Cheers package question

William142

I went back several pages and didn't see this question answered.

Can you order one alcoholic drink and a soda at the same time? Or do you have to wait five minutes to order a soda even though they are unlimited?

Also, if you bring your own thermal type cup to keep it cold will they fill it up with soda at no charge if you have thr cheers package?

Thanks in advance, first cruise since I was 16 and doing the 10 Night alaska from San Fran. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, William142 said:

Also, if you bring your own thermal type cup to keep it cold will they fill it up with soda at no charge if you have thr cheers package?

No. They will not fill your cup. You must transfer.

On Q1, I think not, but you can get a drink and water at same time

4 hours ago, William142 said:

Can you order one alcoholic drink and a soda at the same time? Or do you have to wait five minutes to order a soda even though they are unlimited?

Thanks in advance, first cruise since I was 16 and doing the 10 Night alaska from San Fran. 

yep. You can order an alcoholic and non alcoholic drink at the same time, just not two of the same. That’s been my experience anyway. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, William142 said:

They may or may not fill your cup for you (hubby used to do this precoved with no issues all the itme because back then you never thought about what could happen. Not sure if they would actually do it now) - but it is BEST if they don't 😄  Just get a drink and transfer it yourself.  That way there is no chance of germs getting spread around.

Just a side note, also please do not refill your own cup at dispensers in the lido.  Get fresh, clean cups and fill those and then dump into your cup.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, William142 said:

It really depends on the bartender. I have been able to get both at the same time and I have been told to wait the 5 min as well. Never had an issue getting water and a drink at the same time though. 
I am on the same sailing as you.

On 4/30/2023 at 7:46 AM, TxTeach79 said:

yep. You can order an alcoholic and non alcoholic drink at the same time, just not two of the same. That’s been my experience anyway. 

Same.  I sometimes ordered my kid's pop along with my drink.  (don't worry, I wasn't cheating the system, he had bottomless bubbles, I just didn't have his card with me at the time). 

4 hours ago, momof3cruisers said:

I almost always get a water or a soda when I order an alcohol drink with Cheers. The gal in the coffee shop on Spirit gave me the hint that if I wanted coffee and a water, I needed to get my coffee spiked. 😉

I tried to order two mocchachinos at once with one card and the lady at the coffee shop on Glory wouldn't do it. Probably would have done one spiked and one not, IDK. Since the priority was DW's morning coffee, and I'd had mine, I just took the one.

19 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

I tried to order two mocchachinos at once with one card and the lady at the coffee shop on Glory wouldn't do it. Probably would have done one spiked and one not, IDK. Since the priority was DW's morning coffee, and I'd had mine, I just took the one.

I think it was just because it was water probably but who knows. I’ll try in Feb and let you know. Haha. That’s a long way off for around here though.

4 hours ago, momof3cruisers said:

I think it was just because it was water probably but who knows. I’ll try in Feb and let you know. Haha. That’s a long way off for around here though.

Actually in preparing this reply I did recall a different time during the week when I got a mochaccino and a gatorade at the same time with no questions. 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2023 at 6:46 AM, TxTeach79 said:

I actually have had different results with this? I was at Chibang on Mardis Gras and tgd drink server asked if I wanted the afire coke or alcohol first? He said he needed to stagger them by 5 minutes. But I have always been able to get an alcoholic drink and a water? They are strict about 2 non alcoholic as well sometimes? Happened at Java Blue when I wanted a water with my coffee? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thenagers said:

I actually have had different results with this? I was at Chibang on Mardis Gras and tgd drink server asked if I wanted the afire coke or alcohol first? He said he needed to stagger them by 5 minutes. But I have always been able to get an alcoholic drink and a water? They are strict about 2 non alcoholic as well sometimes? Happened at Java Blue when I wanted a water with my coffee? 

When the waiters are entering several orders, they are able to space your order apart.  

Hope I can pose a somewhat related Cheers question.  When you order a drink using Cheers, is the standard tip included?  Or, must one add the tip?

Edited by Bluewake

Just now, Bluewake said:

Hope I can pose a somewhat related Cheers question.  When you order a drink using Cheers, is the standard tip included?  Or, must one add the tip?

When you buy the package, the standard tip is added.  When you buy a drink, you have the option to tip additionally.

40 minutes ago, MayorDrafty said:

When you buy the package, the standard tip is added.  When you buy a drink, you have the option to tip additionally.

Thank you.  We will be sailing Carnival for the first time in a few years and couldn't recall how the Cheers program worked.  Much appreciated.

52 minutes ago, Bluewake said:

You pay gratuity on the package when you purchase it, which is then paid out to the bartenders when you order a drink.

7 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

Actually in preparing this reply I did recall a different time during the week when I got a mochaccino and a gatorade at the same time with no questions. 

We did this all the time on the Mardi Gras. There was a cooler of Gatorade right there next to the register at the coffee shop and we would get a coffee and a Gatorade at the same time frequently. We never had a problem. 

While we're on this topic, are you able to order a drink with top-shelf using the Cheers package? For example, am I able to order a Patron margarita instead of using whatever standard tequila they have?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, carnival03 said:

While we're on this topic, are you able to order a drink with top-shelf using the Cheers package? For example, am I able to order a Patron margarita instead of using whatever standard tequila they have?

yes, any top-shelf $20 and under is covered. This is the way to go if you get Cheers...top shelf all the way 

Edited by ibarrio
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Bluewake said:

10 hours ago, MayorDrafty said:

The standard tip is not added.  CHEERS adds 18% of the cost of CHEERS as a gratuity so about $9 per day.  If you divide that $9 among all the beverages ordered during the day, it becomes less than $1.00 per drink and could be way less.  It is not 18% per the cost of each drink like it is when charged individually.  

3 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

The standard tip is not added.  CHEERS adds 18% of the cost of CHEERS as a gratuity so about $9 per day.  If you divide that $9 among all the beverages ordered during the day, it becomes less than $1.00 per drink and could be way less.  It is not 18% per the cost of each drink like it is when charged individually.  

Well, it becomes whatever # of drinks you order divided into approx $10. If you have a low day, it might be $2.50 per drink. Etc. 

7 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

The tips for the bar staff, other than the extra tips provided, are undoubtedly pooled. That means everything averages out in the end.

• Like 1