Contacting Cruise Connect/Intercruise to book.

FangedRose

Not sure about the difference between size of ship and arrival time for coaches. I've took the coach from Carlisle twice, once for Iona and once for Arvia and both times we were on the ship by 130pm. Arrival has been about 1pm both times. I don't know if this is because of the longer journey and perhaps shorter journey coaches get held to 3pm.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, defbref said:

Not sure about the difference between size of ship and arrival time for coaches. I've took the coach from Carlisle twice, once for Iona and once for Arvia and both times we were on the ship by 130pm. Arrival has been about 1pm both times. I don't know if this is because of the longer journey and perhaps shorter journey coaches get held to 3pm.

Both our 2014 cruises coaches from Leeds were told that if they arrive before 3.30 then they would be held until that time. We have not been aboard before 4.15 pm!.  This means we are among the last few aboard and have little chance booking the Olive Grove etc for the times we prefer. If the coach is held up by traffic having set off to arrive at 3.30 will the ship wait for us and will we be allowed to board after the advertised time of 4.30pm?

50 minutes ago, Funboy said:

Both our 2014 cruises coaches from Leeds were told that if they arrive before 3.30 then they would be held until that time. We have not been aboard before 4.15 pm!.  This means we are among the last few aboard and have little chance booking the Olive Grove etc for the times we prefer. If the coach is held up by traffic having set off to arrive at 3.30 will the ship wait for us and will we be allowed to board after the advertised time of 4.30pm?

We have booked Intercruise for our next cruise, after reading reviews we would have opted for Eavesway but this was the section on the web site that swung it for Intercruise

1. THE OFFICIAL CUNARD LINE, PRINCESS CRUISES AND P&O CRUISES TRANSFER SERVICEThe ship will make every effort to wait for you in the event of any unforseen delays to your coach journey. Since the service started in 2001, we have never missed a sailing!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

We have booked Intercruise for our next cruise, after reading reviews we would have opted for Eavesway but this was the section on the web site that swung it for Intercruise

1. THE OFFICIAL CUNARD LINE, PRINCESS CRUISES AND P&O CRUISES TRANSFER SERVICEThe ship will make every effort to wait for you in the event of any unforseen delays to your coach journey. Since the service started in 2001, we have never missed a sailing!

Exactly. And the fact that Eavesway doesn't even run a service from Carlisle anymore makes it a no brainer.

2 hours ago, Funboy said:

Can you not book The Olive Grove pre cruise?

18 hours ago, FangedRose said:

Don't need to book anything.on board

Yes you do if you want Olive Grove at certain times. Sometimes it is completely booked when we board.

10 hours ago, FangedRose said:

.Only the big ships have coaches arriving at 3pm. All others coaches arrival time is between 1pm and 2pm. Nor is it necessary to book stuff. The trouble is the big ships, not the coach.

We were told not to arrive until at least 3.30 pm not 3pm. It is VERY necessary to book stuff otherwise you don/t get it. The Olive Grove was not available before 7.45 when we wanted 6.00  and another day it was not available at all.. Lets face it, most people are aboard by the time we get on(around 4pm.)

1 hour ago, Rupert2251 said:

Just booked our free coach for our 2026 cruise on Britannia. 15 minutes from first dial to putting the phone down and email just arrived. Well done 😊

Great....shows that it can be done....just wish that it worked like that every time but trying for 2 & half days listening to awful music and then getting cut off after 10 minutes every time isn't a great experience

5 minutes ago, janny444 said:

Great....shows that it can be done....just wish that it worked like that every time but trying for 2 & half days listening to awful music and then getting cut off after 10 minutes every time isn't a great experience

We deliberately left it until latish afternoon to avoid the rush, still got the awful music for a few minutes then bingo. Happy Days!!

13 hours ago, Rupert2251 said:

We deliberately left it until latish afternoon to avoid the rush, still got the awful music for a few minutes then bingo. Happy Days!!

Started phoning them as soon as they opened and continued to phone them all through the day until their closing time for 2& a half days ! so their rush was on all of the time...no avoiding it....Frustrating Days !!

Re the music...I still haven't recovered 😀

Still debating if to try the bus from Doncaster services .August next year usual drive down day before.What sort of time do they pick up any info welcome.Dont they have a web site to book or is it by the phone only 

Eavesway have now stopped offering coach travel òn some of the P&O ships definitely stopped Iona cruises because numbers are not enough, although they are still offering Aurora  cruises.

36 minutes ago, Bin man said:

Still debating if to try the bus from Doncaster services .August next year usual drive down day before.What sort of time do they pick up any info welcome.Dont they have a web site to book or is it by the phone only 

There is a web site for Cruise connect where you can book the coach. If you have booked select and taken the coach as a perk you have to phone. It isn't always easy to best guess the pickup time as it depends on the route the coach takes. We are boarding in September in Barnsley and won't know pick up time until around 3 weeks before.

Had a look at web site and it seems to work giving p and o ref and a 3 letter ref my TA gave me and then gives the full discount for travel didn't Press next step as p and o not confirmed booking although its on my personaliser .

53 minutes ago, Bin man said:

Had a look at web site and it seems to work giving p and o ref and a 3 letter ref my TA gave me and then gives the full discount for travel didn't Press next step as p and o not confirmed booking although its on my personaliser .

Really...that is good to know...saves all that hanging about on the phone. I did try to book on line with Cruise Connect for the included coach transfer but wanted to charge me full price BUT you have mentioned a 3 letter reference number from your TA...I didn't have that...did you have to ask your TA for that or did they just give it to you ?

No my TA gave it to me as I say was a 3 letter code plus P and O ref code and cabin no required on form .I have since booked it and went through with confirmation email stating terms and conditions, invoice and email stating they will inform 3 weeks before time if pick up so seemed very straightforward 

3 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Eavesway have now stopped offering coach travel òn some of the P&O ships definitely stopped Iona cruises because numbers are not enough, although they are still offering Aurora  cruises.

When did they stop offering the service?  I see they still offer Arvia, Aurora,Arcadia, Brittania and Ventura luckily.  Our coach this year with Intercruise was appalling, no air con, no leg room, tatty seats (prisoners probably travel in better comfort) and driver kept stopping at services for no other reason than to have a fag.

1 hour ago, Bin man said:

No my TA gave it to me as I say was a 3 letter code plus P and O ref code and cabin no required on form .I have since booked it and went through with confirmation email stating terms and conditions, invoice and email stating they will inform 3 weeks before time if pick up so seemed very straightforward 

I have just emailed my TA to see why I wasn't given a letter reference number....if your TA had one mine should have even though it may be a different TA and that we won't know as you are not allowed to name TAs

On 7/23/2024 at 1:13 PM, Mymarina Bay said:

When did they stop offering the service?  I see they still offer Arvia, Aurora,Arcadia, Brittania and Ventura luckily.  Our coach this year with Intercruise was appalling, no air con, no leg room, tatty seats (prisoners probably travel in better comfort) and driver kept stopping at services for no other reason than to have a fag.

Hi

They don’t have enough coaches to cover all ships,,,don’t forget the cater for Princess,Cunard,MSCVirtuosa and Fred Olsen.plus private hire,football clubs and rugby teams,,,,,travelled on Leicester Tigers coach once from Liverpool,turned some heads when a load of 70 yr olds got off at Services.