Platinum Disappointment

HOUSTONVIP

It still amazes me how people know to come here to complain, but didn't pay attention to this forum over the last 2 years when all of these changes were announced.  I guess they wouldn't have anything to complain about if they actually paid attention and not just ASSUMED everything was the same.  

• Like 6

4 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Printing a letter is a waste of paper and resources which is one of the reasons for going paperless.

One could simply ask the steward or call guest services if they don't have a smart phone. The use of QR codes is becoming universal, worldwide. The times are changing and everyone needs to change with them or lose out. This is not a Carnival issue.

First, not all cruisers are even going to know what amenities they are entitled to if they're red or gold. And they wouldn't know to call guest services or inquire about it to their steward.  At Platinum, I know and frankly don't care since they are primarily worthless.

You inferred that it would be a piece of paper given out to each cruiser.  A permanent posting on the desk or wall that everyone could read would solve the problem including those that are not inclined to have their smart phones with them.  Some still use flip phones or possibly no cell phone at all.  Not everyone is electronically up to date these days.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

This is not a Carnival issue.

Yes it is.  Proper communication with cruisers regarding the specific benefits of a loyalty package that cruisers have earned is solely at the feet of Carnival.  It's part of the overall marketing package.  Even though we both know the heart of their promotion is to obtain as many blue cards as possible, there are still benefits to appeasing the golds, platinums and diamonds for Carnival in the long run as they attempt to rid themselves of their billions of debt.

21 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

First, not all cruisers are even going to know what amenities they are entitled to if they're red or gold. And they wouldn't know to call guest services or inquire about it to their steward.  At Platinum, I know and frankly don't care since they are primarily worthless.

You inferred that it would be a piece of paper given out to each cruiser.  A permanent posting on the desk or wall that everyone could read would solve the problem including those that are not inclined to have their smart phones with them.  Some still use flip phones or possibly no cell phone at all.  Not everyone is electronically up to date these days.

Permanent postings are no good .The whole program is subject to change with or without notice.

Bu Carnival does have a chart anyone can reference:

https://www.carnival.com/vifp/benefits

Carnival stopped sending out paper tickets years ago, but people still manage to board the ships.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Yes it is.  Proper communication with cruisers regarding the specific benefits of a loyalty package that cruisers have earned is solely at the feet of Carnival.  It's part of the overall marketing package.  Even though we both know the heart of their promotion is to obtain as many blue cards as possible, there are still benefits to appeasing the golds, platinums and diamonds for Carnival in the long run as they attempt to rid themselves of their billions of debt.

Any loyalty program is a marketing program and nothing is earned. Even your points belong to Carnival.

"Accumulated VIFP Points are not Member’s property and may be revoked, cancelled, limited or modified at any time. "

https://www.carnival.com/vifp/terms-and-conditions

It is up to the customer to keep up,  and Carnival states that in the terms and conditions of the program.

" Since any changes will be posted on this page, Members should check this page regularly."

https://www.carnival.com/vifp/terms-and-conditions

Only Carnival knows what is the heart of their promotion.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Carnival stopped sending out paper tickets years ago, but people still manage to board the ships.

Including those that are totally clueless as to what they're entitled to and how to go about receiving what they should receive.  But then again, benefits not given out adds to the bottom line of trying to alleviate those billions lost via the shutdown.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Maybe I missed it before, but when did they stop early access to staterooms for PRIORITY, PLATINUM or DIAMOND?   I assume we will still be able to just drop our carryon in the closet

image.thumb.png.906038eb65507cbc037648798b257e39.png

Seems to me it was on our documents for our May sailing, but not on our February cruise.   We ignored it and dropped our bags in our cabin and left.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am just Blessed to be able to enjoy Carnival Cruising with family and friends. As I continue to view the numbers of homeless, the number of underemployed and the number of helpless American's I cant help but not worry about my Carnival Cruise VIFP Status!

Call me whatever but there are much more serious issues that I concern myself with!     

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, vwrestler171 said:

It still amazes me how people know to come here to complain, but didn't pay attention to this forum over the last 2 years when all of these changes were announced.  I guess they wouldn't have anything to complain about if they actually paid attention and not just ASSUMED everything was the same.  

Idk about the OP but perhaps they cruise more than one line. I was just asking myself what carnival charges for auto tips. I know it could change before my jan journey cruise but it's easy to forget what every line does. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Idk about the OP but perhaps they cruise more than one line. I was just asking myself what carnival charges for auto tips. I know it could change before my jan journey cruise but it's easy to forget what every line does. 

