Thoughts on taking entire pizzas from the buffet

jim the lizzard! yeah, you're 100% right. the people who cut i n line are full of s***.

the question then is do you really want to get into a a hassle with them over it and possible ruin your vacation. they're no different than pool chair hogs, theater chair hogs, or any other people cruising that have a sense of entitlement.

they are affectionally and collectively known as "KARENS" !  besides, ive had the buffet pizza many times, and although it's ok, certainly not getting into a fight over.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, complawyer said:

jim the lizzard! yeah, you're 100% right. the people who cut i n line are full of s***.

the question then is do you really want to get into a a hassle with them over it and possible ruin your vacation. they're no different than pool chair hogs, theater chair hogs, or any other people cruising that have a sense of entitlement.

they are affectionally and collectively known as "KARENS" !  besides, ive had the buffet pizza many times, and although it's ok, certainly not getting into a fight over.

They don't know any better, because they were not taught proper etiquette.

23 hours ago, Sunseeker810 said:

Years ago, you could order a pizza for $5.00 and have it delivered anywhere on the ship.  I really miss that!

Still can.  Not sure the price, but they’ll deliver it anywhere on the ship!  Forget what NCL calls it but it was advertised on board.

As far as preordering a pizza in rhe Garden Cafe?  No such thing.  OP…. you let someone scam you!  Should have told the peeps they deliver pre-ordered pizzas to the Haven Concierge Desk, and to go retrieve it there.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Should have told the peeps they deliver pre-ordered pizzas to the Haven Concierge Desk, and to go retrieve it there.

You know that they won't do that. Haven guests are not allowed to carry food anywhere on the ship,,, you need to have your butler deliver it to you. 

I am half serious about that. Last year, we were running to a show and asked to take our desserts from the Haven restaurant to our room,,, 20 steps out the restaurant door. They insisted that the night butler do that... which they didn't. So, after our show, I went back and asked for desserts to take back to our room and the Maitie D had to carry the two plates of cake to our room, 20 steps away. 

On a separate day, we had left over sushi and grabbed the plate to take with us. It was like the world had come to an end. Our waiter had to carry the plate for us to our room. The restaurant manager said that they would get in soooo much trouble if the concierge saw us carrying a dragon roll into the Haven. 

Edited by BirdTravels

14 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You know that they won't do that. Haven guests are not allowed to carry food anywhere on the ship,,, you need to have your butler deliver it to you. 

I am half serious about that. Last year, we were running to a show and asked to take our desserts from the Haven restaurant to our room,,, 20 steps out the restaurant door. They insisted that the night butler do that... which they didn't. So, after our show, I went back and asked for desserts to take back to our room and the Maitie D had to carry the two plates of cake to our room, 20 steps away. 

On a separate day, we had left over sushi and grabbed the plate to take with us. It was like the world had come to an end. Our waiter had to carry the plate for us to our room. The restaurant manager said that they would get in soooo much trouble if the concierge saw us carrying a dragon roll into the Haven. 

True…would be fun to see them try, though!!!!!😉

BTW….never had anyone stop me from taking a plate of anything to my cabin…!

Edited by graphicguy

15 hours ago, complawyer said:

Agree on the quality of the pizza.  And while I won’t get into an argument with someone about lines or pizza, I certainly will tell anyone where the line starts.  Because I’m sure they just don’t know. 

We have priority tendering and this woman lost her mind because the Hotel Secretary grabbed us as we exited an elevator to take us down another set of steps to the tender.  She told people every time we saw her on the ship to “watch out, here comes a big shot” and how ridiculous it is that “some people” get preferential treatment.  After the third day, I asked her to stop because it was making us uncomfortable.  That made it worse.  So I just started sending drinks to her when we saw her at a restaurant, a show, anywhere we saw her.   Didn’t change a thing….all because we had priority tendering!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

People are entitled to do anything they want these days.  I love how they told the OP they "pre-ordered" which allowed them to take pizza away from everyone else.  I find that story suspect.  It could have been a ruse to monopolize the pizza bar.  I once saw on a cruise vlog that someone complained about a woman who took the giant container of soup away from the buffet over to the table to feed her family.  Rules are for these horrible people who violate any norm and courtesy we all take for granted.  This is a reason I dont like the buffets.  What about the people who dont like the line so they start their own line in the opposite direction to cut ahead of the long line.  People have not shame.  

BTW, will this work for the line for Vibe?  ****cutting the line ***** "Excuse me, we pre-ordered.  Please give us the last 6 vibe passes on the ship"   

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 4/28/2023 at 11:27 AM, ziggyuk said:

As far as I'm concerned nobody cut a line, if you paced an order at a set time you go straight to the front to collect just as you don't wait in line for a table if you have a reservation. The order was coming out separate from the food all the people were waiting for.

Is this a thing?  Never knew it was possible.

On 4/28/2023 at 1:10 PM, Sunseeker810 said:

Years ago, you could order a pizza for $5.00 and have it delivered anywhere on the ship.  I really miss that!

