If you don't laugh you'd cry...

Silver Claire

Received an 'important update to your cruise' email from Azamara last night.

Dear Azamara Guest,

In just a few days you will be embarking on Azamara Pursuit sailing on April 15, 2023.  We are reaching out to you today to let you know that we had to make a necessary last-minute change to your itinerary. 

It's important to note that the security and political situation in Israel is complex and can change rapidly. While the country has taken steps to ensure the safety of its citizens and travelers, travel advisories as well as agents and security firms currently advise against visiting these areas at this time. 

Only issue is we are sailing on the Quest from Tokyo on the 18th of April... 

• Haha 4

Phew! 🤣

Dear Azamara Guest,

We are writing to apologize for any confusion or inconvenience caused by the email you received from us yesterday that was not related to your upcoming cruise. We understand that this email was sent in error and did not contain the information you were expecting. 

We would like to assure you that your upcoming cruise with us is still on schedule, and we are looking forward to providing you with a wonderful experience.  

Please disregard the previous email and do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns about your upcoming cruise. You can visit https://www.azamara.com/contact-us for your local Azamara call center number.   

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your understanding in this matter.  

Sincerely,

AZAMARA®

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Silver Claire said:

Phew! 🤣

Dear Azamara Guest,

We are writing to apologize for any confusion or inconvenience caused by the email you received from us yesterday that was not related to your upcoming cruise. We understand that this email was sent in error and did not contain the information you were expecting. 

We would like to assure you that your upcoming cruise with us is still on schedule, and we are looking forward to providing you with a wonderful experience.  

Please disregard the previous email and do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns about your upcoming cruise. You can visit https://www.azamara.com/contact-us for your local Azamara call center number.   

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your understanding in this matter.  

Sincerely,

AZAMARA®

Did you try calling the local call centre 🙂 🙂 🙂 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Too many mistakes.  How many of us are being asked for more money when we have been paid in full for months?  We are sailing in less than 3 weeks and none of this has been corrected.

Asked for, or or just the wrong balance showing if you look?

• Like 5

Asked for with a "pay now" link.  Until you pay their erroneous amount, you can't get any further on the web site.  What worries me is that the "Paid in full" invoice was removed to be replaced with this nonsense.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Asked for with a "pay now" link.  Until you pay their erroneous amount, you can't get any further on the web site.  What worries me is that the "Paid in full" invoice was removed to be replaced with this nonsense.

You’ve got (or should have) your receipts, either from the credit card company or your bank, to prove that you’re paid in full, which is the most important part. As far as I can see, you can’t get any further anyway. I wouldn’t pay any extra, because that is going to cause all sorts of new problems if you pay twice. I’d wait until things get straightened out if the cruise is in the future, or until I board if the cruise is imminent. There is pretty much nothing you can do now on the website that can’t be done later, or once you are on board. I’m not hearing that those with a zero balance showing are able to get a boarding pass or luggage tags, or book excursions, drink packages, etc, either.

Edited by lisiamc
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, lisiamc said:

You’ve got (or should have) your receipts, either from the credit card company or your bank, to prove that you’re paid in full, which is the most important part. As far as I can see, you can’t get any further anyway. I wouldn’t pay any extra, because that is going to cause all sorts of new problems if you pay twice. 

Pay extra? No way are they going to get a cent more from me.  The cruise is less than 3 weeks away and as I've said before, I'm not happy having to fly to Singapore worrying that I may not be able to board.

Yes I have my Amex statement copied. 

I'm waiting to hear from a cruiser who is on our cruise and the one before which sails on Tuesday.  He/she also owes more money, having paid in full.

I wrote them a letter the other day.  it will be interesting to see if I hear back.  Thanks for your advice.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Pay extra? No way are they going to get a cent more from me.  The cruise is less than 3 weeks away and as I've said before, I'm not happy having to fly to Singapore worrying that I may not be able to board.

Yes I have my Amex statement copied. 

