How long does it take for your PVP to get back to you?

suzk2275a

My pvp ALWAYS responds to me by the end of the day, and not necessarily her work day either! She may not be able to address my particular need due to regular business hours, but she calls and says she will call me first thing. I’ve had her call me at 9 pm just to let me know she got my message. If it’s something really urgent she’ll do what she can.

• Like 2

Pretty quickly.  If she can’t immediately, then she sends me an email or text telling me that she’s with a client and will call when she’s finished.  

No more putting cruises on hold if PVP is expecting to get credit.  

I guess you could put it on hold, then take it off hold after you get your PVP on the phone.  

The way cruises have been getting booked lately and changing by the hour, I would expect a call back soon if you’ve had this PVP for a while.  

• Like 1

Ours gets back within minutes - the latest within the hour.  She is fantastic.  If for some reason she is on vacation she leaves the name of a backup pvp to call.  This happened when I booked my upcoming cruise, but I just waited until she returned (1 day later) to book.  We can even call her on weekends on her cell, though again I don't want to bother her on her days off, so I wait until Monday.

Edited by pe4all
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, pe4all said:

She is fantastic.  If for some reason she is on vacation she leaves the name of a backup pvp to call.

Yup. This.   I love my PVP too.  

Ooooo!   Maybe we have the same one!😁

• Like 1

My PVP also responds very quickly, usually within 10 minutes.  Even if he’s out of the office, he texts to let me know and if it’s something urgent he says go to ahead and call Carnival’s 1-800 number.  Otherwise he calls me first thing the next morning.

1 hour ago, UGACamper said:

Mine hasn’t responded to me at all since the restart. I gave up. 

You can and should ask for a new one.  Are you sure they are still there? Many (most?) left the company.

Mine has sometimes been a struggle to get him to respond, although if it's a new booking and you message him with "urgent" in the subject line he says he'll get back to you that day.

He's good, but he's in high demand and sometimes my non-urgent requests have required multiple contact attempts before he's gotten back to me.

I am extremely happy with my PVP and consider her a reason I choose Carnival. I have peace of mind knowing I am being taken care of. She always responds to my email or phone message immediately or within an hour.  If Carnival did away with the PVP...I will be done with Carnival. Just an FYI, I am not happy Carnival recently pulled a dirty trick by not allowing Guests to hold a room online and then call their PVP to iron discuss and iron out a booking. 

On 4/14/2023 at 10:16 PM, pe4all said:

Ours gets back within minutes - the latest within the hour.  She is fantastic.  If for some reason she is on vacation she leaves the name of a backup pvp to call.  This happened when I booked my upcoming cruise, but I just waited until she returned (1 day later) to book.  We can even call her on weekends on her cell, though again I don't want to bother her on her days off, so I wait until Monday.

Ours, too. Can't praise her enough.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2023 at 1:22 PM, audcc77 said:

No more putting cruises on hold if PVP is expecting to get credit.  

I guess you could put it on hold, then take it off hold after you get your PVP on the phone.  

Ours gets back to us within the hour usually.  Even on his days off.   I wouldn't trade him for the world. I have never had to wait more than 3 hours to hear from him.  I know he is extremely busy.   Per the information above, Our PVP confirmed that if we want him to get the credit, we should call or email him with the sailing, cabin #'s and promotion we want, and he will book it and get right back to us.  He also told us that if we put something on hold, then cancel it so he can rebook, he can get in trouble for that with Carnival.  I will follow his instructions until told otherwise by him.

• Like 1

Mine always replies to me the same day, usually within 30 minutes.  Only time it took longer was during COVID and another batch of cancellations were announced.  I would usually just put my next cruise on hold and leave a voicemail saying as much and he would call me the next day before the hold expired to complete the booking.