Booking Princess Shore Excursions with OBC

Hi all,

I don’t think this is possible anymore but thought I would ask. We have a sizeable OBC for a cruise and want to use this for shore excursions. Is there any way we can purchase prior to boarding and have this taken out of our OBC or would I have to pay with CC if I book now?

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, resordanis said:

Hi all,

I don’t think this is possible anymore but thought I would ask. We have a sizeable OBC for a cruise and want to use this for shore excursions. Is there any way we can purchase prior to boarding and have this taken out of our OBC or would I have to pay with CC if I book now?

I have just used our OBC for our excursions before we board in Vancouver on 6 May.

just select your excursions and follow through to payment and it will offer you to pay with your OBC. Or of course use your CC. 

12 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Hi all,

I did this for the World Cruise on the Coral Princess leaving in June. After I selected my tours, when it came to the payment option I selected 'pay from OBC'.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, resordanis said:

Thank you so much all, much appreciated. I only got to the credit card option.

I think I did too, and was unsure whether to proceed as I didnt want to pay by CC. I simply logged into "Live Chat" on Princess, got someone right away. Asked my questions. She asked for permission to log into cruise personaliser which I gave. She checked and told me to just go to the next screen (after the CC window) and it will def show the OBC as an option, which it did.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

I think I did too, and was unsure whether to proceed as I didnt want to pay by CC. I simply logged into "Live Chat" on Princess, got someone right away. Asked my questions. She asked for permission to log into cruise personaliser which I gave. She checked and told me to just go to the next screen (after the CC window) and it will def show the OBC as an option, which it did.

Wouldn't it be better if OBC was first option?  Then you could continue on to CC, if not. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Good stuff, we have used OBC on a few of our previous Princess cruises.

It is easy to use OBC for excursions or purchases after you board, but it isn't so easy before the cruise. The problem with waiting to book excursions is that many of them sell out well before the cruise starts. I bought internet for the world cruise and had to pay immediately. I couldn't pay for it from my OBC. If I waited until I boarded the ship I could do that, but I was pretty sure the price was going to be increased. It was.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

It is easy to use OBC for excursions or purchases after you board, but it isn't so easy before the cruise. The problem with waiting to book excursions is that many of them sell out well before the cruise starts. I bought internet for the world cruise and had to pay immediately. I couldn't pay for it from my OBC. If I waited until I boarded the ship I could do that, but I was pretty sure the price was going to be increased. It was.

It was easy for us, we prebooked and just used the credit card to pay the difference.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Wouldn't it be better if OBC was first option?  Then you could continue on to CC, if not. 

It comes up as first option once you go into payments from memory but guess it’s making sure payment option is covered gir those who don’t have OBC or enough OBC

20 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

It comes up as first option once you go into payments from memory but guess it’s making sure payment option is covered gir those who don’t have OBC or enough OBC

It actually worked out ok once I finally went thru to the payment page. Thanks all.

• Like 2