Celebrity newbie Equinox

PatandStu

58 minutes ago, WebberGirl said:

We were told just go talk to the Maitre Dee and he can adjust our time to be able to eat earlier

LOL--- The Maitre'D will be pleased to change your time --- a little " Thank You $$$ " will guarantee it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, PatandStu said:

When can we book a specialty restaurant? We don’t want the package, just one dinner. 
Pat

You would have  to log in to your Celebrity account and go into your Mange Reservation , than click on 

Plan my cruise, the dinner option will be there 

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

You would have  to log in to your Celebrity account and go into your Mange Reservation , than click on 

Plan my cruise, the dinner option will be there 

I don’t see an option to book a restaurant, only to buy a dining package. Do I have to wait till after final payment? 

45 minutes ago, PatandStu said:

I don’t see an option to book a restaurant, only to buy a dining package. Do I have to wait till after final payment? 

I am able to book a restaurant for a cruise we have book in November 

but we usually wait until we are on the ship for a bigger discount 

IMG_2886.thumb.jpeg.070662acc6f9c471a6e99f0bd6430d90.jpeg

29 minutes ago, PatandStu said:

Bigger discount onboard? That’s different than the photo you posted that clearly says “always lower than on board”. 

If they are not selling , waiters walk around trying to sell dinners at a discount

But it is like anything , it is a gamble , it could be sold out 

At regular price I think they are way overpriced 

Equinox has been kind of a hidden gem in the fleet. When she was new, she had all the best of the best in Celebrity.

They are sadly neglecting her for "today are hard days" reasons, and it´s a friggin shame. 

However, if xou don´t know what she once was, you will have a good time and a ship to remember. Try to catch Concierge Class, the staterooms are modernized.

1 hour ago, Nemanoxer said:

Equinox has been kind of a hidden gem in the fleet. When she was new, she had all the best of the best in Celebrity.

They are sadly neglecting her for "today are hard days" reasons, and it´s a friggin shame. 

However, if xou don´t know what she once was, you will have a good time and a ship to remember. Try to catch Concierge Class, the staterooms are modernized.

When was the last time you were on Equinox?  We have been on the ship 6 times with the last time in October, 2022 and a B2B planned for September.  It’s our favorite ship!  It’s beautiful, well taken care of and the crew are always the best.  Yes, it has not been fully revolutionized but who wants all the sterile looking Kelly H stuff?  I love the homey vibe better.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bjahil47 said:

When was the last time you were on Equinox?  We have been on the ship 6 times with the last time in October, 2022 and a B2B planned for September.  It’s our favorite ship!  It’s beautiful, well taken care of and the crew are always the best.  Yes, it has not been fully revolutionized but who wants all the sterile looking Kelly H stuff?  I love the homey vibe better.  

Agreed. Admittedly we book Aqua class partly for the refurbished rooms but the rest of the ship was lovely when we were on in September.  Well with the exception of those awful throne chairs in Al Bacio.  Those I could do without.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I am able to book a restaurant for a cruise we have book in November 

but we usually wait until we are on the ship for a bigger discount 

IMG_2886.thumb.jpeg.070662acc6f9c471a6e99f0bd6430d90.jpeg

I did it online but they only had 4 or 8 nights.  On board they had many night choices but at a slightly higher price.  But with the price the add a 20% tip.   We had 4 nights and Morano’s was better than the Tuscan.  The menu does not change so eating one time a Tuscan and 3 at Morano’s would work.  Saw. lots of people getting the lobster for one person and the other the steak cut for two people and sharing.  The sides there are the best.    

2 hours ago, skCC34607 said:

I did it online but they only had 4 or 8 nights.  On board they had many night choices but at a slightly higher price.  But with the price the add a 20% tip.   We had 4 nights and Morano’s was better than the Tuscan.  The menu does not change so eating one time a Tuscan and 3 at Morano’s would work.  Saw. lots of people getting the lobster for one person and the other the steak cut for two people and sharing.  The sides there are the best.    