I remember that.  Is it no longer the case?

On 4/28/2023 at 9:07 PM, BirdTravels said:

So,,, both times that we were on the Prima, they were serving "fancy pizza" versus the normal cardboard disks with tomato sauce and cheese. I wonder what they grabbed.

image.png.910d4cf0fb91100aef9dc4c24e9befb9.png

lol Cardboard discs- reminds me ordering Dominos in college and never learning not to

• Haha 1

What is cutting in line at a buffet?  At a buffet I simply look for what I want and put it on my plate.  Beside, who really cares if they took a whole pizza, four scoops of scrambled eggs, six muffins, or anything else in a quantity that is above what I would take, not me.  More pizza and other food will be will be there soon enough.  Its not like the ship will run out if someone takes over a certain amount.  Taking all you wnat to eat is the whole point of a buffet!  The 'we ordered ahead' sounds like sarcasm aimed at someone who poked their nose into someone else's business.  What a silly t8hing to get all upset about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

What is cutting in line at a buffet?  At a buffet I simply look for what I want and put it on my plate.  Beside, who really cares if they took a whole pizza, four scoops of scrambled eggs, six muffins, or anything else in a quantity that is above what I would take, not me.  More pizza and other food will be will be there soon enough.  Its not like the ship will run out if someone takes over a certain amount.  Taking all you wnat to eat is the whole point of a buffet!  The 'we ordered ahead' sounds like sarcasm aimed at someone who poked their nose into someone else's business.  What a silly t8hing to get all upset about.

"We ordered ahead" was told to me as they moved to the front of everyone in line to take pizza. It was told to all of us waiting. Your tone is very patronizing, I don't appreciate this paternalistic take. I have every right to ask any questions I'd like about policy and practice, and to me, this is no different than registering annoyance at chair hogs or people who lounge barefoot on furniture in the Observation Lounge.

You think this is silly, fine, move on. I'm sure you gripe about things that I'd think are silly as well. 

If more food will be there soon enough, including their "order," shouldn't they have been the ones to wait? 

• Like 12

mocruisefan: taking the entire pizza was not the point op was trying to make. it's the issue of having a bizarre, unfounded sense of entitlement that people can be rude and just cut in line. the line was made for people to patiently wait for whatever it is they are getting, be it a buffet, grocery checkout line, bank line etc.

there is no excuse or justification they are more important than any one else standing i line. for all i care, take the entire da** pizza, just dont try and cut in front of me., 

i can only hope that you are not one of those people that push little old ladies out of the way to get the last sale item (LOL)

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, complawyer said:

mocruisefan: taking the entire pizza was not the point op was trying to make. it's the issue of having a bizarre, unfounded sense of entitlement that people can be rude and just cut in line. the line was made for people to patiently wait for whatever it is they are getting, be it a buffet, grocery checkout line, bank line etc.

there is no excuse or justification they are more important than any one else standing i line. for all i care, take the entire da** pizza, just dont try and cut in front of me., 

i can only hope that you are not one of those people that push little old ladies out of the way to get the last sale item (LOL)

Exactly

Does anyone remember the Golden Corral buffet brawl because someone got a piece of steak before someone else.  Or the crab leg riot at the buffet.  I tried posting it but because its sort of violent, its age restricted on youtube.  There are norms and courtesy most people follow at a buffet.  But there are always the few that ruin it for everyone.

32 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Exactly

Does anyone remember the Golden Corral buffet brawl because someone got a piece of steak before someone else.  Or the crab leg riot at the buffet.  I tried posting it but because its sort of violent, its age restricted on youtube.  There are norms and courtesy most people follow at a buffet.  But there are always the few that ruin it for everyone.

I remember that.  

Part of the growing trend for people thinking they can get/have anything they want, whenever they want, say anything they want, to anyone they want, with no repercussions.

Just start saying "no" and it will eventually stop.

• Like 1

Additionally, if NCL and any new ship suddenly has a new mechanism for pre ordering at the buffet, that's something to discuss here and figure out what best practices are. If it's possible to order pizza ahead of time, then it would be possible to order an omelet as well, and we should all know and understand why people would be cutting to the front of the omelet line at any given time. 

Of course as we've all sussed out, this group was most likely posturing and full of it, as there is no written policy that I can find for pre ordering buffet pizza. 

• Like 1

On 4/28/2023 at 4:33 AM, OrangeCatRamblers said:

They told me, by way of apology (?) that they needed enough lunch pizza for their group of 21. 

This is the unbelievable part.  A group of 21 people on a ship with endless lunch options and they all agreed to just eat the NCL pizza?  I think I had two slices over the last two weeks, but I certainly would have been happy to avoid the drama and just move on to the next food station.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

This is the unbelievable part.  A group of 21 people on a ship with endless lunch options and they all agreed to just eat the NCL pizza?  I think I had two slices over the last two weeks, but I certainly would have been happy to avoid the drama and just move on to the next food station.

Another problem would be 21 people trying to sit together in the crowded buffet.  Would they try to commandeer tables and push them together?