I'm waiting to hear from a cruiser who is on our cruise and the one before which sails on Tuesday.  He/she also owes more money, having paid in full.

I wrote them a letter the other day.  it will be interesting to see if I hear back.  Thanks for your advice.

I am sure all will go well for you. There have been other cruisers on recent cruises who have a similarly confused account, and they have had no problems. In your shoes, I would also have stress, but only because I am good at worrying and stressing. I hope you have a great time!

• Like 1

We are absolute Azamara devotes, and I'm getting just a bit worried. I understand computer glitches, but it has been more than a month since Azamara was supposed to be operational and separate from RC. There is much too much in the way of breakdowns, miscommunications, loss of data for this to be good! We've been traveling with Aza since 2010. Going into the slick new website, I am not recognized as a passenger, my current reservations are nowhere to be found, and the Cost*&^^ website where I made my reservations shows that I still have an outstanding balance on one of the B2Bs of $56. It's off by about 3 Grand. I'm starting to get worried, we said in 6 months..

• Like 1

So -

I was just looking at available shore excursions for our upcoming Athens to Venice cruise and there are not one, not two, not three, but four - yes, FOUR - post cruise excursions listed for Athens!

Looking forward to arriving at the Port of Piraeus, and then heading right back to the airport!

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, LT Hambone said:

So -

I was just looking at available shore excursions for our upcoming Athens to Venice cruise and there are not one, not two, not three, but four - yes, FOUR - post cruise excursions listed for Athens!

Looking forward to arriving at the Port of Piraeus, and then heading right back to the airport!

Same for our cruise that starts in Dubai. I reckon there’s some sort OV algorithm that just pulls in any excursion from any of the ports listed on the itinerary, including the embarkation port. I guess the same excursions show up on the previous cruise.

Also -

We booked a post cruise excursion for Venice. If we look under our booked excursions, yup, it's there! But if I look at available Shore Excursions - nope, nothing is listed for Venice.

Two years ago when Sycamore purchased Azamara, we all knew the day would come when Azamara would have to cut the apron strings with RCL. What we didn't know was how comical the results would be!

On 4/14/2023 at 8:30 PM, TeaBag said:

Too many mistakes.  How many of us are being asked for more money when we have been paid in full for months?  We are sailing in less than 3 weeks and none of this has been corrected.

Being asked for more money is one thing. In my case I was overcharged $3,182.40 by mistake (Azamara's mistake - so far unexplained but most likely IT/systems based) when my TA called in final payment due. It was during the short window when the new Azamara system did not allow my TA to run the charge herself and a "highly qualified Azamara employee" ran the charge (with the overcharge). This has remained unresolved and it is impossible to get any type of update or timeline for a resolution. $3,182.40 is a substantial enough mistake to take immediate action and resolve it for a loyal customer who has sailed with the brand 37 time (33 of which, I hate to repeat it - in top ten suites).

55 minutes ago, CHTobi said:

Being asked for more money is one thing. In my case I was overcharged $3,182.40 by mistake (Azamara's mistake - so far unexplained but most likely IT/systems based) when my TA called in final payment due. It was during the short window when the new Azamara system did not allow my TA to run the charge herself and a "highly qualified Azamara employee" ran the charge (with the overcharge). This has remained unresolved and it is impossible to get any type of update or timeline for a resolution. $3,182.40 is a substantial enough mistake to take immediate action and resolve it for a loyal customer who has sailed with the brand 37 time (33 of which, I hate to repeat it - in top ten suites).

Wow, well at least you live in San Francisco!  I "owe" $5,800 and in our poor crumpled CDN dollar that's over $8,000.  I know it will be fixed when we board, by head office but what bugs me right now is that I can't get past the "pay now" to see anything else.

I am appalled at how they are treating you, a very loyal customer.  This cruise we are on, sails May 5 and it is only our second.

1 hour ago, CHTobi said:

Was it paid on your credit card? If so you should be able to make a claim with them,

• Like 2