Live from Millennium Panama Canal East-to-West April 21 - May 6, 2023

DaKahuna

Currently relaxing in the Retreat Lounge and asked Luis for something light and refreshing. 

This is what he brought me.  It has no name according to him.

IMG_8746.thumb.jpeg.2bfbbc6496ea5500ecde7d2d5e86201d.jpeg

It was so delicious that I had to have another

IMG_8747.thumb.jpeg.5674093ebfabf1b0ef355399fa13536f.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

I have been thinking about this for a couple of days now but keep forgetting to comment on it.  

The men who are reading this and have sailed on S-class ships may agree or now but I miss the riddles, quizzes, and quotes that are posted above the urinals in the public men’s restrooms on the S-class ships.  I use to make a point of visiting as many as I could find just to read the ‘writing on the walls.’

I also miss the automatic door open and close buttons for the restroom doors.  

I completely agree. The lack of buttons on the restroom doors poses a real challenge.  Also the threshold between areas, I am assuming for the fire doors, are much higher than on other ships and make crossing them in a scooter quite an adventure

27 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Currently relaxing in the Retreat Lounge and asked Luis for something light and refreshing. 

That looks very like a Mojito my second go to drink……my 1st is a Gin and Tonic. Enjoying your review thank you for taking the time to share. We love the Millennium great crew onboard last May in Alaska.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Provence55always said:

That looks very like a Mojito my second go to drink……my 1st is a Gin and Tonic. Enjoying your review thank you for taking the time to share. We love the Millennium great crew onboard last May in Alaska.

It is not a mojito.  That is what I thought when I first looked at it and saw the mint leaves.  It has vodka,  muddled mint and lemon, and slices of cucumber.  I suspect it also contains sugar free sprite as that seems to be his favorite secret ingredient.

I am looking forward to tonight’s after dinner cocktail, he mentioned something about a new rum for me to enjoy. 

• Like 2

For those following and are curious how the shipboard wifi has been working all I can saybis “fantastic.”  While there have been occasional instances where a screen has paused, the speeds have been great, considering Celebrity apparently throttles user to give a relative standard performance to all users.

Here are the results of speed test I have been running so far this cruise.  Keep in mind I have the Premium WiFi package do user’s with basic will most likely have slower speeds.

IMG_8750.thumb.jpeg.55a23d9d5fcf284b7642f587803519cb.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It was passed out to a few of us in the lounge who asked.  It was not distributed to our room.

So you did receive your helipad invitation for tomorrow?

For those following and are curious how the shipboard wifi has been working all I can saybis “fantastic.”  While there have been occasional instances where a screen has paused, the speeds have been great, considering Celebrity apparently throttles user to give a relative standard performance to all users.

Here are the results of speed test I have been running so far this cruise.  Keep in mind I have the Premium WiFi package do user’s with basic will most likely have slower speeds.

I can't say the same. It was pretty terrible for me, was barely able to get any serious work done which does require a good amount of data flow.

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Looks sort of like a mo..if not interesting anyhow!

Edited by hcat

OK, the notice about the Helipad is printed in Celebrity Today for tomorrow so it's not an event limited to a certain group of invited guests.

I wonder how they manage the crowds but given the mobility limitations of many guests on this cruise and the hot weather it's probably not so much of a run on the platform.

On 4/19/2023 at 1:48 PM, 39august said:

Gotta love that health questionnaire. I'm over 80 so I pretty much have muscle and body aches every  day. And fatigue, depending on how energetic I get in a zumba class!

And I have severe allergies, so stuffy nose, congestion, and coughing are part of my daily life. I just answer no to those questions as they are not new symptoms.

• Like 1

Enjoy the canal tomorrow!!  I look forward to seeing some photos. It's going to be hot!!  Bring a hydration pack with you if you are going to be out on that helipad for any length of time.  I suspect the Sky Lounge will be very popular--hopefully no chair hogs there.

We have an aft balcony for next April's canal cruise. Our balcony should be in the shade!

image.jpeg.7e36354aa5ad7ab45ef266db2dd15562.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Moochi said:

I hope my husband do not see this and get any ideas for bathroom decoration at home. I need him to concentrate on keeping the area clean, and finish the business fast to make the facility available to others.

I recently did a major bathroom remodel.  I did it my self.   I also followed my doctors orders.    Best advice I ever had and my wife has to allow it.   Showers are now one of the best part of the day next to waking up.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

IMG_0519.jpeg

• Haha 10

6 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I have been thinking about this for a couple of days now but keep forgetting to comment on it.  

The men who are reading this and have sailed on S-class ships may agree or now but I miss the riddles, quizzes, and quotes that are posted above the urinals in the public men’s restrooms on the S-class ships.  I use to make a point of visiting as many as I could find just to read the ‘writing on the walls.’

I also miss the automatic door open and close buttons for the restroom doors.  

I showed these to my wife and she asked what are you guys doing in there?    I said you should see the videos they show in the commodes.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

IMG_2794.jpeg

IMG_2744.jpeg

IMG_2743.jpeg

IMG_2741.jpeg

IMG_2742.jpeg

4 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

It is not a mojito.  That is what I thought when I first looked at it and saw the mint leaves.  It has vodka,  muddled mint and lemon, and slices of cucumber.  I suspect it also contains sugar free sprite as that seems to be his favorite secret ingredient.

I am looking forward to tonight’s after dinner cocktail, he mentioned something about a new rum for me to enjoy. 

I think this is how it was made.   The sprite could be substituted for the lemonade and sparkling water 

https://whitneybond.com/cucumber-mint-vodka-cocktail/

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

1 hour ago, miched said:

I recently did a major bathroom remodel.  I did it my self.   I also followed my doctors orders.    Best advice I ever had and my wife has to allow it.   Showers are now one of the best part of the day next to waking up.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

IMG_0519.jpeg

What a brilliant idea! Our contractor did us wrong. I can fit only one fat and short bottle there. Where do I complain about it? Friggin Americans can’t get their measurements and math right🤣🤣🤣

0EC664A6-4FB4-4F3B-B7BE-305963918970.thumb.jpeg.f18e5be6085782e1e0d23294e799684c.jpeg

• Haha 4

Is helipad going to be open the entire day for those who are invited, and you can go in and out though out the day for the view? That would be really cool, and worth it to book the Retreat just for this privilege.

Hope you have a great passage through the canal and get a some interesting  photos.  We've only done a partial from east (before expansion),  and it was perfect...Our ship had great placement in line.. We took an excursion from Lake Gatun (?) and  had wonderful canal views...but a full transit is still on our list.

I  read an article this morning on my phone's weather app that the area down  there is in drought and  two feeeder lakes (humanmade)  do  not have sufficent water from rain to adequately supply the canal.   Article said they are limiting  large shipping vessels. If you hear anything let us know.

E N J  O Y !