Does it make sense to book the steakhouse for the night before disembarkation

tc-cruise

Thank you and good to know.

I noticed many things tend to wrap up earlier in the last night to prepare for disembarkation. I never tried any specialty restaurant, however. 

One more question,  does Carnival allow ordering more than one appetizer/entree in the specialty? I know you have to pay extra for the 3rd in MDR. 

Edited by tc-cruise

We did Teppanyaki the last night recently on Mardi Gras, and it was great; no difference from any other visit.

We liked booking the specialty restaurant the last night—it gave us something to look forward to! We packed up in the late afternoon, so had a nice, carefree last evening.

3 hours ago, tc-cruise said:

One more question,  does Carnival allow ordering more than one appetizer/entree in the specialty? I know you have to pay extra for the 3rd in MDR. 

You can get more than one appetizer, but only one entrée.  This is consistent with ground-side steak restaurants.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pellaz said:

You can get more than one appetizer, but only one entrée.  This is consistent with ground-side steak restaurants.  

Hmmmmmm..... the last time I ate in the Steakhouse I asked about a second appetizer and was told no.  There must be some inconsistency across the different ships.

53 minutes ago, groundloop said:

Hmmmmmm..... the last time I ate in the Steakhouse I asked about a second appetizer and was told no.  There must be some inconsistency across the different ships.

I have gotten a soup and an app, or a salad an app, but not sure I have gotten 2 "apps"... I know they are all the same, but the last time this happened was March of 2022.

• Like 1

We did the steakhouse on the last night of our Mardi Gras sailing in March. I was allowed to get an app and the soup, but the server did suggest that I only get one side or it would be too much. She was right. I was stuffed! It was so delicious though. We had wonderful food and service. 

My experience doing specialty dining on the last night of the cruise has always been very enjoyable. No difference in service or quality. It’s a nice way to wrap up the cruise, unless you really need to go to the MDR on the last night for all the farewell hoopla. 

I just read this out of curiosity. I would not do specialty dining on the last night because I get tired of eating after the third day or so. The thought of that much food is just not appealing to me by then.  Obviously I am in the minority!

Several years ago we booked the Steakhouse on the first night of a 7 day as well as the last.  The service was just as good in both instances, and the only thing that was different was the crab cakes the first night were nice and fresh and the last night tasted a little bit old and fishy.  I guess that is to be expected.

We typically always book the last night because 1) it cheers me up when I'm depressed about the cruise being over, and 2) the menu usually isn't good that night.  It's always the night they do the baked Alaska which I don't like, and there really isn't another good option. I wait until I'm on board to book, though, just to review the menus so that I'm sure I'm booking the night that isn't appealing in the MDR, but it's almost always that last night.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cruising_Addict said:

We typically always book the last night because 1) it cheers me up when I'm depressed about the cruise being over, and 2) the menu usually isn't good that night.  It's always the night they do the baked Alaska which I don't like, and there really isn't another good option. I wait until I'm on board to book, though, just to review the menus so that I'm sure I'm booking the night that isn't appealing in the MDR, but it's almost always that last night.

I could eat Baked Alaska every day and nothing else for the whole cruise!  It's the only dessert I eat when cruising...but it is nice to do Steakhouse on the final night!