MSC       14.00

Disney    14.50

Carnival  16.00

Princess  16.00

RCI         16.00

HAL         16.00

Celebrity  17.50

NCL          20.00

Princess, Celebrity and HAL have packages that combine tips. drinks and wifi together.  Princess is the cheapest at 60.00 per day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jetsfan58 said:

I am just Blessed to be able to enjoy Carnival Cruising with family and friends. As I continue to view the numbers of homeless, the number of underemployed and the number of helpless American's I cant help but not worry about my Carnival Cruise VIFP Status!

Call me whatever but there are much more serious issues that I concern myself with!     

Same can be said for anything including reading these posts - 😉

22 hours ago, vwrestler171 said:

Word.

Edited by BlerkOne
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Stick93 said:

Same can be said for anything including reading these posts - 😉

Absolutely and reading these post historically meant the same as a healthy dose of stress relief! I still enjoy a good dose of the absurd, the outlandish and sometimes even the heartfelt dialogue that is presented here.  

On 7/22/2023 at 7:13 PM, CruizinSusan70 said:

Some still use flip phones or possibly no cell phone at all.  Not everyone is electronically up to date these days.

92% of American and 86% of the world's adults own a smartphone.

On 7/22/2023 at 2:01 PM, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Maybe I missed it before, but when did they stop early access to staterooms for PRIORITY, PLATINUM or DIAMOND?   I assume we will still be able to just drop our carryon in the closet

image.thumb.png.906038eb65507cbc037648798b257e39.png

You have not been able to access your room - as in going there and staying it - for quite some time.

But yes, you can go quickly drop your luggage and leave right away.  This is for Priority guests only - so anyone else reading this that may not be it does not apply.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Really?   Then why do so many cruisers ask for a paper menu in the MDR and specialty venues when all they need to do is zap the QR code to see the menu?

Got me... I still print concert tickets, airline tickets, etc. even though I could just use my smartphone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Really?   Then why do so many cruisers ask for a paper menu in the MDR and specialty venues when all they need to do is zap the QR code to see the menu?

Between my hubby and I, we travel with two smart phones, an IPad and a kindle. We request a paper menu as it is reminds us of days gone by when you could just sit down and enjoy a meal.  No need for the guests to use technology for the server to deliver a good meal.  

2 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

Between my hubby and I, we travel with two smart phones, an IPad and a kindle. We request a paper menu as it is reminds us of days gone by when you could just sit down and enjoy a meal.  No need for the guests to use technology for the server to deliver a good meal.  

We agree. Looking at the menu should not be a hassle. Calling up the menu on the phone gets you tiny writing on a tiny screen and after a bit the screen goes dark. Sure, it is a minor inconvenience to expand the writing to see a small bit at a legible size and piece together in your head what the full menu looks like, but we're a bit tired of them constantly throwing minor inconveniences at us for their benefit. Doing things for our benefit would be a nice change.

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

Well then those cruisers who don't have a smart phone, don't have a cell phone and are not tech savvy should not be discriminated against by Carnival when Carnival doesn't properly communicate to them what benefits they're entitled to and how to get them.

Those that are not tech savvy probably have no idea what a QR code is and without knowing that they are blind as to how to get their free water, VIFP gift, etc.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, icft said:

but we're a bit tired of them constantly throwing minor inconveniences at us for their benefit. Doing things for our benefit would be a nice change.

Exactly.  Type up a list of what a red, gold, platinum and diamond member is entitled to and post it permanently in the room.  It's bad enough that the stuff is no longer delivered to the room and you have to go pick it up at pixels and a bar. You have to pick up a phone to order the strawberries you're entitled to as well instead of just having them delivered.

We know it adds to the bottom line because of labor costs no longer involved just like the room only being done once a day instead of two.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Many are just rebels.

48 minutes ago, icft said:

We agree. Looking at the menu should not be a hassle. Calling up the menu on the phone gets you tiny writing on a tiny screen and after a bit the screen goes dark. Sure, it is a minor inconvenience to expand the writing to see a small bit at a legible size and piece together in your head what the full menu looks like, but we're a bit tired of them constantly throwing minor inconveniences at us for their benefit. Doing things for our benefit would be a nice change.

Just ask for a paper menu and the diseases that come with them. Problem solved.