Cape Liberty, NJ cruise port to Bermuda

mduffles64

Hello - we are planning on driving to the Cape Liberty, NJ cruise port for a Bermuda cruise.  I understand there is parking at the cruise port.  Do they have a shuttle from your car to the check-in area for your cruise?  Or is it walkable?  Or do we need to get a taxi/uber?  Thanks

Parking is very expensive at Bayonne and you could be parked a fair distance from the ship.  After driving there and parking once we have only gone by taxi or Uber.  I's a lot easier and sometimes less expensive.

15 minutes ago, mduffles64 said:

Hello - we are planning on driving to the Cape Liberty, NJ cruise port for a Bermuda cruise.  I understand there is parking at the cruise port.  Do they have a shuttle from your car to the check-in area for your cruise?  Or is it walkable?  Or do we need to get a taxi/uber?  Thanks

The parking lot is adjacent to the Pier terminal, so no shuttle is needed nor is there one 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Altamar said:

It’s walkable. I think last year we paid 200.00 for the week.

Thank you - We are planning on dropping our checked bags at the port and then going to park.  We will have our carry-ons and weren't sure if we will be able to walk.

Parking is $25/day.  You'll get a ticket at the parking garage entrance on embarkation day and then pay at the machines outside the garage on debarkation day before getting your car.  You can let anybody with walking problems off in front of the terminal and go park.  The walk is easy (under 5 minutes).

• Like 1

You drop off your luggage and then go park your car.  There is a parking garage which my last two recent cruises were used for handicapped only and we used the street level parking...which honestly I like better because when leaving the cruise, it is much easier...and both are an easy walk to the terminal.  Parking is $25 per day and I saw that as of May 3rd, will be $30 a day.

10 hours ago, mduffles64 said:

Hello - we are planning on driving to the Cape Liberty, NJ cruise port for a Bermuda cruise. 

As of May 1, parking at Cape Liberty will be $30 per day up from $25.

Cruise boarding times are no longer being enforced, I suggest you arrive no later than 10:30 to avoid traffic congestion the closer you approach the terminal. There is a 1 lane road that widens to 2 lanes within sight of the terminal. All vehicles must pass the luggage drop zone before parking. There is a parking garage which is no more than a 2 minute walk to the terminal entrance. There is also a parking lot across from the terminal which is another easy walk.

Starting in May, 3 ships will be based out of Cape Liberty requiring all possible parking spaces to be utilized. What this means is you may not be parking in the garage (preference given to handicap) or the nearby lot. There are other parking areas at Cape Liberty and some are quite far from the terminal to the point that a shuttle was provided from these areas to the terminal in 2022. I suggest dropping luggage & passengers at the luggage drop zone should you be directed to these distant parking spots.

If parking in the garage, you pay at conclusion of the cruise so bring the parking ticket with you onboard. Last year some who parked in the lots reported having to pay on boarding day, some reported paying on disembarking. So have cash/credit card with you after dropping luggage should you pay on day 1.

If you are traveling NJTP, use exit 14A. The best route to Cape Liberty is via Chosin Few Way. Stay left at the toll booth, go left up the ramp & then right when 440 & Chosin Few Way split. Ignore the small sign pointing to 440 for Cape Liberty.Chosin Few Way (no lights) to the end. Left on Goldsborough Dr to the terminal.

Chosin Few Way, Avenue E & 440 all lead to the terminal. CFW is the fastest & best.

Edited by meadowlander
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...