&B for 2 🙂

• Like 2

5 hours ago, swanseaboy said:

Agreed! I run a B&B on the coast and my cheapest rooms are £99 a night B&B for 2 🙂

I'm sure yours is a top notch establishment with lots of guest who return often.....But when they wake up from a restful nights sleep they are still in Swansea.🤣

16 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I'm sure yours is a top notch establishment with lots of guest who return often.....But when they wake up from a restful nights sleep they are still in Swansea.🤣

I like Swansea.  We had a couple of holidays on the nearby Gower Peninsular when our son was still at school.  It is a beautiful area.

Edited by tring
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, tring said:

I like Swansea.  We had a couple of holidays on the nearby Gower Peninsular when our son was still at school.  It is a beautiful area.

I'm sure it's a great place to visit, but it doesn't move about much does it.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Christmas/New Year in the Caribbean is clearly selling well this year.

They were doing some exceptional deals a few months back. We bagged an aft cabin on Arvia with that wake view, 14 day Caribbean next Jan. With the OBC it was no different than a last minute dreaded deck 8 BC saver last Jan.

We only do warm weather cruises and balcony cabins. I guess inside cold weather cruises are hard to fill but I think that's always been the case. Personally I couldn't think of anything worse but I appreciate some folk will embrace it.  

For the same price, yes I'd rather do a 4 nighter B&B in Devon than chugging up to Amsterdam against a stiff northerly. Horses for courses.  

10 hours ago, zap99 said:

Mumbles not Swansea 😉

10 hours ago, doog442 said:

They were doing some exceptional deals a few months back. We bagged an aft cabin on Arvia with that wake view, 14 day Caribbean next Jan. With the OBC it was no different than a last minute dreaded deck 8 BC saver last Jan.

We only do warm weather cruises and balcony cabins. I guess inside cold weather cruises are hard to fill but I think that's always been the case. Personally I couldn't think of anything worse but I appreciate some folk will embrace it.  

For the same price, yes I'd rather do a 4 nighter B&B in Devon than chugging up to Amsterdam against a stiff northerly. Horses for courses.  

I would highly recommend a brilliant B&B in Mumbles ( that's the Swansea riviera ).

• Haha 1

Three Cliffs Bay a little way from Mumbles is spectacular.  We stayed in an older B&B (from where they did horse trekking) both times we went.  It was along a private lane/driveway through woodland and there was a public footpath to Three Cliffs Bay - we often walked there in the evening after dinner.  Mumbles is the main resort on Gower, but some quieter places there too. 

I suspect where we stayed will be a quite pricey hotel now,.if it is still a holiday accommodation venue.  It had a lovely garden area, surrounded by natural woodland.

On 4/9/2023 at 1:07 AM, Valfan said:

I couldn't agree more. After years of booking things at launch, I've not even looked at the last two P&O new season launches, and I won't do so ever again. I go on Arcadia this Thursday but the price has plummeted to £880 less than I've paid and that's just for the cheapest inside cabin. I can't work up any enthusiasm for the cruise at all. I feel used and taken for a mug.

Valfan I am so sorry this has happened to you, I sent an email to P and O saying how disgusted we were about our cruise being reduced and OBC much more than we had.

We received an email back saying they have now increased our OBC.

It may be worth a telephone call to show your disgust.

I hope you do enjoy your Cruise

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Holidayfun141 said:

Valfan I am so sorry this has happened to you, I sent an email to P and O saying how disgusted we were about our cruise being reduced and OBC much more than we had.

We received an email back saying they have now increased our OBC.

It may be worth a telephone call to show your disgust.

I hope you do enjoy your Cruise

Thanks. It's very near sail date now. It sails on Thursday and I'm already staying down south at a friend's house an hour or so from Southampton. But I suppose I could try sending P&O an email from "disgusted of Edinburgh" to try my luck OBC-wise. Mind you, they've already given me the £100 sweetener OBC that a lot of people have had in recent months to try to encourage us to pay balances. It was added a month before balance due date.

Did you just use the "Send us a message" thing on their website, or is there a specific email address I should use? If they take a long time to answer emails I suppose I could be back from the cruise before they even deal with it. But may be worth a try. Thanks.

27 minutes ago, Valfan said:

Thanks. It's very near sail date now. It sails on Thursday and I'm already staying down south at a friend's house an hour or so from Southampton. But I suppose I could try sending P&O an email from "disgusted of Edinburgh" to try my luck OBC-wise. Mind you, they've already given me the £100 sweetener OBC that a lot of people have had in recent months to try to encourage us to pay balances. It was added a month before balance due date.

Did you just use the "Send us a message" thing on their website, or is there a specific email address I should use? If they take a long time to answer emails I suppose I could be back from the cruise before they even deal with it. But may be worth a try. Thanks.

On 4/10/2023 at 1:21 PM, Interestedcruisefan said:

Also I reckon most people on here if they properly worked out what they spend on food, electric, heat, petrol and general weekly living costs are spending closer to 43 per person per night than they realise

It's honestly getting to the stage where inside saver cruising is cheaper than living at home

If only the Internet was fast enough & reliable enough to 'work from home' 😂

• Like 2

On 4/10/2023 at 9:54 PM, tring said:

I went to Swansea a few years ago. It was shut....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I booked yesterday to sail on Arcadia (going for the itinerary not ship facilities!) in August, 16 nights in a balcony for 3 of us is £1065 each - I nearly booked a couple of weeks ago and it was £1200 pp then but had to wait to confirm I could get the time off work.  Really pleased with the price and can't wait to sail.

It is very annoying when the price drops to less than you've paid and I feel people should then be compensated e.g. OBC

• Like 7

Currently it feels like 2023 will go down in history as one of the best times to book a cruise, we're just back from a T/A (Arvia) which, including flight, cost us less than £100/night per person all in (parking/insurance/on-board spend included). We've another med cruise booked for October which will be similar, if not less (depends on how much we drink), and I'm very tempted to try an squeeze in a Fjords cruise this year with the deals that are currently floating around. I can't remember anytime in the past 10 years when cruising offered such great value. I travel a bit with work and would struggle to find accommodation alone at the rates we're being offered for an all-inclusive cruise.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Cruise_Rookie_2010 said:

Currently it feels like 2023 will go down in history as one of the best times to book a cruise, we're just back from a T/A (Arvia) which, including flight, cost us less than £100/night per person all in (parking/insurance/on-board spend included). We've another med cruise booked for October which will be similar, if not less (depends on how much we drink), and I'm very tempted to try an squeeze in a Fjords cruise this year with the deals that are currently floating around. I can't remember anytime in the past 10 years when cruising offered such great value. I travel a bit with work and would struggle to find accommodation alone at the rates we're being offered for an all-inclusive cruise.

Spot on