What beverages can be carried onto RCI ships?

In the “olden days” we were allowed to bring soda onto RCI ships, as well as 2 bottles of wine or champagne pp. I know one can still bring wine or a certain amount of bottled water. Haven’t brought any beverages on in some years,  though we have cruised many times. 

Are soft drinks (soda) allowed these days? If so, how much?  Hoping someone knows for sure. 

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

12 bottles or cans of nonalcoholic drinks up to 500 ml per cabin.

And 1 bottle of 750 ml wine for each person of drinking age.

Yes the soda or water is up to 17 oz. Lol 500 ml not sure the oz but assume its 17 oz.

Carry on only

• Like 1

If  you bring more than 12 bottles of soda and water are they really going to turn it away?  I've read it depends on the port that they just let it slide?  Any examples of this? And also does the freestyle machines have water to refill bottles and sports bottles we bring on?

Edited by Ravensfan1973

1 minute ago, Ravensfan1973 said:

I've read it depends on the port that they just let it slide?

Yes, even within a port like Cape Liberty, you can have one line that is strict and another that lets things slide - very much staff dependent.

Edited by Biker19
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bead Pirate said:

On Mariner (again) right now. Brought on 12 of the small Clamato Juice cans. (Royal never has Clamato anymore so we just bring our own for the morning Bloody Ceasar). 

We just came off of Serenade and I was pleasantly surprised that the pool bar had stocked plenty of Clamato for our morning Caesars!! Woot! Woot! We'll board the Mariner in October, so now wondering if I should bring some, as well.🤔 Maybe if you ask, they will start stocking it better; doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks!

We were on Allure last April and again in October for a B2B on both trips. We had no problem bringing on 3 - 12 packs of coke each time and 4 bottles of wine however 2 bottles were taken on entry but was waiting in our cabin when the 2nd cruise started. I'm going to try it again in 2 weeks on our Transatlantic cruise 3-12 packs and 2 bottles of wine this time.

Thanks to everyone for the info! I should keep up with this stuff more. So it’s 12 non alcoholic drinks per cabin “officially” and not pp. my brother and his girlfriend recently each brought 12 bottles of water onto a celebrity ship out of Fort Lauderdale. But honestly, who would really care about that? I’ve heard sometimes it depends on the captain as to whether or not such things are enforced, but I have no idea where did that is true or not.

12 hours ago, Ravensfan1973 said:

If  you bring more than 12 bottles of soda and water are they really going to turn it away?  I've read it depends on the port that they just let it slide?  Any examples of this? And also does the freestyle machines have water to refill bottles and sports bottles we bring on?

Counted my 12 Bottles Pop and other passengers. Seen some throw extras away and few take extras back to car. This Tampa, FLL, LA and Boston. All but Boston in last 10 months

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1