We usually cruise TAs so you looking at 14 nights so there a lot more availability 

Booked Murano for a sea night. Took all our onboard credit & then some.  Hopefully it lives up to its reputation. 
Booked a golf cart for Bonaire. 
Now, need advice on the best beach on Aruba. 
thanks everyone for all the help so far. 
Pat 

• Like 1

One more quick question: does celebrity punch holes in the key card? On our last NCL cruise they did not, and we found it a nuisance to take it out of the Amazon holders we bought so cards could be swiped at each bar and restaurant. I don’t like carrying a purse and not all my sundresses have pockets. 

On 4/17/2023 at 10:21 AM, Nemanoxer said:

We were on Equinox in January.  I thought it was in very good shape.  

4 hours ago, PatandStu said:

One more quick question: does celebrity punch holes in the key card? On our last NCL cruise they did not, and we found it a nuisance to take it out of the Amazon holders we bought so cards could be swiped at each bar and restaurant. I don’t like carrying a purse and not all my sundresses have pockets. 

They don't punch holes... I think there is an issue with the risk of hitting a chip in the card. I usually give my card to my husband to carry when I don't have a purse. 

We did the ABC islands cruise on the Equinox in August 2021 and loved the ship; we had upgraded to a Retreat Sky Suite with the extra FCC we got for 2 canceled Covid cruises. We will be back on her in June with our granddaughter. Since you have a drinks package make sure to visit the martini bar, it is a really good show and good drinks.

I believe they stopped punching sail cards, but you can check it out at guest services when you board.

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

We will be back on her in June with our granddaughter. 

DH and I will be on the same cruise. I’m a Celebrity n00b and he is an ex-U.S. Navy guy I’m dragging along scowling all the way. I’m hoping when we get on board he will realize how great cruising is. I love this thread - great information!

9 minutes ago, iTownPrincess said:

DH and I will be on the same cruise. I’m a Celebrity n00b and he is an ex-U.S. Navy guy I’m dragging along scowling all the way. I’m hoping when we get on board he will realize how great cruising is. I love this thread - great information!

If you are on the June 4th Equinox cruise, you should join our CC roll call for the cruise at:

Just got off the Equinox Grand Cayman and ABC cruise.  One of our best ever.  The only thing I'd say is not that great was the entertainment.  Some stuff was good.... other's kind of awful.  lol

The ship is in great shape overall.  Little stuff like the wood on the balconies needs a lot of attention but it didn't deter from a great cruise.  otherwise she's looking good!

Hopefully this will lead you to my review... 

Edited by Duanerice1

Pat and Stu,

You can buy clear plastic card holders on Amazon to put your sail card in and then clip the card holder to a lanyard for example.

As for Aruba, One Happy Island, top beaches are:

Eagle Beach - recently name 2nd best beach in the world, close to the ships, busy.

Palm Beach Beach - more relaxing than Eagle Beach, taxi is $15 each way.

Arashi - nice beach and snorkeling.

Someone mentioned the Chef's Table, if it is offered on the cruise I understand it can only be booked onboard.

Have a great cruise!

We sailed on the Equinox in March 2023….agree with recommendation to get plastic holder for lanyard, as all the lanyard wearers had them, which told me Celebrity was no longer punching holes in the sea passes.

We were able to purchase Chefs Table on line prior to the cruise, and it was awesome. We had a delightful group of fellow passengers (9 of us total); and it was held in private dining room in Murano. We met in Craft Social to start for champagne and intro to head chef, who gave us a galley tour (during dinner service!-amazing to see it in action) on our way to dinner. I believe they held Chef’s Table twice on our cruise.

I have a couple of Equinox questions if I may.  What kind of on demand TV options in your room, do they have seasons of sitcoms, a selection of movies, etc?  We cruise on Princess a lot and really like all the various options.

Also, someone who responded to a comment I made on the Princess forums says that Celebrity has changed and now room service has a charge 24/7?  And you can no longer order form the MDR menu for room service?  Is that true?  

26 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Also, someone who responded to a comment I made on the Princess forums says that Celebrity has changed and now room service has a charge 24/7?  And you can no longer order form the MDR menu for room service?  Is that true?  

Finally got search to give me some results, so I have the answer to this.  Wouldn't let me edit the question.  This, to me, is a sad change.