Help needed: Odyssey of the Seas, Wonder of the Seas or Oasis of the Seas?

I could use some help. I'm trying to decide between a few choices for spring break next year. It's for myself, my husband, and our 16-year-old son. I haven't been on any of these ships, but I have been to all of the ports that the Wonder goes to, and I've been to Nassau (ugh) where Oasis goes. The itinerary for Odyssey looks the best, but not sure if my son would prefer an Oasis class ship (we've been on Harmony before but nothing else from Royal Caribbean.) 

Icon is also going on a week-long route this same period but it is $7,926 for an ocean view balcony to the Western Caribbean ports of Puerto Costa Maya, Roatan, Cozumel and CocoCay so that is about $2,000 more than the others for what I feel like is a less appealing itinerary. 

Any advice would be appreciated.  

Wonder of the Seas

7 Night Eastern Caribbean and Perfect Day

March 31 - Sunday, April 7

Day 1 Orlando (Port Canaveral)

Day 2 Perfect Day at CocoCay

Day 3 Sea Day

Day 4 Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas 

Day 5 Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Day 6 - 7 Sea Days

Day 8  Orlando (Port Canaveral)

Ocean View Balcony - $5,645

Oasis of the Seas

7 Night Western Caribbean and Perfect Day

March 31- April 7

Day 1 Miami, Florida

Day 2 Nassau, Bahamas

Day 3 Perfect Day at CocoCay

Days 4 Sea Day

Day 5 Labadee, Haiti

Day 6 Falmouth, Jamaica

Day 7 Sea Day

Day 8 Miami, Florida

Ocean View Balcony $5,260

Odyssey of the Seas

8 Night Southern Caribbean and Perfect Day

March 30 - April 7

Day 1 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Days 3 - 4 Sea Days

Day 5 Oranjestad, Aruba

Day 6 Willemstad, Curacao (also there: Seabourn Ovation)

Days 7 - 8 Sea Days

Day 9 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Ocean View Balcony - $4,336

Edited by goldenfarm

I'd do odyssey for the extra day, less money and has nice ports. 3 very nice ports. Odyssey is new enough you will have just as much to do onboard. 

I want to cruise more so watch the money. 

Or find a TA with group rates.

• Like 4

8 days and

Day 5 Oranjestad, Aruba

will be our first choice.

Is an easy choice

Odyssey is a bit smaller, but still HUGE.

It has better Solarium than other two I feel.

It has great place Seaplex for teens. IFly, NorthStars

But first two have Zipline, Central Park, amazing water show, iceshow... And overall more unusual

All three have Surfing

Edited by Tatka

I would do Odyssey as the port is closer to airport than Cape Canaveral.  

Quantum class ships are fun and the Northstar is neat to go up in too.

But I think Wonder is a good choice too for the great ice show and Aqua Show

So pick one for 2024 and for 2025.

I love O class ships. Since you have been on Harmony you already know what they are all about. This February I sailed on Odyssey. I never had much interest in Q class ships but the date, itinerary,  departure port, and price all lined up. It turned out to be an awesome cruise. The ship has some quercky design issues but it is beautiful and there is plenty to do, or not, depending on your preference. I liked the ship so much that I already have it booked for next year. Of your choices I would go Odyssey for the 8 days, very nice itinerary, and price. 

1 hour ago, goldenfarm said:

I could use some help. I'm trying to decide between a few choices for spring break next year. It's for myself, my husband, and our 16-year-old son. I haven't been on any of these ships, but I have been to all of the ports that the Wonder goes to, and I've been to Nassau (ugh) where Oasis goes. The itinerary for Odyssey looks the best, but not sure if my son would prefer an Oasis class ship (we've been on Harmony before but nothing else from Royal Caribbean.) 

Icon is also going on a week-long route this same period but it is $7,926 for an ocean view balcony to the Western Caribbean ports of Puerto Costa Maya, Roatan, Cozumel and CocoCay so that is about $2,000 more than the others for what I feel like is a less appealing itinerary. 

Any advice would be appreciated.  

Wonder of the Seas

7 Night Eastern Caribbean and Perfect Day

March 31 - Sunday, April 7

Day 1 Orlando (Port Canaveral)

Day 3 Sea Day

Day 4 Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas 

Day 5 Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Day 6 - 7 Sea Days

Day 8  Orlando (Port Canaveral)

Ocean View Balcony - $5,645

Oasis of the Seas

7 Night Western Caribbean and Perfect Day

March 31- April 7

Day 1 Miami, Florida

Day 2 Nassau, Bahamas

Day 3 Perfect Day at CocoCay

Days 4 Sea Day

Day 5 Labadee, Haiti

Day 6 Falmouth, Jamaica

Day 7 Sea Day

Day 8 Miami, Florida

Ocean View Balcony $5,260

Odyssey of the Seas

8 Night Southern Caribbean and Perfect Day

March 30 - April 7

Day 1 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Days 3 - 4 Sea Days

Day 5 Oranjestad, Aruba

Days 7 - 8 Sea Days

Day 9 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Ocean View Balcony - $4,336

I would do Odyssey for the extra day and the ports. I'm going on the Wonder in 13 days and excited to be on the newest ship, but I heard the Odyssey is really nice. Im sure they fixed the broken stuff from the teens this past spring break

With the info provided, Odyssey without a doubt.  I would say Oasis, but to save $1000, go to inferior ports, and get one less day...Odyssey is the best bet.  Aruba and Curacao are must see islands and Coco Cay is amazing.  Did that exact sailing March break 2022 on the Odyssey.

15 hours ago, basenji56 said:

I would do Odessey. But beware—this Spring Break, some young people on Odessey were out of control. Lots of damage to the ship reported. 

I was on that Odyssey spring break sailing and while I did notice the damage to some of the elevators I never in 8 nights personally ran into any groups of unruly kids. I did hear the stories but fortunately didn't have it personally affect us....we however were sailing with no kids. That is unfortunately a spring break thing that can happen on any ship/cruise line when you put over 2000 kids together. I have been on many spring break sailings through the years and remember similar stories and occurances on pretty much all of them.

Edited by bajathree

My last three ships, done them all in the past year. I'd definitely go Odyssey - an extra day for a lower price and a cool itinerary with plenty of sea days to enjoy the ship. And she is a pretty cool ship, I was a bit of a Quantum Class skeptic before going on her (did Anthem once and went straight back to Oasis Class for years after) but was impressed with what she had to offer. They modified the ship pretty well. For a 16 year old, Quantum Class should be a good fit.

I like Oasis and the two private islands but it goes to both Nassau & Falmouth which is a thumbs down from me. Wonder is my least favourite of the three ships though the itinerary is fairly generic, no outright bad ports.

Edited by GlasgowCruiser01

The Oasis itinerary is not impressive except for the two private islands. I do like the ship, from what I've read on it. I'm not a fan of Nassau. I've been to Ocho Rios and was not impressed. I've never been to Falmouth. However, I would expect it to offer similar meh excursions.

Edited by goldenfarm