Is Le Petit Chef worth the time/money?

Sigyn

1 minute ago, jules815 said:

Is the menu different each day, and are you able to see what the menu's going to be before making a reservation? Looks like something we'd enjoy, once.

During our cruises the menu changed once. 

We were on Infinity in October with another couple who are long time friends. We decided to book it and were very pleased.  The food was amazing and service excellent.  I think we enjoyed watching the animation more with friends than we would have as a couple. I read the negative reviews also, but we had no regrets about going to it.

• Like 3

We have done three different shows.  Very entertaining.  The service was excellent, especially considering the food is served at the same time to the guests.  The food was also very good.  Think of it as a specialty restaurant with entertainment.

We've gone as 2 twice, and once as 4.  When we went as a 4, the lady at the next table was a single, so she joined our little group. 

Here in Los Angeles the same deal costs far more than on the ship.

• Like 4

does not appeal to us..cartoons not our thing..maybe fun for kids

We would prefer a great lunch at the Bistro Cafe...great food, wine, service and view on E class..Dine at your own pace..

guess its whatever you prefer

23 hours ago, njsmom said:

I booked Le Petit Chef for our upcoming Alaskan cruise on the Millennium, but then cancelled after reading a few meh-type reviews. Not sure if I should rebook. Is it worth the time/money? There aren't many specialty restaurants on M-class ships, so I thought this might be a fun deviation from the normal menu in the main dining room. But now it seems like maybe not. Would love to hear input from those who have recently experienced it. 

On an M Class ship, it you don't have Aqua or Retreat class, your only diversions would be Sushi on Five or Tuscan Grille (or chefs table, if they have it).  I'm not a big fan of the main dining restaurants, so I would book it, but not as a first choice over Tuscan, Sushi on Five, or Chef's Table.

• Like 1

We have avoided La Petit Chef on all our cruises and I thought we would never dine there but i have made a reservation for our upcoming cruise. 

Our next cruise is on Millennium and as @hubofhockey said, on the M-class there are limited choices.  We will do Sushi on Five a couple of times, in port lunch, and also have a reservation at Tuscan.  

4 minutes ago, txtechmk said:

Definitely do this once!  So fun!  But after you have seen it once.......not sure I need to see it again......

That's why we have it booked for our upcoming cruise.  However,  every time I look at the menu I am tempted to cancel the reservation.  The choices do not appeal to be but my DW will have the final say.

• Like 2

We did it on Edge in 2020 (right before COVID) and really enjoyed it.  We’re on Millennium in May and considered it again since it’s a different show, but we don’t really like the menu choices so will pass this time.  I agree it’s worth doing at least once.

It's worth it compared to the prices at other venues that offer Le Petit Chef. You can see them at lepetitchef.com : CAD$165 in Vancouver or £119 in London versus USD$65 on Celebrity. It does appear the land restaurants are 5 courses versus 4 on Celebrity, but it's still significantly cheaper.

Do they still have Q sine on  any of the ships.. ?   It is listed under specialty  dining  but we have not heard if it still exists???

We really enjoyed it a few times.  It was a small venue with whimsical decor(like Alice in Winderland,), an ecceltic  tasting type menu and some of the best food and service on Celebrity!   

At some point they may have tried the animation there .. We would have skipped that but loved Q sine.

On 4/16/2023 at 10:38 PM, Mark.Jules said:

Yes, it is worth the time and money. After you have this experience you may go the one and done route or have found a new favorite to enjoy multiple time. 

Yes.  One and done is the way to go here.

7 hours ago, hcat said:

Do they still have Q sine on  any of the ships.. ?   It is listed under specialty  dining  but we have not heard if it still exists???

We really enjoyed it a few times.  It was a small venue with whimsical decor(like Alice in Winderland,), an ecceltic  tasting type menu and some of the best food and service on Celebrity!   

At some point they may have tried the animation there .. We would have skipped that but loved Q sine.

They had Qsine on Infinity last October.  That is when we went to Le Petit Chef. Agree it was the best food we had on that cruise.

Edited by Mike-Cruisin

My husband and his mom went to Le Petit Chef on the Constellation this past November.  He said the food was average and the meal was really long.  The video he showed me of the animation looked cute but from our perspective it was not worth the high cost.   But as you can see from the comments, whether it is worth it to any one individual is going to vary greatly.

25 minutes ago, Mike-Cruisin said:

They had Qsine on Infinity last October.  That is when we went to Le Petit Chef. Agree it was the best food we had on that cruise.

I learned that Q sine,  if it is in place,  is only for Le Petit Chef..I started a sep thread.   Sad to see Q sine ( the original) gone!

I think Qzine is long gone for M class ships.  I’m a big fan of Chef’s Tables.  Have done a couple on Princess, a great one on Azamara, but never Celebrity.  We have Aqua on our Japan cruise next May, but I would take a night off if I could find a chef’s table.  I would have to be convinced on Le Petit Chef.  Reviews are mixed.

For the last two days my DW and I have watched a couple of YouTube video's and looked over the current menu for La Petit Chef and came to the conclusion that as Retreat guest who dine in Luminae it was not worth $130 for us to experience the venue.  As most people have indicated it is a 'one and done' and we just don't think the value is there.   I just cancelled our reservation for our upcoming cruise.