Misleading photo

kruzseeka

I wouldn't be going to the Golden Lion if I was in the Grills. It's a good opportunity to make sure you're happy with your table and meet your waiters and sommelier. 

You can check the Dinner menu and pre-order your wine.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, techteach said:

@Winifred 22 Congratulations on your loyalty status, I only have one cruise to my name. But, I’m going to drop my bags and run to the Golden Lion on embarkation in June. Perhaps I’ll run into @BklynBoy8 since we’ll be on the same cruise!

That’s what we do, simply because people tend to camp out at tables, reading or whatever, in the pub so it can be nearly impossible to get a table after the first day, in our experience.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, techteach said:

@Winifred 22 Congratulations on your loyalty status, I only have one cruise to my name. But, I’m going to drop my bags and run to the Golden Lion on embarkation in June. Perhaps I’ll run into @BklynBoy8 since we’ll be on the same cruise!

All the choices I think are good my favourite is the Chicken Tikka curry then the Fish and Chips. The burgers can be a bit hit and miss. Sometimes they are very tasty and other times they are like the frozen ones they serve at outdoor grill. The same with the pies. Enjoy though and for all included it’s good value. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Winifred 22 said:

Chicken Tikka curry then the Fish and Chips

I always go for F&C but very rarely change.

Chicken Tikka sounds interesting but is it spicy or hot? Steak and Mushroom Pie was my alternative never tried. Have think what to try this coming sailing.

46 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

I always go for F&C but very rarely change.

Chicken Tikka sounds interesting but is it spicy or hot? Steak and Mushroom Pie was my alternative never tried. Have think what to try this coming sailing.

No the curry is not too hot or spicy and comes with Nan Bread and Popadom and onion Bargee. It’s not an overly large portion but just enough for lunch then afterwards depending which Queen I am on it’s up but Kings Court for dessert or a cake from Carinthia  lounge😀

Edited by Winifred 22
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

No the curry is not too hot or spicy and comes with Nan Bread and Popadom and onion Bargee. It’s not an overly large portion but just enough for lunch then afterwards depending which Queen I am on it’s up but Kings Court for dessert or a cake from Carinthia  lounge😀

Got to give it a try.....

The lady in this video taste tests several dishes in Golden Lion including F&C, pie and curry.

Hopefully she doesn't eat them all as going by the backgrounds the video has been filmed in one session:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, techteach said:

@BklynBoy8 I have to agree with @Host Hattie that I need to make sure we’re happy with our table on embarkation day. Fish and Chips another day.

Agree since the Grill gives you the opportunity to do so. We did it in September in PG. After boarding we were ready for a sit down meal. It's not the opportunity you get in regular Britannia when tables are first used on the first evening. So enjoy your QG lunch. We will most likely introduce our guest sailing with us to KC or Carinthia.

9 minutes ago, D&N said:

The lady in this video taste tests several dishes in Golden Lion including F&C, pie and curry.

Hopefully she doesn't eat them all as going by the backgrounds the video has been filmed in one session:

I remember seeing this on You Tube 😂😂 Hope she didn’t eat it all. 

Edited by Winifred 22

@D&N thanks for the video!

I think she is wearing something different when she tries the pudim/desserts.

I also hope she didn't eat it all!

The one thing that appeals to us would be the curry, I'\m not one for curry usually but that one looks greatly presented and (if I am not mistaken) one of you mentioned nothing too spicy, then it will be great for me.

Maybe the cauliflowers pie as we make it different, may have a go at it... it seems a nice atmosphere there, loving how this went rapidly from a misleading photo into a full on foodie thread...maybe someone with forum powers should move the whole food thing into an independent thread, as a first time on Cunard passenger, am glad I came to read and kept reading, food is HUGE for us on traveling 🙂 

Edited by MrsPeel55
typos

Bringing this topic back to marketing from Cunard, I see a slight change in the wording on the QA site for their itineraries. 
Instead of using the term “At Sea” they use “Cruising” for sea days. 
I guess Sea Days on QA is too fuddy-duddy! Interesting to see if that becomes part of Cunard’s verbiage. 

4 minutes ago, NE John said:

Bringing this topic back to marketing from Cunard, I see a slight change in the wording on the QA site for their itineraries. 
I guess Sea Days on QA is too fuddy-duddy! Interesting to see if that becomes part of Cunard’s verbiage. 

Have to check my voyage.....I have 3 on my trip.

10 minutes ago, NE John said:

Sea Day are ours on the Cunard Calendar

7 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Sea Day are ours on the Cunard Calendar

Check out itineraries on the new QA, not existing ships. 

Edited by NE John

7 hours ago, NE John said:

All my bookings on QV and QA use the term 'sea days' on the calendar.

The term 'cruise by' is often used on a scenic but non port day.