Check in 'Selfie Photo' Question, Plus Show Reservation Question

Hello,

I am checked in as far as arrival time, but need to complete the process this weekend when I have more time.  Do you really need to TAKE a selfie for the picture portion, or can you just use a picture you already have?  If you have to take a new one, does it allow you the option to redo it if it comes out bad or your eyes are closed or whatever?

I reserved the shows for my family, and my sister's family, but my other siblings did not reserve  The shows all appear to be full now, but I thought I read that you can reserve shows once you get close enough in the port to connect to ship wifi?  Is this correct or do you need to wait to board and go to guest services?  Do they definitely 'save' some seats for people to reserve once they board?

If some of us who have reserved shows don't want to go, how can we have other family members go instead?  Is there a way to reassign the reservation under a different name?  Or would the one who has the reservation have to go with that person and do it at the theatre door, or give them their seapass?

Thank you!

14 minutes ago, allyfree said:

You need to take a picture but you can go in and change it later ...

No, you don’t NEED to take a picture.  They’ll take it at the port, takes a few seconds.

And I think as long as the number is correct, I don’t think they care who goes.

Edited by poocher
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Katems75 said:

Hello,

I am checked in as far as arrival time, but need to complete the process this weekend when I have more time.  Do you really need to TAKE a selfie for the picture portion, or can you just use a picture you already have?  If you have to take a new one, does it allow you the option to redo it if it comes out bad or your eyes are closed or whatever?

I reserved the shows for my family, and my sister's family, but my other siblings did not reserve  The shows all appear to be full now, but I thought I read that you can reserve shows once you get close enough in the port to connect to ship wifi?  Is this correct or do you need to wait to board and go to guest services?  Do they definitely 'save' some seats for people to reserve once they board?

If some of us who have reserved shows don't want to go, how can we have other family members go instead?  Is there a way to reassign the reservation under a different name?  Or would the one who has the reservation have to go with that person and do it at the theatre door, or give them their seapass?

Thank you!

Just let your family member have your sea pass card to get into the show, and then buy a few drinks. Seats are usually still available for shows after you board. There is always a line for non reservations at the door, the showrooms are open to everyone about 10 minutes before show time. There is usually a section of seats reserved for D+ and Key holders, those seats also open to everyone 10 minutes before showtime. 

. . 

32 minutes ago, Katems75 said:

You can use a picture you already have, the app will have a profile that you put over the picture to center the part you want.  It is easy to do.  If you decide to do a selfie, you can retake it.  You can also reverse the camera in the app and have someone take the picture for you so you don't have to do a selfie.  That can be redone too if it doesn't come out well.

4 hours ago, Katems75 said:

I haven't taken a selfie in my last 3 cruises.  Not sure if it even adds 10 seconds at the port.