Will Apex leave 50 Sky Suites Empty?

letsgogogo

Or at some point will they lower the very high minimum move up bid? Cruise is about 50 days out? I don’t think many are biting on $1700 x 2 for a 7 night cruise. This cruise has tons of availability in all cabin categories. 

17 minutes ago, letsgogogo said:

Or at some point will they lower the very high minimum move up bid? Cruise is about 50 days out? I don’t think many are biting on $1700 x 2 for a 7 night cruise. This cruise has tons of availability in all cabin categories. 

Minimum bids will vary by current cabin.  I agree that is very high, but what type of cabin do you have currently?

39 minutes ago, jelayne said:

the minimum bid for those in AQ and Concierge could be considerably less thus filling some of those some of those open suites.

Makes total sense. Move Up to concierge is a total waste. And aqua MoveUp is 500 pp, no thanks. $1000 to eat in Blu a few times is not worth it and I might use the spa once if at all. Do they ever drop minimums if few people are biting? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, letsgogogo said:

Are you looking at June 18th because yikes. I just priced it on a my usual cruise broker site and there over $5K a person.

6 hours ago, letsgogogo said:

Interesting pricing data point here.  Considering there are 146 sky suites on Apex and 50 unsold for your sailing, that means they've sold 2/3 of their inventory which is pretty good profit for them considering the price has not gone up or down significantly from original release to the price it is now. They would probably rather keep the prices high and take some high offers for move ups last minute than lower the active pricing for the suites.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

They would probably rather keep the prices high and take some high offers for move ups last minute than lower the active pricing for the suites.

So this is what my original question was about. If they are not getting offers for the minimum move up bids, then what? Do they ever reduce the minimum bid for move up?

21 minutes ago, letsgogogo said:

So this is what my original question was about. If they are not getting offers for the minimum move up bids, then what? Do they ever reduce the minimum bid for move up?

On the Reflection prices were reduced by 20% , still a lot of S-1 empty 

what surprised me was that some people were able to upgraded from inside to DV for a minimum amount but a lot of people are still have not moved 

Maybe a lot of people still dont know about the move up process

1 hour ago, letsgogogo said:

If they are not getting offers for the minimum move up bids, then what?

They might be holding out on accepting move-up bids that exist until the last minute (days before sailing). Giving themselves time for people to book or upgrade at the going rate.

1 hour ago, letsgogogo said:

Do they ever reduce the minimum bid for move up?

Yes, not often though and the min bid amounts are not reduced by a substantial amount. I think all I've seen is around 20% like Ex-airbalancer reported.

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

what surprised me was that some people were able to upgraded from inside to DV for a minimum amount but a lot of people are still have not moved 

Not everyone can participate.  At least 1 big box TA does not participate and there are probably others as well, so those booked with them can’t bid.

9 hours ago, letsgogogo said:

why would they start discounting big time now?  Still plenty of time fro last minute people with money to book.  Move up lookers are always on the prowl even last minute

3 hours ago, tfred said:

why would they start discounting big time now?  Still plenty of time fro last minute people with money to book.  Move up lookers are always on the prowl even last minute

Also have the comped or partially comped offers to BCC cruisers.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2023 at 7:08 AM, letsgogogo said:

I have gotten 2nd Move UP emails with lower prices for certain categories so it can happen.

They 100% want to get ANY Move Up $--it costs them little more on their end regardless of what cabin you are in (those Retreat services are there whether suites are half full or completely full).

On 4/21/2023 at 10:38 AM, jelayne said:

I have not personally seen the minimum dropped but did hear from a frequent X cruiser that it did happen on a cruise they were booked on.

Yes I am at the Edge now.dues to so many vacant suite cabins still available.They lower the bid from 1750 to 1360

I still not hook with that price so I didn’t bid.

when I am on board the 1st day they offered 100 per day per person for any available Sky suites.

Edited by verizon
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I have been on so many suites that Luminae and  Retreat does interest me any more.

The suite life is no more the same as the old day.

On 4/21/2023 at 5:08 AM, letsgogogo said:

If there are not enough Move Up bids or people booking last minute, the answer is YES. I certainly wouldn't expect them to fill them up with complimentary upgrades.